Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    I've been on a found footage horror flick binge for a couple weeks now. Few good ones.

Hell House Llc (7.5/10) - Finally got around to watching this. Went with the director's cut. It didn't disappoint. I thought it was better than Paranormal Activity. The sequel is turrible.
    Afflicted (6.5) - Not as good as Hell House, but for a low budget flick, pretty impressive.
    Creep (6.0) - Decent. Better than most.
    Creep 2 (6.0) - Not bad. I kind of liked it better than the 1st.
    Butterfly Kisses (4.5) - Meh. It's an interesting take, though.
    The Butcher Possessions - (3.5) - Junk. Put me to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Wonder Woman 1984 was bad.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Finally saw The Joker. Interesting movie, but the main reason I watched was because I am a huge fan of Joaquin Phoenix, who in my opinion, is the one of the best actors on the planet. He is brilliant!
    You see what they did? Made a piece of art and camouflaged it as a super hero movie. Probably the only way they could get a movie like that made. "You want to do what? Make a movie that is continuously misleading, depressing, and promotes anarchy in THIS day and age?... Oh, it's a comic movie? Here's your cash!":thumb:

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Just Mercy - 8/10. Excellent movie.

And eye opening to some of the shameful things that have happened in my state in the last 50 years.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Finally saw The Joker. Interesting movie, but the main reason I watched was because I am a huge fan of Joaquin Phoenix, who in my opinion, is the one of the best actors on the planet. He is brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Escape at Dannemora

Escape at Dannemora is an American television limited series that premiered on Showtime on November 18, 2018. It is based on the 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape. The seven-episode series was created and written by Brett Johnson and Michael Tolkin and directed by Ben Stiller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_at_Dannemora

8/10
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-08-2020, 09:36 AM. Reason: linky

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post

9/10.

This review basically sums up what I think:
    Watched it last night. Loved it. Very interesting filming style with very few actual scene breaks the way we are accustomed to seeing them done.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Yesterday
    10/10

I was impressed.
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film)

A struggling musician Jack Malik, who, after an accident, finds himself the only person who remembers the Beatles and becomes famous after taking credit for their songs.
    Hey dude, I saw it 2 weeks ago, and I really liked it! Was going to post here but forgot.

I could feel his confusion, and "what to do"?? Loved listening to many Beatles songs again! Good show, nice group of actors, and really nicely thought out. I will say no more...let folks watch without any more clues.:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Yesterday
    10/10

I was impressed.
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film)

A struggling musician Jack Malik, who, after an accident, finds himself the only person who remembers the Beatles and becomes famous after taking credit for their songs.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Midway 10/10

One of of the four or five most significant and decisive sea battles in the history of the world is put into context along with Pearl Harbor, the Doolittle Raid, Coral Sea and codebreaking. Well written, cast, directed and performed with great computer graphics.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Jumanji welcome to the jungle
    7/10
    Surprisingly this wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. The teenagers weren't as annoying as I thought they would be and the all star cast of the rock, jack black, Kevin hart , and karen gillian was great. Lots of laughs and just a good adventure movie. Maybe not as good as the one with robin Williams but I enjoyed it

Jumanji the next level 6.5/10
    The sequel was pretty much the same but with a few differences. Wasnt as fun as welcome to the jungle but definitely still entertaining. Same kids same all star cast same great chemistry. Also, side note adding Danny Glover and danny devito made this movie pretty damn funny

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied

9/10.

This review basically sums up what I think:

1917 is a simple story told in a magnificent way. The cinematography is like a well-choreographed dance, moving from scene to scene almost seamlessly. This film tugs at your heartstrings during some parts, then makes you hold your breath during others. Trust me, once this movie starts, it's hard to take your eyes off the screen.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Finally watched Joker last night. It was a pretty good movie but about exactly like i was worried about when trailers first surfaced. Mostly just an origin film without really much of an established crime boss until the very end.

It was interesting watching his slow decent into madness though. But I couldn’t stand his take on a joker laugh.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    Rise of Skywalker 8.5/10

I thought it was great, totally made up for the hot garbage that was TLJ.
    I’ll give it an 8/10, it was better than I thought it would be.

I would give it a 9 but the first 30-45 minutes of the movie seemed kind of all over the place but really settled in after that.

I’m going to see it at least two more times in the theaters. Never did that with any of the other newer SW movies.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Rise of Skywalker 8.5/10

I thought it was great, totally made up for the hot garbage that was TLJ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X