No announcement yet.

Sin City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved sin city, from the style of the scenes to the narration, It just had that comic-book feel. I actually thought it was pretty funny too. old boy was a bad ass!

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

I'm not really into that comic book stuff......

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
        Yea, I guess I was just in a bad mood, of course the movie was beatifully directed, I just thought it was a bit over the top.
        i felt the same way - i could see an interesting movie in there . . . but couldn't enjoy it for all my vomiting. it was just too sadistic for me to enjoy. kill bill . . . no problem. battle royale . . . i was disturbed for a few days, but great. sin city . . .

btw, if you haven't seen battle royale, check in to it.

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        Comic books of today have excellent art in them.

For the past 20-30 years, every artist has basically tried to outdo the one before.

The result is that the level of quality in comic book art has reached extremely high levels on a more consistant basis.

As far as artists go, I would take Jim Lee over Terry Redlin any day.
        if you're a comic book conisuire, you might enjoy this blog. i do, and i've never really read comics. more of an anime fan myself.

http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
          i felt the same way - i could see an interesting movie in there . . . but couldn't enjoy it for all my vomiting. it was just too sadistic for me to enjoy. kill bill

http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/
          Are you kidding imo Kill Bill was wayyyy worse than Sin City.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
            Kill Bill was just stupid violence. eg. Arms getting cut off and blood spraying everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
              for me it is the kind of violence - i could watch willis, the big guy, the yellow guy and the wolf guy duke it out all day . . . what i was too much for me was the "torturing the women" part. basically, violence in action type movies doesn't bother me but violence in horror movies i don't like.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Working...
              X