No announcement yet.

death metal vs. "hardcore rap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEATH METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Jared's post was excellent and was the best point to make. I wont mind what they listen to as long as they dont live by something they hear.

"Life of a simple man taught that everyone else is dirty and their love is meaningless"
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
        I think Jared's post was excellent and was the best point to make. I wont mind what they listen to as long as they dont live by something they hear.

"Life of a simple man taught that everyone else is dirty and their love is meaningless"
        you like mudvayne to???????? there like my favorite band

my fav song is under my skin
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

oh mudvayne is awesome. Im gonna go see them and korn at the end of march. But I korn is an added bonus, I'm going to see Mud. what do you think of their progression?
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
            oh mudvayne is awesome. Im gonna go see them and korn at the end of march. But I korn is an added bonus, I'm going to see Mud. what do you think of their progression?
            I love the stuff on Lost and Found but I think LD 50 is way better. lyrically i think Lost and Found is better but it makes me angry when some fans just know like "happy". i wanted to see them at ozzfest but unfortunately I live in one-horse montana. I was so pissed when i didnt get to see them open up for linkin park a couple years ago. (parents suck said i was to young or something i mean i was in the 5th grade!!!) so i really hope they come back to montana sometime.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Personally, I don't think that the music is the issue.

I think if children are raised with good values which respect the rights of themselves and others, then the music won't make much difference.

I personally think that you can like a wide variety of music, and have them enhance your life rather than control it. If someone is going to be influenced that strongly by a song, they need psychological help.

That been said, some of those angsty-sad-quiet songs are far more depressing to listen to than metal! I mean, I hear Morissey or the Smiths, and just feel awful, but metal tends to get the blood pumping!

Metallica rules!
              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
              I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
                Personally, I don't think that the music is the issue.

I think if children are raised with good values which respect the rights of themselves and others, then the music won't make much difference.

I personally think that you can like a wide variety of music, and have them enhance your life rather than control it. If someone is going to be influenced that strongly by a song, they need psychological help.

That been said, some of those angsty-sad-quiet songs are far more depressing to listen to than metal! I mean, I hear Morissey or the Smiths, and just feel awful, but metal tends to get the blood pumping!

Metallica rules!
                Metallica does rule!!
                the space that is mine

Comment

Hardcore Rap

Comment

Originally posted by Booker T
                    Hardcore Rap
                    Hi ho Welsh Fin! How's the trip? What Raiders muck have you purchased?
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      Liek my parent did, I would listen to them as well, and ask them what the appeal is.

I don't think I would restrict either, as long as my child, like me, could discern between fantasy and reality.

I mean, my seriously Catholic parents didn't like KISS and AC/DC, my mom doesn't even like doo-wop or the Beatles or any secular music(although my dad does). But they let me play "Highway To Hell" and "Creatures of The Night" whenever I wanted, as long as the volume wasn't obnoxious. And as long as I understood that they were just songs, not a course in how to live your life.

My dad actually kinda dug Cinderella's third album, "Heartbreak Station" Said it sounded like the old Rolling Stones.
                      This post makes the most sense. Great post. I feel it is important to know why my children would want to listen to music like that. Is there something I am lacking as a parent if my children are in to sadistic or satanic or even sexually expilicit music? The question should be how can I help my children to enjoy more fulfilling music or practices?
                      Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL....HORNS UP

sigpic

Comment

Wow........Another old thread...
                          well lets see....my son listens to both...
                          He listens to metal more than rap but he
                          also listens to Bob Marley and that one
                          Opera guy.

His taste in music varies.He goes to alot of metal
                          concerts and I am way out of the loop cause
                          I have never heard of these bands.I bought
                          him a ticket for his birthday to go see his
                          favorite band coming to KC in August.

I don't mind what he wants to listen to.
                          He is a good kid...no problems whatsoever.
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

well for starters
                            i would allow her the choice. its up to her on what style she likes.

when i was a kid my parents never taught me about music and i feel lioke ive missed out on so much. i only started listening to music when i was 15. then i went to college and took one semester for criminology and realized that wasnt what i wanted to do. then i went to the oncampus station and fell in love with it.
                            it was an eclectic station cuz it was for the community (rap, polka, jazz, classical, metal). most of the time it was metal thou. although i enjoyed hard rock and metal the most ive covered shifts for all the formats and learned to appreciate all form of music. polka, jazz, classical, blues i still like listening too.

as long as you take music for the way it was intended for thats fine by me to listen too. it is a form of expression and shows off teh variety in all the different cultures.

i would hope a lil in me that she would pick metal thou
                            sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Neither.

I would be disturbed if I heard something with Satanic refrences. I also don't think music is a man screaming at the top of his voice.

I would get annoyed if I heard someone talking about drugs, shooting people, getting underaged girls pregnant.

There you go.

Comment

Hmmmmm

They could Listen to ACDC, Tool, Black Sabbath, Metalica, Disturbed, and any band that I like.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X