Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangePeel
    aww cmon thats a pretty broad statement
    alot of modern bands have proven that the US has some shred of originality.
    The killers come to mind, as a few others but i dont have the time to list all of them.
    That being said, the British really have the most original entertainment in the world, from tv sitcoms, to music, to movies, our friends from across the pond keep making magic.

Favorite UK bands out right now: Bloc Party, franz ferdinand (evne though their scottish), and the artic monkeys.

I love the Killers cd, bu come on, it's not original at all.

When I first heard "Somebody Told Me", I was like..."man, that is retro cool." It's Duran Duran, New Order, and Gary Neuman all thrown together.

It's orginal only because they are the first true American new romantic band. 25 years after the original movement.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

I predominantly listen to the music from across the Atlantic, so to me, this is not a matter of American bias. Now, the U.K. has put out a lot of great bands over the past 15 years like Radiohead; Blur; The Strokes; Muse; The Libertines; and currently Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Babyshambles, Kaiser Chiefs, and Arctic Monkeys.

Oasis is not one of these great bands, even though they were the most popular Britpop band. I just can't, despite my curiosity, figure out why they were (and still are) so damn popular. I'm sure it had more than a little to do with their off-stage conflicts, which added to intrigue. But still, their lyrics make no sense and the music itself isn't really that good to begin with.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
        I predominantly listen to the music from across the Atlantic, so to me, this is not a matter of American bias. Now, the U.K. has put out a lot of great bands over the past 15 years like Radiohead; Blur; The Strokes; Muse; The Libertines; and currently Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Babyshambles, Kaiser Chiefs, and Arctic Monkeys.

Aren't The Strokes from NYC?

I forgot about Radiohead. Not my cup of tea, but those are brilliant records.

I did like the second one though, with "High And Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees".

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          Aren't The Strokes from NYC?

I forgot about Radiohead. Not my cup of tea, but those are brilliant records.

I did like the second one though, with "High And Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees".
          Yeah, they are, my bad.

And those are definitely my two favorite Radiohead songs as well. I always liked The Bends more than OK Computer.
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
            Yeah, they are, my bad.

And those are definitely my two favorite Radiohead songs as well. I always liked The Bends more than OK Computer.
            I think OK Computer is a great cd..it's just one of those cds you have to listen to a few times.

The Strokes and Interpol, both from nyc, are two of my personal favorites.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
            X