Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw-and rate it!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
    Nebraska - 9/10 This movie was VERY funny and poignant at the same time. Excellent cast, script, directing, etc. The cousins in Hawthorne reminded me of my own loser cousins from Indiana. Job-less beer swillers.

    Hercules (with the Rock) - 4/10 Horrendous acting and just a train wreck. Even with John Hurt, Rufus Sewell, & Ian McShane plus Bret Ratner directing this flick was painful to watch.

    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - 7/10 - Better than expected, but then again I'm a sucker for any movie that stars Chris Pine and Kevin Costner.
    My God, I hated Nebraska. lol.
    sigpic

    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

    Comment


    • Interstellar - Cool visuals and OK cast, lots of plot holes and goes down hill quick after we adventure into the black hole....
      sigpic


      Comment


      • Nightcrawler 6/10 - Was a very sharp image and a creepy character but the story just trailed off. The guy is a perfectionist and adjusts to make himself better. What I didn't like about this outside of the story was the thought process of some of the subcharacters, it made you wonder if this would ever happen and what was motivating these folks

        John Wick 8.5/10 - Loved the movie, the action, and the world they describe. It seems as though everyone knows the main character but then he does this after the Dog is killed. I think they could have improved the ending a little better but I am glad that it ties in and related somehow someway.
        50 Stars and 13 Bars

        Comment


        • A Million Ways to Die in the West- 5/10

          Absolutely disappointing movie. I love Seth Mcfarlane, I loved Ted and love Family Guy but there is such a thing as too much Seth McFarlane.

          He dominated the dialogue way too much in the beginning and spent way too much time trying to emphasize how dangerous the West was. It was like he had some kind of agenda like we were stupid to go through the Wild West because of how easy it was to die. As if we could've just avoided the era all together. Don't get me wrong it had it's moments and some of it was really funny. But most of it was overkill.

          Some of the adult sexual humor was overbearing as well and like they were just trying to be as foul as possible but it wasn't actually funny. It was very different than Ted. The redeeming qualities were Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson. Pretty good in anything they do. Though at times Theron's acting was a little lacking.

          Also a lot of the humor was trying to mix modern stuff with the past. Like making jokes about how the dresses create a false impression of a big butt and it would fool the black guys. I could be way off on this but I kind of thought that was a modern day thing to make such a big deal about.

          That's the other thing that bothered me. I know family guy has always pushed a lot of boundaries on racism. But some of the racial humor in this was a bit over the top.

          Then the most confusing part was the cameos. Ryan Reynolds and Jamie Fox specifically neither one made much sense. And their 10 second parts were not worth whatever they had to pay them to do them. Especially Reynolds.

          It was a redbox so cheap. But don't waste your money on it. Wait for Netflix if you must.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            A Million Ways to Die in the West- 5/10

            Absolutely disappointing movie. I love Seth Mcfarlane, I loved Ted and love Family Guy but there is such a thing as too much Seth McFarlane.

            He dominated the dialogue way too much in the beginning and spent way too much time trying to emphasize how dangerous the West was. It was like he had some kind of agenda like we were stupid to go through the Wild West because of how easy it was to die. As if we could've just avoided the era all together. Don't get me wrong it had it's moments and some of it was really funny. But most of it was overkill.

            Some of the adult sexual humor was overbearing as well and like they were just trying to be as foul as possible but it wasn't actually funny. It was very different than Ted. The redeeming qualities were Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson. Pretty good in anything they do. Though at times Theron's acting was a little lacking.

            Also a lot of the humor was trying to mix modern stuff with the past. Like making jokes about how the dresses create a false impression of a big butt and it would fool the black guys. I could be way off on this but I kind of thought that was a modern day thing to make such a big deal about.

            That's the other thing that bothered me. I know family guy has always pushed a lot of boundaries on racism. But some of the racial humor in this was a bit over the top.

            Then the most confusing part was the cameos. Ryan Reynolds and Jamie Fox specifically neither one made much sense. And their 10 second parts were not worth whatever they had to pay them to do them. Especially Reynolds.

            It was a redbox so cheap. But don't waste your money on it. Wait for Netflix if you must.
            Kinda my thoughts i laughed at a lot of parts like the doc brown cameo but i had low expectations for this movie so i wasnt disappointed

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
              My God, I hated Nebraska. lol.
              I'm sure there is a large generation gap between us, which is why I enjoyed it more than you.
              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

              Comment


              • I know it comes out this weekend, but someone let me know how Horrible Bosses 2 is; my girlfriend wants to see it
                50 Stars and 13 Bars

                Comment


                • New World (2013) 9.0

                  I absolutely LOVED this movie. 5 minutes after I watched it on Netflix... I bought it. A lot of the ideas are borrowed but assembled in an original way. If you like mob movies like I do, you should love this one.

                  res ipsa loquitur

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                    I'm sure there is a large generation gap between us, which is why I enjoyed it more than you.
                    Oh it has nothing to do with generation or age.
                    sigpic

                    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                    Comment


                    • Interstellar: 8.5/10

                      This could maybe be a 9 too, I can't decide. If you saw my post above regarding said movie and found that sufficient enough, sweet. If you want a more in-depth look at the movie (and even then, I felt like I was getting too long-winded and kind of skimmed over stuff), please feel free to check out my actual review on my blog.

                      (Mods, I can't remember if it's cool to link to my blog or not, if not let me know and I'll just quote the whole thing and post it here).

                      Anyway, here's my Interstellar review...
                      sigpic

                      DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                      Comment


                      • A Murder of Crows-5.5

                        Interesting premise.... HORRIBLY executed.

                        res ipsa loquitur

                        Comment


                        • 3/10 hunger games mockingjay

                          it wasnt that good at all. i watched the second on netflix before going last night. catching fire was really good and i would rate that at 7/10. but the 3rd movie and first part of the last book was just all setting up for the finale. it was all talking. boring.

                          but im sure the last movie and second half of the book will be good

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                            Interstellar: 8.5/10

                            This could maybe be a 9 too, I can't decide. If you saw my post above regarding said movie and found that sufficient enough, sweet. If you want a more in-depth look at the movie (and even then, I felt like I was getting too long-winded and kind of skimmed over stuff), please feel free to check out my actual review on my blog.

                            (Mods, I can't remember if it's cool to link to my blog or not, if not let me know and I'll just quote the whole thing and post it here).

                            Anyway, here's my Interstellar review...
                            How do you feel about Cooper stating that WE are the aliens?

                            This creates a rather glaring paradox. We are told the worm hole was placed there by the aliens (aka us in the future), yet we can't survive on Earth and need to leave it by sending people through the wormhole to eventually collect the black hole data.

                            Another glaring hole is Amelia Brand setting up camp on the new planet. Cooper went into a black hole. Judging by the time the astronaut aged in space waiting for them to get off the water planet near the black hole, if Cooper went so close and into the black hole while Brand rocketed out of it, she should have aged even more than the hapless astronaut did abord the ship. Yet we see Cooper happily going to see young Brand at the end.
                            sigpic


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              How do you feel about Cooper stating that WE are the aliens?

                              This creates a rather glaring paradox. We are told the worm hole was placed there by the aliens (aka us in the future), yet we can't survive on Earth and need to leave it by sending people through the wormhole to eventually collect the black hole data.

                              Another glaring hole is Amelia Brand setting up camp on the new planet. Cooper went into a black hole. Judging by the time the astronaut aged in space waiting for them to get off the water planet near the black hole, if Cooper went so close and into the black hole while Brand rocketed out of it, she should have aged even more than the hapless astronaut did abord the ship. Yet we see Cooper happily going to see young Brand at the end.
                              Spoiler alert much?
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                Spoiler alert much?
                                hahaah no kidding. glad i already saw it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X