Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Country Music Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'll admit.. I maybe didn't get to see all of Billy Currington, but what I did hear was pretty good. Overall, CITP was a GREAT time!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Anyone watch the CMA Music Festival last night?

      I'lla dmit, I am a HUGE ZBB fan. Seeing them do Dead Or Alive with Richie Sambora? That was amazing!!!!!

      Overall.. I really enjoyed staying up those three hours for that. My only curiosity is who they used to close the show. Darius?? ZBB, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Miranda, Brad Paisley... I don't see why Darius closed it.

      My saturday; Country In The Park.
      Agree on both bolded. ZBB and Sambora. Awesome.

      They could have picked almost anyone else and it would have been better.

      Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I'll admit.. I maybe didn't get to see all of Billy Currington, but what I did hear was pretty good. Overall, CITP was a GREAT time!!!
      Glad you had a great time.
      Administrator
      sigpic

      #LupusAwareness

      #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Agree on both bolded. ZBB and Sambora. Awesome.

        They could have picked almost anyone else and it would have been better.



        Glad you had a great time.
        Dont get me wrong.. I do like some of Darius' music.. but not closing that out. There was too much HUGE star power there. Anywho....

        ... October 4th there is another country fest with Big & Rich closing... not too thrilled with the lineup, but a $22 ticket and the chance to meet lots more "friends"?? Puh-lease!!!
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • For the last year or so I've been re-exploring my country roots and learning to sing and play some of the old classics.

          ...and a while back I happened to stumble upon a man named Sturgill Simpson.

          If you're a fan of the old greats like George Jones, Hank, Merle, Waylon, Willie, Cash, etc. AND/OR have become discouraged with the pop infused country music of today then you seriously need to check Sturgill Simpson out.... SERIOUSLY!!!

          He's a throwback, but somehow raw and fresh at the same time. I'm a little hesitant to post a video because his subject matter and lyrics can be of a "mature" nature, but I just feel like I need to do my part in spreading the word.

          Enjoy!

          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • Several years ago my wife put together an "Under the Covers" playlist with some of her favorite songs (done by people other than the original artists, of course). She always liked Townes Van Zandt's "Pancho & Lefty" and claimed to have found the perfect cover of it done by a guy named Jason Isbell. She told me about him, but I didn't pay much attention. Years ago we even went to a Drive By Truckers show (his former band) and they were good, but nothing really grabbed me. Recently, she reminded me again that I need to spend some time listening to this guy.

            Well, I took her advice and I'm seriously impressed. He's a helluva songwriter and musician.

            Anyone here a fan?

            Winter is Coming!

            Comment


            • Bumped into these guys recently...this brings me home to that old country feel. I can't understand how artists like this are not making a splash in the country scene.

              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                For the last year or so I've been re-exploring my country roots and learning to sing and play some of the old classics.

                ...and a while back I happened to stumble upon a man named Sturgill Simpson.

                If you're a fan of the old greats like George Jones, Hank, Merle, Waylon, Willie, Cash, etc. AND/OR have become discouraged with the pop infused country music of today then you seriously need to check Sturgill Simpson out.... SERIOUSLY!!!

                He's a throwback, but somehow raw and fresh at the same time. I'm a little hesitant to post a video because his subject matter and lyrics can be of a "mature" nature, but I just feel like I need to do my part in spreading the word.

                Enjoy!

                Right there, he looks like Plummer.

                I've been enjoying the prerealease songs off ZBB's upcoming album.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment

                Working...
                X