The official rock thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official rock thread

This is the rival to the hippity-hop thread. discuss all rock and only rock here. everything including:
    metal
    hardcore
    just good 'ol rock 'n roll
    the classics (acdc pink floyd etc.)
    guitarists
    and i can't believe i'm saying this but Emo as well.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Originally posted by tpryce93
    Emo as well.
    ahhhhhhhhhh no no no no no no no emo. get some jeans that fit dammit!!!!!!!!!

Iron maiden, up the irons baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeekandDestroy
      ahhhhhhhhhh no no no no no no no emo. get some jeans that fit dammit!!!!!!!!!

Iron maiden, up the irons baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
      eh iron maiden's all right there's just something about them i don't like
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Rap/Hip Hop Thread < This Thread

Comment

System of a Down rocks

So does Disturbed

I like Emo stuff too

I dont really get all into the lyrics I just like the music
          sigpic
          DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Poison/Cinderella 20th Anniversary tour this summer. Poison puts on a great show and Cinderalla is probably the most talented band I have ever seen and they have a deep catalog as well.

I was also looking forward to seeing Motorhead this winter, but they didn't come anywhere near the Midwest.

Great idea for a thread!
            "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco
              I'm looking forward to the Poison/Cinderella 20th Anniversary tour this summer. Poison puts on a great show and Cinderalla is probably the most talented band I have ever seen and they have a deep catalog as well.
              I had met and became friends with Rikki Rocket the drummer of Poison. He flies hobby rockets and we produced them at AeroTech. I remember an exciting moment with him. He sat in my car and put a demo tape into the player for my friends and I to listen too just outside of Las Vegas at a dry lake bed. That was such a great day and we felt so special to be the only ones to ever hear that song. I can't even recall the name of it. It was a fantastic song expected to be their first single off the new album that never happend.

Anyway, the band was so fed up with CC and he had mentioned that they may try to regroup someday. They did regroup and they toured with RATT the last time I saw them at the Hard Rock in Vegas on June 19th 1998 and CC was still being weird. I have not seen Rikki for quite some time and lost track. He is a really nice guy.

Anyway, Poison was a fantastic show and a fun band to see live. And Cinderella definately is a great one as well. What a tour this will be. Are they doing arenas? I would think so but "80's" bands are not that big a draw any more or am I wrong?

But to the nature of the thread about rock bands. I must say that my ultimate and all time favorite rock band of all time has to be AC/DC. Talk about a concert. Deaf for days afterwards. And even after Bon Scott died, Brian Johnson took over the frontman position with no apparent interruption of the band's momentum.

AC/DC ROCKS!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
                System of a Down rocks

So does Disturbed

I like Emo stuff too

I dont really get all into the lyrics I just like the music
                I don't like SOAD. it's there lead singer who just annoys me. It's like he's trying to be goth or something. and it sounds like just a bunch fake emotion in his vocals. it sounds like he can't get into the music. however there guitars and stuff rule. disturbed rules to. i don't like emo.
                the space that is mine

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69

Anyway, Poison was a fantastic show and a fun band to see live. And Cinderella definately is a great one as well. What a tour this will be. Are they doing arenas? I would think so but "80's" bands are not that big a draw any more or am I wrong?

But to the nature of the thread about rock bands. I must say that my ultimate and all time favorite rock band of all time has to be AC/DC. Talk about a concert. Deaf for days afterwards. And even after Bon Scott died, Brian Johnson took over the frontman position with no apparent interruption of the band's momentum.

AC/DC ROCKS!

AC/DC is coming to germany! Im gonna try to get tickets for it. my friends and I would LOVE to go see them, We just hope we can afford it.
                  anyone here listen to the old-time stuff? (foreigner, cream, paul mcartney and the wings)?

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

So far, rock/metal album of the year? Mine's got to be 10,000 fists by Disturbed.

Unbelievably good album. Anyone else heard it?
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Nirvana was my fave now days I have to go with The White Stripes

Comment

Creed is favorire rock band but since there no longer together I like nickelback.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

I'm believe it will be smaller arenas and amphitheaters. Poison has toured several times over the last few years. I saw them at Fiddlers Green in Denver in 2003 and it was nearly full(easily 15,000 plus). Cinderella toured last year with Ratt, Firehouse and Quiet Riot and regularly played in front of several thousand.
                          I think Poison and Cinderella together can easily play in front of 5k to 10k a night. Which is not bad for two bands who can't get on TV or the Radio anymore.

Cool story about Rikki Rocket by the way.
                          "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                            So far, rock/metal album of the year? Mine's got to be 10,000 fists by Disturbed.

The rock album of the year to me, and obviously the British music press, is the Arctic Monkeys debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.

I've heard the Disturbed album. It's pretty good, but it don't think it was especially outstanding or anything.
                            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

you mean as in 2006 or 2005. 05 i'm imbetween Mafia by BLS and Lost and found by mudvayne.
                              the space that is mine

Comment

Working...
                              X