No announcement yet.

Official American Idol thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This dude with the grey hair singing here .. "The Time of My Life" ... looks like Jay Leno singing. Sounds like it too. One thing I would never want to see ... Jay Leno singing.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Good God...

the Jay Leno guy won?!!

He sucks! That lady could actually sing and she lost? This is ridiculous.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Soul Patrol!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawgfan
          Good God...

the Jay Leno guy won?!!

He sucks! That lady could actually sing and she lost? This is ridiculous.

Thank you, man! Geez, there's actually somebody with some sense left on these boards.

sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Invesco
            Scroll over all the text below it.

Oh, gotcha. The ol' blue-text-on-blue-background trick. Clever.

sigpic
            Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Looks like the McPheever can been contained.

Good job Taylor.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• I'm having McPheever withdrawal. One thing I will say about Taylor, no matter how much I think he sucks, was that he was classy about the whole thing at the end.

I hope Kat sells more. Woo

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                2. Taxes
                3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

• Them darn rodents

Rat Cuts Power, Ruins 'Idol' for Thousands

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - About 9,500 Riverside residents found themselves in the dark after a rat chewed through power equipment at a substation.

The rodent had to gnaw through two barriers before it reached the 12,000-volt equipment that it shorted out on Tuesday night, Public Utilities deputy director Steve Badgett said.

``We found him. What was left of him,'' Badgett said.

The rat made it to the live wires despite traps and rat poison placed in the substation, he said.

Some 1,100 customers went without power until early Wednesday morning.

Badgett said he braced for the worst when he realized that residents lost their power just as the semifinalists of ``American Idol'' were to perform on television.
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• Originally posted by Snk16
                    I'm having McPheever withdrawal. One thing I will say about Taylor, no matter how much I think he sucks, was that he was classy about the whole thing at the end.

I hope Kat sells more. Woo

...Except when Seacrest handed him the mike and all he could think of was to yell

SOOOOOOOOOOOUL PATROOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!

(I sure am glad I'm - knock on wood - never going to have to listen to that phrase again in my life.)

Kat, on the other hand, had a refined and gracious comment. She will be the most successful runner-up Idol has had yet.
                    (That's right, much as I love him, I see her giving Clay a run for his money.)

sigpic
                    Best of luck, TT!

Comment

• IMO kat sounds like one of those fabricated record company pop stars like christina aguilera or britney spears.
                      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

• Originally posted by tpryce93
                        IMO kat sounds like one of those fabricated record company pop stars like christina aguilera or britney spears.
                        She can't be fabricated if she got through the judging round...they don't use mixers or anything in the auditions...

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

• well I think they will appeal to different Genres. After 5 editions though I don't think either will sell as many as past winners and runners up.

Kelly - knock'n 'em dead
                          Justin - Missing in action
                          Rueben - Has anyone seen him lately besides on a milk carton
                          Clay - Has the Claymate follwing, doing ok for himself
                          Fantasia - Made a small splash
                          Diana Degarmo - Missing in action also
                          Carrie Underwood - Off to a good start
                          Bo Bice - Haven't heard him get much airplay

So that leaves us with Taylor & Kat... and seeing what kind of album they put out.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway
                            well I think they will appeal to different Genres. After 5 editions though I don't think either will sell as many as past winners and runners up.

Kelly - knock'n 'em dead
                            Justin - Missing in action
                            Rueben - Has anyone seen him lately besides on a milk carton
                            Clay - Has the Claymate follwing, doing ok for himself
                            Fantasia - Made a small splash
                            Diana Degarmo - Missing in action also
                            Carrie Underwood - Off to a good start
                            Bo Bice - Haven't heard him get much airplay

So that leaves us with Taylor & Kat... and seeing what kind of album they put out.

Let alone the upcoming album under Clive Davis...

with all the offers Kat has been getting already, she's shaping up to become the most successful runner-up - if not Idol participant, finalist, winner, etc. - ever. And I can hardly wait!

sigpic
                            Best of luck, TT!

Comment

• Almost 10 years since anyone's posted here?

Anyone watching this year?

We took a break from it for the last few years, but decided to watch again this year with it being the final season and all.

Plus, the "off-the-grid-girl", Jeneve Rose Mitchell, is a neighbor of mine. Well, not really. She lives about 25 miles from here (but a 1+ hour drive), so I suppose that's close enough. Definitely close enough to where we both would consider each other "locals".

I'm rooting for her, and though she's obviously very talented, I don't give her much of a shot of winning it. Still, a great experience and launching point for her and the others though.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Haven't watched idol in 13-14 years I think.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X