Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Bands Should Be Elected Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Bands Should Be Elected Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Well, which ones?

Motorhead....
    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

1. rolling stones
      2.beatles
      3. ac/dc
      4. areosmith
      5. led zeplen
      6. CCR
      7.pink floyd
      8. cars
      9. eagles
      10.forienger
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Most of those bands already are.

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
          Most of those bands already are.

damm im good!!
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

The Wiggles

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
              Well, which ones?
              N.W.A oh wait, punk rock? wtf is that

Comment

what does N.W.A have to do with the Rock and Roll hall of fame? and i dont think anyone has mentioned punk rock except you

im pretty happy with the choices they made this year, the sex pistols, blondie, black sabbath, lynyrd skynrd, miles davis, etc..

I've always felt that Rush should be in it, and theyve been a long time coming, and should be recognized as having one of the best rhytm sections of all time with geddy lee and neil peart (arguably the best drummer and best bassist of all time).

Stevie Ray Vaughn, one of the top 10 guitarists of all time is no where to be found on their inductee list, also producer Rick Rubin deserves some merit, as do Nirvana.
                Blet

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
                  what does N.W.A have to do with the Rock and Roll hall of fame? and i dont think anyone has mentioned punk rock except you

im pretty happy with the choices they made this year, the sex pistols, blondie, black sabbath, lynyrd skynrd, miles davis, etc..

I've always felt that Rush should be in it, and theyve been a long time coming, and should be recognized as having one of the best rhytm sections of all time with geddy lee and neil peart (arguably the best drummer and best bassist of all time).

Stevie Ray Vaughn, one of the top 10 guitarists of all time is no where to be found on their inductee list, also producer Rick Rubin deserves some merit, as do Nirvana.
                  I think the criteria is that you need to have been around for at least 25 years. So nirvana and nwa are nearing the eligibility. Rap will start getting in there soon. I'm just waiting for bands like Motley Crue and Guns and Roses to get their turn. That will officially make me old.

Comment

I think after they Wylde retires and BLS ends i think BLS should get in there. there one of the very few bands that are still carrying on the tradition of kick ass metal. In the future i see maybe Mudvayne getting in there. Papa Roach just because of Last Resort. Last resort (along with a few other songs by Korn and few other bands) is the pioneer song that set the tone for rock today. that song alone catipulted Infest to a quadriple platinum record.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

The Dirty Nitty Gritty
                      Steve Miller Band(Not sure if they are there yet)
                      Moody Blues
                      ZZ Top

And after a while, System of a Down.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Rush
                        KISS
                        Soundgarden
                        RUN DMC
                        Bad Religion
                        XTC
                        Van Halen
                        Robert John "Mutt" Lange
                        Def Leppard
                        SRV & Double Trouble
                        Thin Lizzy
                        Nirvana

Off the top ofmy head, these bands should all be in or get in someday. In addition to the 25 year thing, you have to be influential. I think all of these bands, or good or bad, influences a lot of what came after them in their specific sub-genres. In the case of Mutt, he has produced more mega selling albums than any other producer (Pyromania, Hysteria, Back In Black, Waking Up The Nieghbors, all of Shania Twain's records, Heartbeat City, one of the Backstreet Boys records). And, he actually influenced the way rock albums are recorded now.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

ZZ Top is in there.

SOAD will make it one of these days.

Rush should be one of next years new inductees.

Comment

Working...
                          X