• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Ben Hur is in my top 10 of all time. The Chariot Race was amazing especially for not using high tech computer graphics. Great film making
    Have you seen El Cid?

P.S. Did you know Ben Hur is from New Mexico?
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-01-2021, 03:37 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bronco51
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Have you seen El Cid?
      Only a couple of times when I was much younger. I heard Amazon had a series on El Cid but haven't seen it yet.

Comment

• samparnell
        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Only a couple of times when I was much younger. I heard Amazon had a series on El Cid but haven't seen it yet.
        I will check that out.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Godzilla vs Kong: 8/10
          Good movie, i think it does good effort for both fan bases. Zilla fans like myself would enjoy it, and Kong fans would enjoy it. The first part of the movie is 85% Kong, so it does kinda start off like Godzilla is a feature in a movie that gives off the vibe that it's his movie.
          Fight scenes are great. If you wanna see large beast fight, this is the movie for you. Yes it has a human element, and I know for a lot of people, that's what they dislike the most in Godzilla movies. They want Godzilla on the scene at all times just wrecking monsters. Not love stories, family bonding, humans being humans.

Nice little twist for the second part of the movie, which would go into spoilers, so not gonna talk to much about it, other than I smiled a little at it. Being the big Godzilla fan that I am.

Visuals are great, these recent Kong and Zilla films look insane.
          Just finished it. Loved it. One of or probably the best of these last decade reboots.
          sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
            Football Immortal
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I will check that out.
            It’s good.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
              The ArchAngel
              • Jan 2009

Mortal Kombat 8 out of 10
              The opening scene set the stage and i must say, holy....
              Don't go into this expecting good acting or some great script. Watch it for what it is, a video game movie about people just fighting. It delivers on being a good fighting/action flick.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Mortal Kombat 8 out of 10
                The opening scene set the stage and i must say, holy....
                Don't go into this expecting good acting or some great script. Watch it for what it is, a video game movie about people just fighting. It delivers on being a good fighting/action flick.
                I almost stayed up late waiting on it but decided not to. Woke up early and almost started it but was afraid my youngsters would walk out and see it without me realizing. Can’t wait though. I’ve been excited for it.
                sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Academy Awards tonight. No doubt it will be one of, if not the least exciting awards ever. Not a lot of movie going these days.

Nomadland will win a bundle.

Comment

• Spice 1
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2004

The King

Pretty decent. 7/10. Pattinson was great. I want to see a whole movie of nothing but Pattinson as a French villain. I would pay money to see that. lol.

Comment

• RealBronco
                      Resident Film Critic
                      • Sep 2003

SUICIDE SQUAD (2021): 6/10

Well, hello everyone. It's been quite a while!

This isn't going to be very lengthy, as I'm a bit rusty at the ole critique game. As you all know, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to grading movies. So sometimes the score may not reflect the way you might think.

Overall, this was a fun movie, I like that they just pulled out the stops and didn't care about ridiculousness. After all, we watch movies to be entertained, and to be quite frank, outside of certain story lines or arcs, movies based on comic books should probably be big and loud and ridiculous.

This is an entertaining couple of hours but did it really need a reboot so soon? Perhaps. The last one wasn't that great, but as far as plots go, neither one of them nailed that on the head. However, I think the writing on this one was much better than the previous one and it made fun of itself with some one-liners that were pretty cringeworthy in the previous iteration.

I won't give too much away, but if you have HBOMax, definitely check it out. My wife and I had a good time watching it.

Last edited by RealBronco; 08-10-2021, 03:13 PM.
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• #87Birdman
                        The MOD Who Laughs
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post

This isn't going to be very lengthy, as I'm a bit rusty at the ole critique game. As you all know, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to grading movies. So sometimes the score may not reflect the way you might think.

Overall, this was a fun movie, I like that they just pulled out the stops and didn't care about ridiculousness. After all, we watch movies to be entertained, and to be quite frank, outside of certain story lines or arcs, movies based on comic books should probably be big and loud and ridiculous.

This is an entertaining couple of hours but did it really need a reboot so soon? Perhaps. The last one wasn't that great, but as far as plots go, neither one of them nailed that on the head. However, I think the writing on this one was much better than the previous one and it made fun of itself with some one-liners that were pretty cringeworthy in the previous iteration.

I won't give too much away, but if you have HBOMax, definitely check it out. My wife and I had a good time watching it.

Just finished and I agree. I give it a 7 out of 10 as it was enjoyable. And liked the characters be interested to see how they advance the series.

overall felt at times got a little long and some of the characters were meh but overall fun movie would recommend to those who enjoy movies that might go over the top on things (blood and gore).

Also went and saw the jungle cruise last weekend and honestly really enjoyed the movie. Had a real strong pirates of the Caribbean feel so if you enjoyed those movies I can see you enjoying the jungle cruise also. Give it an 8/10

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• RealBronco
                          Resident Film Critic
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Just finished and I agree. I give it a 7 out of 10 as it was enjoyable. And liked the characters be interested to see how they advance the series.

overall felt at times got a little long and some of the characters were meh but overall fun movie would recommend to those who enjoy movies that might go over the top on things (blood and gore).

Also went and saw the jungle cruise last weekend and honestly really enjoyed the movie. Had a real strong pirates of the Caribbean feel so if you enjoyed those movies I can see you enjoying the jungle cruise also. Give it an 8/10
                          Oh yeah, I forgot I saw Jungle Cruise a while back too. Haha.

I agree, that one was pretty fun too. Good banter between Dwayne and Emily. I'm not sure what I'd give it as far as the score goes. Maybe a 6/10. Not much you can really do with a movie based on a theme park ride as the Pirates franchise has shown us.
                          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post

Is it actually a reboot though rather than just a sequel 5 years later? I was telling my wife it was a reboot but considering many characters returned even if only for a short while I feel like it’s really just a sequel.

Harley, Rick Flag, Amanda Waller and Jai Courtney’s character were all played by the same actors. Though Jai only lasted 5 minutes. I feel like that makes it a sequel not a reboot. But I was confused a bit after I told my wife a reboot as well.

I did enjoy the movie. It was better than the first. But largely still not characters I care too much about.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tony
                              All-Pro
                              • Jul 2003

Black Widow 7/10. I wished this film had been released before age of ultron or winter soldier.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Academy Awards tonight. No doubt it will be one of, if not the least exciting awards ever. Not a lot of movie going these days.

Nomadland will win a bundle.
                                I finally saw Nomadland on our movie channel. Sure, Frances McDormand is a quality actress. And it clearly represents the way some folks live these days, which is an interesting though sad commentary of desperation at times. Maybe some are used to it, and are ok with moving about....provided they are getting by. But it did leave a taste of loneliness, which took some of the hopefulness out of it for me. But yes, all in all it is a story worth telling.

But I feel like I've seen many movies like this one, though different topic, that did not get any such acclaim. Even a number of low key productions nearby. Telling good stories, and with a more documentary style. If this was such a project, and did not star McDormand, I am not sure many folks watch it.

Overall it was fine for me. I am not disappointed I watched it. Good story. Not sure the acclaim aspect was warranted.

Comment

Working...
                                X