• Show
Clear All

• How many of you Watch American Idol

I do all the time.
    Yes
    54.55%
    No
    45.45%

Sadly, I do. I usually watch the first auditions to get a good laugh at the crappy singers!

Comment

I dont but someone has to be, #1 show on TV. Must have some closet fans, lol

by SNK

by mrbrightside111

Comment

Heh it's one of my guilty pleasures. Though by the end of the season, I've found something else on Tuesday nights to tune into. I have this bad habit of switching back and forth between shows during the commercials, so I end up catching 1/2 and 1/2 of different shows. I really should just get Tivo or whatever and be able to watch all my shows, but well then I'd never leave my tv. LOL

Comment

yes I do....I enjoy most of it....
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I enjoy it and it has a wide base of fans/viewers here in Asia. They now have Singapore Idol and Indonesia Idol series too.

The quality is much better on American Idol than other smaller countries.

Its also fun to see part of American mainstream to relate how our culture and personal ideals are much different than out here.

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

I watched last night for the first time this season. I used to enjoy watching Simon crush the hopes of those who are horrible singers (Not that I can sing but I know this and would neveraudition). Now I feel that act has been overcooked and people audition to try and provoke a response. Now I like to watch it once they are going through the cuts with people who were initially selected so that I can at least enjoy some talented singers.

Comment

Yes its my secret though because my friends would tease me if they knew .

Comment

I've watched it the past couple of years. Each section of the competition has it's ups and downs. I have my "loves" and "loves to hate"

Current "loves": the guy with the grey hair, the one that had the sore throat last night, the cowboy.

"loves to hate": the twins. Their attitude is all wrong!
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                    I've watched it the past couple of years. Each section of the competition has it's ups and downs. I have my "loves" and "loves to hate"

Current "loves": the guy with the grey hair, the one that had the sore throat last night, the cowboy.

"loves to hate": the twins. Their attitude is all wrong!
                    I agree. The twins were really full of themselves. It was annoying. I think the one brunette female who Simon really liked both times has the inside shot right now. I think soon one of the twins will go (the first one?) and I'm not sure the cowboy will last another round.

Comment

Now this is hilarious!

from Drudgereport.com

SHOCK: 'IDOL' AMATEURS BEAT 'GRAMMY' PROS IN RATINGS
                      Thu Feb 09 2006 09:01:52 ET

How 100+ wannabes Outrated Madonna, U2, Kanye

The music business suffered another embarrassment Wednesday night -- when AMERICAN IDOL's Hollywood cattle call drew a larger audience than THE GRAMMY AWARDS!

The amateur pop contest was easily the top-rated show of the night, NIELSEN claimed, with a 17.4 rating/26 share to GRAMMY's 12.3 rating/19 share.

In direct competition at 8 pm ET, IDOL hit 27 share to GRAMMY's 16 share.

[The industry's top music awards slipped from 2005 levels [12.3/19 vs. 13.2/20] early numbers show.]

With IDOL, FOX won the night over CBS: 12.7 rating/18 share to 12.5/18.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

This was the first season I have ever watched - I caught pieces of other seasons a half a show here and there but never followed it - I started this year cause I love Simon and how truthful he is - people cant handle the truth and its so fun to watch - misery loves company i guess

I prolly wont follow it religously but I will keep my eye on it - I watched last night

I love the cryin cowboy kid - his voice isnt half bad with some work but I thought it was FANTASTIC what they did for him, giving him an experience of a lifetime - it was really really cool

BUT the fact that they dissed my boy chronic - well thats just BS -

Comment

I always watch the first few episodes, to see how people react when they get turned down. It makesme laugh when they get so upset because they dont get to go on. But after that, no. They dont do the tpe of music I like, and I really dont care about any of the issues they have.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
                            I agree. The twins were really full of themselves. It was annoying. I think the one brunette female who Simon really liked both times has the inside shot right now. I think soon one of the twins will go (the first one?) and I'm not sure the cowboy will last another round.
                            Yep. Those twins need a reality slap. But you know what? Because of their attitudes, they will probably remain on the show for a while. People thrive on that kind of stuff.

The cowboy kid will drop next round. The "old" guy will stay assuming he makes it through group week.

This week, really tests them all. Previews say some will drop out on their own.

There is a girl from Denver I really like and another one from the Vegas pool is pretty good too. Going to have to start remembering names pretty soon.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Never have, never will.

Comment

Working...
                              X