No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw-and rate it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rented DIEHARD. 9/10 This movie still holds up very well!

Comment

• I've got the flu so I've been watching all of my parents old movies that they dont watch anymore.

I just finished An Officer and a Gentleman...9/10. I liked it a lot.
      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• The Wickerman with Nicolas Cage...I didnt like it at all... I would say 5/10.

Comment

• George Lopez Why you Crying 10/10 I was laughing my A$# off.
          sigpic
          Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

• Talladega Nights.

7.5/10

I usually don't go for Will Ferrell films, but it was just so funny! Especially if you watch NASCAR! Sascha Baron Cohen(Ali G, Borat) was brilliant!
            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
            I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

• The Devil's Advocate...........I have this dvd, and just watched it again.........9/10.....great movie
              My 3 favorite teams:
              1.The Denver Broncos
              2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
              3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

• Braveheart 6/10

It came out in 1995, so I cant believe I'm watching it 12 years after it came out. Terrible mix of humor and combat. The English actors are all pretty awful, and Mel Gibson's Scottish accent borders on offensive

Still contains some excellent scenarios and plot threads.
                Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Mystic River.

I'm sure it reads better than it plays.

My wife and I figured out real quick that Tim Robbins character was going to be suspected for the crime. And that it wouldn't be him.

Bad Southie accents, slow pace.

6/10.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                  You should check these guys out

Comment

• Pan's Labyrinth

9.5/10

Pretty awesome movie if you ask me.

There was blood, there was drama, there was a very interesting story of a little girl who is destined to be a princess.

Plus you see this monster that eats children and it totally creeped me out

The whole movie is in Spanish and you have to watch it in subtitles but it was an amazing movie. (even if the main character seemed to not have that much of common sense)

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                      Pan's Labyrinth

9.5/10

Pretty awesome movie if you ask me.

There was blood, there was drama, there was a very interesting story of a little girl who is destined to be a princess.

Plus you see this monster that eats children and it totally creeped me out

The whole movie is in Spanish and you have to watch it in subtitles but it was an amazing movie. (even if the main character seemed to not have that much of common sense)
                      That is one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Comment

• Gridiron Gang 8/10 good but the end game was predictable
                        Divinci Code 7/10 pretty good but the book was awesome
                        Last edited by nickelpickel; 02-21-2007, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
                          Mystic River.

I'm sure it reads better than it plays.

My wife and I figured out real quick that Tim Robbins character was going to be suspected for the crime. And that it wouldn't be him.

Bad Southie accents, slow pace.

6/10.
                          I really liked this movie. I also thought they did a great job with the acting and storry line.

I would give 8.4 / 10

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                          Braveheart 6/10

It came out in 1995, so I cant believe I'm watching it 12 years after it came out. Terrible mix of humor and combat. The English actors are all pretty awful, and Mel Gibson's Scottish accent borders on offensive

Still contains some excellent scenarios and plot threads.
                          I thought this movie was a break through for a lot of additional movies but in addition a very well played out film.

8.2 / 10

** As far as Pan's Labyrinth goes!!!! 9.7/10

Comment

• Murder in the First

I rented this movie because my wife had not seen it.

Kevin Bacon and Christian Slater (his best performance in a movie if I might add)

Kevin Bacon should have won award in this film.

If you have not seen this I highly recemend this movie.

9.2 / 10

The plot is based on a true story which apparently led to closing down of the Alcatraz. Henri Young (Bacon) is charged with committing a federal crime when he steals $5 to feed his younger sister from a store which doubled for a post office. In the typical absolute vein of the current legal system, he is sentenced to serve time in prison.

The Alcatraz prison, which was conceived to hold people like Al Capone and George "Machine Gun" Kelly, also held prisoners who were convicted of lesser crimes, like the one committed by Young above, in order to justify its existence. In fact, a vast majority of the 1545 inmates in the prison "were not to be found on wanted posters adorning post office walls." It is said that spending time in its solitary confines has driven dozens of people insane.

Young, who spends time in the solitary confines after an escape attempt, kills another inmate who traded security in exchange for testifying against Young. James Stamphill (Slater) is given his first case: to defend Young on a murder charge. When everyone expects Young to be sent to the gas chamber for his crime, Stamphill puts the Alcatraz prison and its Wardens on trial.

The performances are all superb. Christian Slater plays the role of the freshman lawyer well, and Kevin Bacon's portrayal of a prisoner on the verge of insanity is brilliantly convincing. Milton Glenn (Gary Oldman) is ruthless and cruel as Alcatraz's Associate Warden. There is enough drama in the movie to keep the audience from getting bored, even though there is little action. I think a bit more time could've been spent exploring how the post-Depression post-Prohibition era mentality among the American people allowed such an institution to exist.

Comment

• Grudge 2

This was an awfull movie and felt like writing the producers that they need to give anyone who saw this movie there money back

3.6 / 10

down the line no good things to say about this movie but the part when girl throws up back into the jug and drinks it over again

Story line awfull, acting awful, special effects awfull... just the entire movie.

Comment

• Talladega Nights....

0/10....
                                Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Working...
                                X