Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC ultimate fight coming!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UFC ultimate fight coming!

    Royce Gracie is coming back to fight matt hughes!!!!



    Royce is my all time favorite but he's fighting hughes
    whos one of my favorites too? I cant make a decision on
    this on
    Glen Haven Fire

  • #2
    Being a big UFC fan myself, I respect Royce Gracie for everything he's done. But honestly, I think Matt Hughes is going to destroy him.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

    It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sadly I think this will be Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, part 2.
      Then again Royce is one hell of a fighter so you cant count him out. As long as he doesn't let the fight go too long then a quick TKO isn't that hard to predict really.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

      Comment


      • #4
        I always cheer for matt but I am a huge gracie fan. He may be 40 but he never stopped fighting. He went over to japan and fought over there for a long time. UFC was sooo much harder back when royce was in it cause you had to win at least 2-3 fights to get and fight in the championship all in one night.
        Glen Haven Fire

        Comment


        • #5
          Ultimate Fight Night... any thoughts about it??

          who do you think will become The Ultimate Fighter and win the 6-figure contract with the UFC?? Stephan Bonnar Vs. Keith Jardine , Rashad Evans Vs. Sam Hoger , Joe Stevenson Vs. Josh Neer , Chris Leben Vs. Luigi Fioravanti , Luke Cummo Vs. Jason Von Flue , Josh Burkman Vs. Jon Fitch , Josh Koscheck Vs. Ansar Chalangov , Trevor Prangley Vs. Chael Sonnen , and Brad Imes Vs. Dan Christison... check them also dude on Ultimate Fight Night on Thurs Apr 6 at 8pm ET/PT on Spike.. i bet this will be an awesome match!!
          http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...htcard&eid=160

          Comment


          • #6
            Alone, I wanted to let you kow why I am moving this thread.

            The Smack section is for smack about football. This is more abf or entertainment related stuff that has nothing to do with the NFL.

            Actually, I think there is already a thread regarding the UFC. If I can find it, I will insert this post into that thread. You'll get a better response there.

            Comment


            • #7
              I will go for Hughs. But one of his favorite moves is to pick the fighter up and slam him. Dennis Hallman fought him twice and both times Matt tried this and both times Matt got arm barred. So royce might catch him.
              The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

              Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

              What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.








              communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

              Comment


              • #8
                matts submission pails in comparision to Royce however matt has the edge in strength. It should be a very good match and i am looking forward to it!
                Glen Haven Fire

                Comment


                • #9
                  Royce has better submission skills, but that's the only advantage he really has over Matt. Matt can strike better, he's an excellent wrestler as well. He definitely has endurance and staminia, I can't remember seeing him looking sluggish at the end of a round. I say Matt Hughes will destroy him, second round at the latest

                  However, the fight I'm looking forward to the most is Frank Shamrock's return to the octagon. The man is a beast, he's always been my favorite. He can absolutely destroy opponents, and I don't think his next fight will be any different
                  Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                  It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone know how good a BJJ er with one stripe on a white belt could be? Before I take a match on one days notice I would like an idea of how good he could be if he is not sand bagging.
                    The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

                    Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

                    What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.








                    communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dry Kill Logic
                      Anyone know how good a BJJ er with one stripe on a white belt could be? Before I take a match on one days notice I would like an idea of how good he could be if he is not sand bagging.
                      I'm sure that the person would be more than a formidable opponent, it depends. Someone who has trained in BJJ is going to be good on the ground, that's a given. But if that's the only strong point, than the person is not a well rounded fighter. The person is going to be trained good for the ground game, so if that's a weakness of yours, then I would be hesitant to take the fight
                      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                      It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NASurfer
                        Im with you on that. Gracie is about 40 years old now and is way too one dimensional, MMA has evolved quite a bit since the Gracie days.

                        My prediction; TKO in round 1, I'll be surprised if the fight goes on longer than that.

                        it acually evolved into an easier version for gracie.............when gracie was fighting the only rule was no biting and no eye gougeing........plus there was no weight classes.........does anyone remember the first few ufc's...like when gracie fought dan severson who was like 260 # and submitted him...or when the one guy who was about 210 fought the guy who was 600# and kicked him in the nuts several times till he went down...........remember at that time it was full contact

                        you could kick to the head when opponent was down, i remember the first one ufc 1 when the japenese guy had the american in a hold but exposed his nuts...so the guy in the headlock struck him bare knuckle in the nuts hard about 10 times....needlss to say the judo guy gave up

                        it was alot more violent then....of course ground and pound never caught on yet either....so who knows
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by David_Carr
                          Royce has better submission skills, but that's the only advantage he really has over Matt. Matt can strike better, he's an excellent wrestler as well. He definitely has endurance and staminia, I can't remember seeing him looking sluggish at the end of a round. I say Matt Hughes will destroy him, second round at the latest

                          However, the fight I'm looking forward to the most is Frank Shamrock's return to the octagon. The man is a beast, he's always been my favorite. He can absolutely destroy opponents, and I don't think his next fight will be any different

                          sorry but frank is overrated....now that is. Franklin whooped him and made it look relatively simple. I dont like his attitude or the way he goes about things. He talks smack to everyone then gets pissed when no one gives him respect. Ortiz ruined his face in the last match and I dont think it will be any different this one. Dont get me wrong I dont like how cocky ortiz is

                          Dont underestimate Royce...
                          Glen Haven Fire

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by armedequation
                            sorry but frank is overrated....now that is. Franklin whooped him and made it look relatively simple. I dont like his attitude or the way he goes about things. He talks smack to everyone then gets pissed when no one gives him respect. Ortiz ruined his face in the last match and I dont think it will be any different this one. Dont get me wrong I dont like how cocky ortiz is

                            Dont underestimate Royce...
                            You've mistaken Frank Shamrock for his brother Ken. I agree, Ken has a bad attitude about things, but he use to be a phenom in UFC. Ken Shamrock is the one that's coaching in UF3. His brother Frank is a better fighter to me. He's the one that beat Tito.

                            I'll try and find some highlights of Frank so you can check them out

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Shamrock
                            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                            It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by David_Carr
                              You've mistaken Frank Shamrock for his brother Ken. I agree, Ken has a bad attitude about things, but he use to be a phenom in UFC. Ken Shamrock is the one that's coaching in UF3. His brother Frank is a better fighter to me. He's the one that beat Tito.

                              I'll try and find some highlights of Frank so you can check them out

                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Shamrock

                              my bad, I misread that. I do think that Frank is on a whole different lvl than his brother. Its too bad that ken didnt take after him
                              Glen Haven Fire

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X