Star Trek Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Thread

I am a HUGE Trekkie and after watching Nemesis last night it sparked me to start a Star Trek thread for any other Trekkies in this quadrant.

After being a fan of all the television series: Star Trek, New Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager I just can't get enough. I did not fall for the Enterprise series because it took us back to the beginning rather than move forward. I have watched it but it didn't "hook" me as much as the others.

We have all 9 movies and watching Nemesis last night got me itching for yet another one. What I would like to see in a next movie is a joint effort of the New Generation crew along with the Voyager crew. Perhaps bring one of the Delta Quadrant episodes back into play. I was sorta mad that Voyager made it back. LOL. I really got into that series.

It was a bummer they killed off Data in Nemesis but his "memory dowload" was successful into B4 and they left that hanging at the end. The character could redevelop. I also liked the fact we saw Janeway, who is now an Admiral in a brief scene.

Nemesis is now 4 years old this year and it is time for us Trekkies to get another fix.

Are there any other Star Trek fans out there? I would love to discuss any subject with you.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

All right.

I love Star Trek.

But what's this "New Generation"?? Never heard of it.

My favorite has always been the Next Generation and I used to dislike Deep Space Nine for being too political, but when I watch it again, I think the story line is a lot deeper. It also improved as it went along.

The same goes for Voyager. Early on, I wasn't a huge fan, but it got intresting when the Borg was more of a factor and it grew on me. But maybe it was just seven.

I wasn't a huge fan of the original series, but then I wasn't alive when they were first on.

I like Enterprise, but I keep expecting the captain to leap into a new body.

And I haven't really seen many, but in the last couple that I saw they werre making the Vulcan woman more than just sexually attractive. They also made her fall in love with some guy and become too emotional. It just wasn't right and also was way too soap opera-ish.

I will watch Enterprise if it comes on when I am watching TV, but I just can't bring myself to seek it out.

Anyway, good thread.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
      All right.

I love Star Trek.

But what's this "New Generation"?? Never heard of it.

My favorite has always been the Next Generation and I used to dislike Deep Space Nine for being too political, but when I watch it again, I think the story line is a lot deeper. It also improved as it went along.

The same goes for Voyager. Early on, I wasn't a huge fan, but it got intresting when the Borg was more of a factor and it grew on me. But maybe it was just seven.

I wasn't a huge fan of the original series, but then I wasn't alive when they were first on.

I like Enterprise, but I keep expecting the captain to leap into a new body.

And I haven't really seen many, but in the last couple that I saw they werre making the Vulcan woman more than just sexually attractive. They also made her fall in love with some guy and become too emotional. It just wasn't right and also was way too soap opera-ish.

I will watch Enterprise if it comes on when I am watching TV, but I just can't bring myself to seek it out.

Anyway, good thread.
      LOL. Next not new. I should have caught myself on that one.

What did you think about the movies?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
        LOL. Next not new. I should have caught myself on that one.

What did you think about the movies?
        I love Star Trek, it's been a massive part of my life for years, including some massive movie sessions..........

Personally, The Wrath Of Khan's my favourite movie, a proper villain (Ricardo Montalban), some great action, excellent score & effects......just about perfect

And a young, slim Kirstie Alley..............with EARS
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

The Wrath of Kahn was alot of people's fav. I liked VI The Undiscovered Country. Generations was a great tie in of both crews. Nemesis was cool too with it's story line.

I like them all really and have gone on massive movie sessions myself.

The other night I did the last three. First Contact (I liked Lilly), Insurrection and then Nemesis.

sigpic

Comment

Couple of things that may interest you, and finally kill star trek forever. The next movie is being written, It is actually a prequal to Enterprise set around the time of Humans and Vulcans meeting for the first time and the development of space travel. As far as I am concerned Berman and Bragger have ruined star trek beyond belief. Nemesis is my personal favourate from a storyline perspective its ties in massivly with the series and in places deals with some big philisophical questions. Most people dont get that side of it and tend to find the movie rather dull. I loved First Contact, by far the best of the next generations movies from the standpoint of a good sit down relax and watch movie. Generations, was a huge crap up, Picard and Kirk together on screen, what everyone wanted, had huge potential. Wasted. Plus they actually went off the original script by having Picard there when Kirk died. In a previous movie they had Kirk telling Spock and Bones, he knew he would die alone. They could have had that worked into the script perfectly, and still had Picard buiring him at the end.
            Voyager was supposed to end in a movie, simple fact was, nobody was interested outside the shows core fans, I never really liked it and the end was rushed, you could tell it had come to an end and they just wanted it done with. The cast and crew just weren't big enough names to sell a movie. You put the name Enterprise on a ship and it will sell seats regardless. I really want to see one more Next generation movie, the storyline is there. Data's return and more importantly this new peace treaty with the Romulans, quite clearly from past history you cant expect it to just go smoothly. Add in the fact the Enterprise was upgraded again to deal with the possible threat of a second Scimitar ship, the new Klingon ships and of course those cool but rather pathetic new warbirds. It just begs a huge all out battlescene
            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

"taH pagh, taH be?"

The Wrath of Kahn was alot of people's fav. I liked VI The Undiscovered Country. Generations was a great tie in of both crews. Nemesis was cool too with it's story line.

I like them all really and have gone on massive movie sessions myself.

The other night I did the last three. First Contact (I liked Lilly), Insurrection and then Nemesis.
              Chancellor Gorkon: You haven't heard Shakespeare until you've heard it in the original Klingon.
              ST VI is another corker as well, probably no coincidence with Nick Meyer at the helm............other than Chris Plummer, who else could get away with quoting Shakespeare in Klingon?

I was a little disappointed with Generations...........all the elements were there but it didn't quite work for me.

IMO, First Contact is my favourite of the Next Gen movies..........you can't go wrong with the Borg. I also quite like the Alternate Universe/Enterprise episode that started with Zephram Cochrane gunning down the Vulcans............as a certain Vulcan may say, fascinating.

One disappointment for me is that they've never gotten Q into any of the movies..........John de Lancie was hilarious in the role and would have made a great counter-point for a film.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19

One disappointment for me is that they've never gotten Q into any of the movies..........John de Lancie was hilarious in the role and would have made a great counter-point for a film.
                That is an excellent idea. I would also like to see a continuation of the DS9 series. I think it ended well but would make a great storyline for a movie.

Comment

I am a HUGE Trekkie and after watching Nemesis last night it sparked me to start a Star Trek thread for any other Trekkies in this quadrant.

After being a fan of all the television series: Star Trek, New Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager I just can't get enough. I did not fall for the Enterprise series because it took us back to the beginning rather than move forward. I have watched it but it didn't "hook" me as much as the others.

We have all 9 movies and watching Nemesis last night got me itching for yet another one. What I would like to see in a next movie is a joint effort of the New Generation crew along with the Voyager crew. Perhaps bring one of the Delta Quadrant episodes back into play. I was sorta mad that Voyager made it back. LOL. I really got into that series.

It was a bummer they killed off Data in Nemesis but his "memory dowload" was successful into B4 and they left that hanging at the end. The character could redevelop. I also liked the fact we saw Janeway, who is now an Admiral in a brief scene.

Nemesis is now 4 years old this year and it is time for us Trekkies to get another fix.

Are there any other Star Trek fans out there? I would love to discuss any subject with you.

I thought Nemesis was OK. It was a good story but poorly executed. I think they should have left the B4 storyline out. Data/Picard get too much screentime as usual. I realize they're the biggest starts but it really seemed like they phazed out a few charachters. It was obvious that John Logan didn't have anything interesting for Riker to do except get in a super cheesy fight with a Reman. It is quite a beautifull movie to watch on DVD though. If you have a good setup, this is one of the best video reference DVD's you can get.

I'd like to see a Deep Space Nine movie. That was my favorite of the series. They could bring the Dominion War back and include many cameo's from TNG and Voyager.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    I thought Nemesis was OK. It was a good story but poorly executed. I think they should have left the B4 storyline out. Data/Picard get too much screentime as usual. I realize they're the biggest starts but it really seemed like they phazed out a few charachters. It was obvious that John Logan didn't have anything interesting for Riker to do except get in a super cheesy fight with a Reman. It is quite a beautifull movie to watch on DVD though. If you have a good setup, this is one of the best video reference DVD's you can get.

I'd like to see a Deep Space Nine movie. That was my favorite of the series. They could bring the Dominion War back and include many cameo's from TNG and Voyager.
                    The political intrigue that made DS9 so interesting would make for a great series of movies if done properly. However, you'd NEED to have those cameos from TNG at least to get people interested. The fact that there hasn't really been Star Trek on mainstream TV in a while might hurt it.

But I'd watch it.
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                      The political intrigue that made DS9 so interesting would make for a great series of movies if done properly. However, you'd NEED to have those cameos from TNG at least to get people interested. The fact that there hasn't really been Star Trek on mainstream TV in a while might hurt it.

But I'd watch it.

Yeah, I thought DS9 was the best ST series by far.

The first 2 seasons were kinda weak but as soon as TNG ended, DS9 really took off. Of course I've always kind of liked arc driven shows over episodics. They both have their strengths with arc driving shows building better story lines and charcters development and episodics having more freedom and flexibilty. DS9 seemed to have a good blend of both.

If DS9 were to come back, a miniseries would probably be the best format for it.

Comment

Yeah, I thought DS9 was the best ST series by far.

The first 2 seasons were kinda weak but as soon as TNG ended, DS9 really took off. Of course I've always kind of liked arc driven shows over episodics. They both have their strengths with arc driving shows building better story lines and charcters development and episodics having more freedom and flexibilty. DS9 seemed to have a good blend of both.

If DS9 were to come back, a miniseries would probably be the best format for it.
                        What would really be great is if one of the premium channels like HBO or Showtime came along and bought the Star Trek license and then began producing movie quality Star Trek shows on the same level of quality as say, the Sopranos or 6 Feet Under? Can you imagine how many Trekkies would immediately buy the premiums (that didn't have them already) just to watch?

I think I might be on to something there. If only I was nerdy enough to actually write Star Trek.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                          What would really be great is if one of the premium channels like HBO or Showtime came along and bought the Star Trek license and then began producing movie quality Star Trek shows on the same level of quality as say, the Sopranos or 6 Feet Under? Can you imagine how many Trekkies would immediately buy the premiums (that didn't have them already) just to watch?

I think I might be on to something there. If only I was nerdy enough to actually write Star Trek.

Yeah, that would be nice.

I think the new Battlestar Galactica is written on par with those shows right now.

Ron Moore (TNG, DS9, Generations, First Contact) is creator of the show and he's brought tremendous quality to the product. Trek hasn't had a show this good since DS9.

Comment

Yeah, that would be nice.

I think the new Battlestar Galactica is written on par with those shows right now.

Ron Moore (TNG, DS9, Generations, First Contact) is creator of the show and he's brought tremendous quality to the product. Trek hasn't had a show this good since DS9.
                            Man, Battlestar... I keep meaning to get into that series, but I just can't find the time.

I hear it's good, though. Between that and Firefly, I'm starting to develop this geeky kind of guilt.
                            HEAR ME ROAR!
                            sigpic

Comment

What's your favorite episode from all the Treks? Also, which one is your favorite overall?

Here's mine.

TOS: City on the Edge of Forever (Favorite overall)

TNG: The Inner Light

DS9: Duet

VOY: Deathwish

ENT: Cogenitor

Comment

Working...
                              X