They sold out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invesco
    Yeah..Linkin Park is awesomely cool. I like most of the songs on Hybrid, and some on Meteora.

same here
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent rebuttal Jared.

Journey was a total sell out. Steve Perry's "voice problems" was such a farce. He went on to make a successful solo album. That band screwed up BIG TIME by splitting. They had the world by the throat and I for one loved their music but DAM IT!

The Babies. Your best example. That band was AWESOME IMO! And when John Waite split them it ALWAYS bothered me. I loved the Union Jack album and still play it occasionally.

But the big one for me is Garth Brooks. I am a HUGE country fan and Garth fan but.... Retire? Say What? What a bunch of CRAP! He took us for a major country ride and then left us haning with his millions. Tours that would not end. Tours that knocked us out. Left us begging for more and then SLAM. The door shut without warning.

He divorced his wife, left his kids guessing and met up with Trisha Yearwood then dissappeared. This guy is my most SOLD OUT player.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

C'mon, Death Cab For Cutie, anyone? Signing with Atlantic? And all the things that came after that? Yeah, when the pride of independent music does that, that's selling out.
        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
          C'mon, Death Cab For Cutie, anyone? Signing with Atlantic? And all the things that came after that? Yeah, when the pride of independent music does that, that's selling out.
          what came after atlantic. who cares if they signed with a big label as long as they don't completely change there style of music to sell records then they haven't sold out they just wanted to make money but to make money by changing your style of music is selling out.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
            what came after atlantic. who cares if they signed with a big label as long as they don't completely change there style of music to sell records then they haven't sold out they just wanted to make money but to make money by changing your style of music is selling out.
            It wasn't just that they signed with Atlantic, but that one member (Walla, I believe) said they'd never leave their independent label, Barsuk. They didn't change their style of music, per se, but on their Atlantic debut they basically churned out a bunch of songs that were disappointing, and written to meet Atlantic's demand for an album. All but two songs are either space fillers or just poor songs in general.

But what else did they do? They appeared on The O.C., they put out an MTV music video, and they've changed their lyric-writing in favor of their mainstream audience. Each of these things I'm posting, individually, doesn't seem that significant. But take into account all of these things culminating with their terrible album Plans, and it's obvious. This band has abandoned its musical and philosophical roots in favor of publicity. And that's what I, and many others, have a problem with.
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
              It wasn't just that they signed with Atlantic, but that one member (Walla, I believe) said they'd never leave their independent label, Barsuk. They didn't change their style of music, per se, but on their Atlantic debut they basically churned out a bunch of songs that were disappointing, and written to meet Atlantic's demand for an album. All but two songs are either space fillers or just poor songs in general.

But what else did they do? They appeared on The O.C., they put out an MTV music video, and they've changed their lyric-writing in favor of their mainstream audience. Each of these things I'm posting, individually, doesn't seem that significant. But take into account all of these things culminating with their terrible album Plans, and it's obvious. This band has abandoned its musical and philosophical roots in favor of publicity. And that's what I, and many others, have a problem with.
              same with papa roach. i used to like them because they had there own style there own attitude they were unique. now there like every other band out there where all there lyrics are about is make-up break-up emo bullcrap.

I like Mudvayne because they do what they want. they don't care what Epic tells them to do they do what they want and they don't change for anybody but themselves.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
              X