Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

--- SB Half Time Entertainment ---

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • --- SB Half Time Entertainment ---

    --- Super Bowl Entertainment has become quite a spectacle in recent years ---

    --- Actually, it wasn't until SB XXV that the half time shows really got good ---

    --- SB XL will feature the Stones ---

    --- I for one am tired of these old geezer tours that appeal to the "Baby Boomers"

    --- I hope Ron Wood is going to be with them, because Keith Richards ( can't believe that he is still alive) is a terrible guitarist --- he is always out of tune and just goes thru the stage presence motions --- most people who are not muscians think he is good --- Ron is the real guitarist --- anyway, that's my opinion ---

    --- What is your take ?
    --- Out of all the great entertainment out there,
    --- Who would you like to see performing in the half time show?

    ---

    Super Bowl
    I ------------ Universities of Arizona & Michigan Bands
    II ----------- Grambling University Band
    III ---------- Florida A&M University
    IV ---------- Carol Channing
    V ----------- Florida A&M Band
    VI ---------- Ella Fitzgerald, Carol Channing, Al Hirt & U.S. Marine Corps Drill Team
    VII --------- University of Michigan Band & Woody Herman
    VIII -------- University of Texas Band
    IX ---------- Mercer Ellington & Grambling University Bands
    X ----------- Up With People
    XI ---------- Los Angeles Unified All-City Band & Crowd Participation
    XII --------- Tyler Apache Belles, Pete Fountain & Al Hirt
    XIII -------- Ken Hamilton, various Caribbean Bands
    XIV -------- Up With People
    XV --------- Southern University Band, Helen O'Connell
    XVI -------- Up With People
    XVII ------- Los Angeles Super Drill Team
    XVIII ------ University of Florida and Florida State University Bands
    XIX -------- U.S. Air Force Band: "Tops in Blue"
    XX --------- Up With People
    XXI -------- Southern California-area high school drill teams and dancers
    XXII ------- Chubby Checker/Rockettes & 88 grand pianos
    XXIII ------ South Florida-area dancers and performers & 3-D effects
    XXIV ------- Pete Fountain/Doug Kershaw/Irma Thomas
    XXV -------- New Kids on the Block
    XXVI ------- Gloria Estefan/Brian Boitano/Dorothy Hamill
    XXVII ------ Michael Jackson & 3,500 local children
    XXVIII ----- Clint Black/Tanya Tucker/Travis Tritt/Wynonna & Naomi Judd
    XXIX ------- Patti LaBelle/Tony Bennett/Arturo Sandoval/Miami Sound Machine
    XXX -------- Diana Ross
    XXXI ------- Blues Brothers-Dan Akroyd, John Goodman, James Belushi/ZZ Top/James Brown
    XXXII ------ Boyz II Men/Smokey Robinson/Martha Reeves/Temptations/Queen Latifah
    XXXIII ----- Stevie Wonder/Gloria Estefan/Big Bad Voodoo Daddy/ Savion Glover
    XXXIV ----- Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton
    XXXV ------ Aerosmith, N’SYNC, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige and Nelly
    XXXVI ----- U2
    XXXVII ---- Shania Twain, No Doubt and Sting
    XXXVIII --- Janet Jackson, Kid Rock, P. Diddy, Nelly and Justin Timberlake
    XXXIX ----- Paul McCartney
    XL --------- The Rolling Stones
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 01-26-2006, 10:25 AM.

    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

  • #2
    Of the artists that have performed so far these are the ones I would have liked to see perform the most:

    XXXI ------- Blues Brothers

    XXXIII ----- Stevie Wonder

    XXXV ------ Aerosmith

    XXXVI ----- U2

    I'm sure Chubby Checker would have been fun too - with 88 grand pianos!

    Oh I almost missed this one - VI ---------- Ella Fitzgerald - I just love jazz.

    Good research AZ.

    Comment


    • #3
      Personally my two favourites were the Blues Brothers and ZZ Top, actually that was a pretty good game all round .

      Then last year's Macca, old school rock and roll.

      The Stones should be pretty good, I'm not a fan of theirs as such, but I do like their live act.

      As for who I would like, I'm not really sure. One thing that Live 8 proved last year is that there aren't many acts out there that can get a crowd going in a 15-20 minute set. The acts that performed there, in general, couldn't hold a candle to the original Live Aid line up, in the way that they could play a crowd.

      I've more or less given up going to gigs, I've seen the vast majority of acts that I wanted to. Possibly the best I've seen over the last year, although I've only seen the DVD, was Paul Rogers & Queen Return of the Champions tour. Good, anthemic rocking with instantly recognisable songs.
      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

      Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
      You'll Never Walk Alone




      Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

      You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

      Maybe Slowick should pay attention

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought you'd want Gerry and the Pacemakers singing "You'll never walk alone" Den-21.

        Bon Jovi would be good, got loads of good songs you can sing along with and because I'm Welsh I'll opt for Tom JOnes. He knows how to entertain an audience. Shirley Bassey too - "Hey Big Spender" - she can belt 'em out!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jaws
          I thought you'd want Gerry and the Pacemakers singing "You'll never walk alone" Den-21.

          Bon Jovi would be good, got loads of good songs you can sing along with and because I'm Welsh I'll opt for Tom JOnes. He knows how to entertain an audience. Shirley Bassey too - "Hey Big Spender" - she can belt 'em out!
          YNWA.............teach 'em some culture, eh . Actually, I think they should fly me, thee and the Kop out to perform it

          I agree with Bon Jovi, and I'm sure someone on here will agree with that idea, although I can't imagine who.

          Never been a big fan of Tom Jones, but if it was done as Tom and guests like his Reload album that could be pretty good, although I also like Thunderball, which brings us rather neatly onto Dame Shirely, Big Spender was good, but I loved her Bond themes, 'Gold Finger', 'Diamonds Are Forever' & 'Moonraker'

          So maybe there's the idea for a theme for the halftime show...............007
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

          Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone




          Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

          You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

          Maybe Slowick should pay attention

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
            ---
            XXXVIII --- Janet Jackson, Kid Rock, P. Diddy, Nelly and Justin Timberlake
            I think you lest out the best and most talked about appearance in that half time - Janet Jacksons Boob - I honestly think it deserves at leasat an honorable mention

            Comment


            • #7
              I kinda liked the idea of the Stones. As old as they are and as long as they been around, their current tour looks pretty good on the previews/advertisements. They sold out in Vegas and Salt Lake City so getting a ticket was not possible.

              I remember seeing them at Folsom Field in Boulder on October 3, 1981 with Heart and George Thorogood. That was a great show.

              I am pretty much a Country fan now and I would love to see Garth Brooks come out of retirement for a halftime show.

              I wouldn't mind seeing somebody like Matchbox 20 or Third Eye Blind either.

              I am surprised and thought before the announcement we would get Kelly Clarkson.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                That list is very impressive, thanks.
                I'm sure The Stones will get us pumped up for the second half!

                Course they could have had Bon Jovi or Green Day.
                Maybe next year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                  I kinda liked the idea of the Stones. As old as they are and as long as they been around, their current tour looks pretty good on the previews/advertisements. They sold out in Vegas and Salt Lake City so getting a ticket was not possible.

                  I remember seeing them at Folsom Field in Boulder on October 3, 1981 with Heart and George Thorogood. That was a great show.

                  I am pretty much a Country fan now and I would love to see Garth Brooks come out of retirement for a halftime show.

                  I wouldn't mind seeing somebody like Matchbox 20 or Third Eye Blind either.

                  I am surprised and thought before the announcement we would get Kelly Clarkson.

                  --- that was almost 25 years ago ! --- have you seen the Wilson sisters lately ?
                  --- i'd rather remember all those great groups the way they were !


                  --- Recently, after another Eagles reunion tour show, Joe Walsh remarked backstage about how totally awesome the audience was --- Joe was amazed that the audience had their lighters lit throught the entire performance !

                  --- Actually, Joe didn't have his glasses on, and everyone in the baby boomer audience had their glasses on !

                  --- Joe was seeing the reflection of the stage lights in the fans specs !!!

                  May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow..Up With People did it a few times....they Rock

                    Personally...I think Rock n Roll and pro football go great together. I don't really care for the Rolling Stones though....I think Velvet Revolver would be cool.
                    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
                      Wow..Up With People did it a few times....they Rock

                      Personally...I think Rock n Roll and pro football go great together. I don't really care for the Rolling Stones though....I think Velvet Revolver would be cool.
                      --- yeah, Slash would be awesome !!! ---

                      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                        --- that was almost 25 years ago ! --- have you seen the Wilson sisters lately ?
                        --- i'd rather remember all those great groups the way they were !


                        --- Recently, after another Eagles reunion tour show, Joe Walsh remarked backstage about how totally awesome the audience was --- Joe was amazed that the audience had their lighters lit throught the entire performance !

                        --- Actually, Joe didn't have his glasses on, and everyone in the baby boomer audience had their glasses on !

                        --- Joe was seeing the reflection of the stage lights in the fans specs !!!
                        LMAO! My friend just saw the Eagles in Hawaii and said the Joe was actually sitting in the audience for part of the show. I found that confusing.

                        And yeah, 25 years ago. Giving away my age now.

                        The last time I saw Heart at McNichols arena was a few years later August 21, 1987. Nancy still looked good but Anne, OH MY! She was was dressed in this black dress and she looked like a whale wearing sometime made by Mamoo the tent maker.

                        Her eyes were blackened out with makeup and she looked like a female Ozzy. They had these running ramps on the stage that would go to either side and then come back behind the drummer. She would run (or attempt to) up a ramp and she would get about half way up and the momentum would stop as she he rolled back down to the main stage. It was funny but sad. I haven't seen her much since. Meaning TV, articles, magazines.

                        Let's get Ozzy to do a halftime!! I am sure he would make everyone forget about Janet's boob!!
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Michael Jackson! his performance was memorable

                          Too bad he is a freak now....



                          :salute:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            the absolute greatest super bowl halftime ever:







                            Janet Jacksons wardrobe malfunction.
                            the space that is mine



                            We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              --- Mick Jagger said during an interview concerning appropiate behavior by performers, that Aretha Franklin was going to strip while singing "The Star Spangled Banner" !!!

                              --- i'm sure that he was just joking !

                              ---





                              .

                              May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X