• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the Passion Of The Christ" Review

What did you all think?
    NO STARS----It was really bad, filmmaking at its worst
    0.00%
    *----- Bad movie, cheap cinematography, weak plot, poor acting, weak direction
    0.00%
    **---- Fair, not good, but worth a look on a late Friday night when you're blind date turns out to be a 225 pound blonde ***** who likes Little Ceasar's!
    6.67%
    ***------- It's Good, but its no Masterpiece by any means, the acting was okay, and sometimes the acting was better than the movie itself
    6.67%
    ****----- Very Good, its definitely a movie that most people will enjoy.
    26.67%
    *****-----Excellent, I'd own it on DVD, its a Masterpiece!
    13.33%
    NO OPINION
    46.67%
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Passion

Very powerful movie!!! I was wondering , where is the attack on the Jews , by the Christians we were warned about ? Hollywood
    & the liberial media have a lot to learn about God's love... I don't
    think they ever will learn . You are either for him, or against him,
    [the true & living GOD] Hollywood hate mongers have chosen their ''god'' [$$$] ...BTY I thought they [liberials] were the party
    of inclusion & tolerence , everbody except Christians it seems.
    It is my honor to serve him

Comment

Excellent movie i have already seen it twice. I took my 11 year old to see it, he loved it, i cant wait till it comes to DVD so i can show it to my 6 and 7 year old. Kind of makes you think, DHALL did you see it.
      >>"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be
      happy."

>>~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

saw it. liked it alot except for a few small points.
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Mattos, i was just wondering if you would mind telling me what you didnt like about it, i liked the whole thing and im interested in knowing how other people seen it.
          happy."

>>~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Cara_Bella
            Mattos, i was just wondering if you would mind telling me what you didnt like about it, i liked the whole thing and im interested in knowing how other people seen it.
            well, i didn't care for 2 things:
            i didn't like the way satan was presented. my understanding is that the Bible says he is beautiful to look at, seeing as he was formerly the highest angel.
            and i didn't like the way peter denied Christ inside in the crowd. as i remember it, and maybe this is the just the picture i have in my head, peter was outside standing by a fire at the time.
            one other thing i didn't care for was the bird plucking at the guy's eye. i know that some things had to be added in to make a movie, but that was such a prominent part of the movie that people might think it was part of the Biblical account.
            that being said, i hope it doesn't sound like i disliked the movie. i think its great and highly recommend it.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk

Comment

Thanks Mattos, knowing that there are some things you didnt like wouldnt make me think you didnt like it. just a question did you see any of the interviews with Mel Gibson. He explained why he potrayed satan the way he did, and the reason for the bird plucking that guys eye out. But as far as peter im not sure, i would like to go back to the bible and read that part. Thanks for writing back, like i said its interesting to hear other peoples thoughts.
              happy."

>>~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The "taller table" making struck me as out of place...
                ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

Originally posted by palehorse
                  The "taller table" making struck me as out of place...
                  i didn't think about it at the time, but yea that was a bit odd.

cara_bella: nope, i haven't seen those interviews. wish i had.
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk

Comment

my wife wrote a paper on the movie, I will try to find it and post it on here. It was a brilliant paper, and I'm not being bias (well maybe a little bit).
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Rascal i would love to see her report i hope you find it.
                      happy."

>>~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yes I saw the movie, No, I did not think it was moviemaking at its greatest, but I have to say it was a great experience. It's not an Oscar contender but it is a film I think everyone should see at least once. Out of five stars I give it: *** 1/2
                        [QUOTE]
                        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
                          It's not an Oscar contender but it is a film I think everyone should see at least once. Out of five stars I give it: *** 1/2
                          about the oscars. i think it should be a serious contender for something like a cinematography type award. i mean, the filming itself was really good. as far as the other oscars go, personally i think it is as good a movie as others that have won (titanic and english patient come to mind) and definately as good as movies that have been nominated. that being said, i seriously doubt it will get any nods from the hollywood elite. it was pretty clear that they thought about it.
                          sigpic
                          go broncos
                          share the sidewalk

Comment

That movie really made me love and respect him more for what he went thru.
                            The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Welp for some reason my brother's computer won't let me vote on the poll but I don't think any of the choices really stood out. But I think that's just dhall's way of thinking. I'd still give it 5 stars.

The 4th star option was the one I had trouble with....I don't think anyone should enjoy the movie. They can like the movie but my pastor put it the best, I think. Would any of you enjoy watching someone you really really loved (say a spouse or child, etc) go through the torture that He did? I wouldn't...

Anyway...Mattos, I thought I'd touch on the things you felt were out of place in the movie. I really liked the way Satan was depicted. You're right, he is suppose to be "beautiful" etc, after all, he was an angel...I think Mel has portrayed him better than anyone. He did have this "innocent" look to him and a sort of "comforting" way about him, and I think that's what Mel was going for. That's what Satan does, he'll act as comforter or masquerade as an angel of light to get his way. But I also think he had the definite evil side about him that was really creepy.

As for Peter, right again Mattos. He was outside at a fire...for ONE of his denials...He moved around (perhaps not much) but he did move around, and he was questioned by three different people. But yeah, I'm not sure if he was ever inside or not...oh well...minor details right?

The crow...true it's not in the Bible, but I think Mel just added it to show that those kinds of things actually happened to those who were crucified. They went through all sorts of horrors while they suffered, and birds were one of them.

All in all, I don't think any of the things that Mel decided to add on his own take away from the true meaning of the story. He did such a wonderful job portraying it accurately that the other stuff, to me actually added to the whole experience. Plus I was focused on Christ and not all the other stuff.

I hope I don't sound all...uh...preachy or anything. Just thought I'd comment and say/ or just agree with you guys that it's a movie that everyone should see.
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X