No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw-and rate it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw The Joker. Interesting movie, but the main reason I watched was because I am a huge fan of Joaquin Phoenix, who in my opinion, is the one of the best actors on the planet. He is brilliant!

Comment

• Just Mercy - 8/10. Excellent movie.

And eye opening to some of the shameful things that have happened in my state in the last 50 years.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Finally saw The Joker. Interesting movie, but the main reason I watched was because I am a huge fan of Joaquin Phoenix, who in my opinion, is the one of the best actors on the planet. He is brilliant!
        You see what they did? Made a piece of art and camouflaged it as a super hero movie. Probably the only way they could get a movie like that made. "You want to do what? Make a movie that is continuously misleading, depressing, and promotes anarchy in THIS day and age?... Oh, it's a comic movie? Here's your cash!":thumb:

Comment

• Wonder Woman 1984 was bad.
          sigpic

Comment

• I've been on a found footage horror flick binge for a couple weeks now. Few good ones.

Hell House Llc (7.5/10) - Finally got around to watching this. Went with the director's cut. It didn't disappoint. I thought it was better than Paranormal Activity. The sequel is turrible.
            Afflicted (6.5) - Not as good as Hell House, but for a low budget flick, pretty impressive.
            Creep (6.0) - Decent. Better than most.
            Creep 2 (6.0) - Not bad. I kind of liked it better than the 1st.
            Butterfly Kisses (4.5) - Meh. It's an interesting take, though.
            The Butcher Possessions - (3.5) - Junk. Put me to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Wonder Woman 1984 was bad.
              Extremely Bad
              sigpic
              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• You Were Never Really Here - 7.5/10

About what you would expect from a Joaquin Phoenix movie these days. I haven't read the novel, but I did appreciate the elements of Absurdism in the movie, intentional or not. It's dripping with existentialism, but the ending really took it somewhere more specific for me. I liked The Joker more, and I think I gave it a higher rating, but there are some very unique things done by the director in this movie that I thought were pretty cool. A recurring theme between Joker and this movie is an overwhelming sense of dissatisfaction, but they do it in completely different ways.

Comment

• Zama - 7.0
                  If the last film I talked about is dropping bricks on you, this one is slowly dragging you there. Zama's plight and ensuing struggle against hopelessness gradually come into focus, and he is ultimately forced to find clarity in the inescapable certainty of his dilemma. It's not for everyone.

The Lighthouse - 8.0
                  Two guys going nuts in a remote lighthouse. Really well acted.

Comment

Working...
                  X