Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about a heck of a bump.

I was 22 at the time.. when Morrowind was out I felt the same way.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Talk about a heck of a bump.

I was 22 at the time.. when Morrowind was out I felt the same way.
      Just bought the game, didn't want to start a new thread if there was already one.

So I put Oblivion in the search box, this is what I got.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Just bought the game, didn't want to start a new thread if there was already one.

So I put Oblivion in the search box, this is what I got.
        Game of the Year Edition is the best.

Once you hit level 20 go to the Shivering Isles.

That place made the game even better
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          From 2006?

It'd be hard to name a game from 2006, I didn't start playing RPG's until Mass Effect 1 came out in 07.

If you want to count games in between 06-08 or 09; then Mass Effect 1, Fable II, Dragon Age Origins, Diablo II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Borderlands.
          Bethesda games in general are in a group of their own when it comes to the RPG genre. It's like comparing FIFA to Madden. Yes, both are sports games but are vastly different.

Mass Effect 1 and New Vegas don't offer anywhere close to the same experience. Borderlands plays more like a FPS than an RPG. Fable, Diablo, DA, and KOTOR (great games) are also a whole different experience entirely than something in a Bethesda RPG.

I do think Fallout 3 and Oblivion are immensely overrated. I found New Vegas superior to both even though every reviewer under the sun says otherwise. Return it. The worse thing you can do is force yourself to play a game you aren't interested in, esp. sfter 9 hrs.

BioWare RPGs and some of the more linear action packed RPGs seem like your preference. Try out the upcoming Dragon's Dogma (demo came out today). It's open world but not to the extent of a Bethesda game. There's a lot more to do and more things happening at once. The combat is fast paced with tons of action and you get to customize your character from scratch (including height and weight) and more. It actually looks more impressive than anything Bethesda has put out thus far IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            Bethesda games in general are in a group of their own when it comes to the RPG genre. It's like comparing FIFA to Madden. Yes, both are sports games but are vastly different.

Mass Effect 1 and New Vegas don't offer anywhere close to the same experience. Borderlands plays more like a FPS than an RPG. Fable, Diablo, DA, and KOTOR (great games) are also a whole different experience entirely than something in a Bethesda RPG.

I do think Fallout 3 and Oblivion are immensely overrated. I found New Vegas superior to both even though every reviewer under the sun says otherwise. Return it. The worse thing you can do is force yourself to play a game you aren't interested in, esp. sfter 9 hrs.

BioWare RPGs and some of the more linear action packed RPGs seem like your preference. Try out the upcoming Dragon's Dogma (demo came out today). It's open world but not to the extent of a Bethesda game. There's a lot more to do and more things happening at once. The combat is fast paced with tons of action and you get to customize your character from scratch (including height and weight) and more. It actually looks more impressive than anything Bethesda has put out thus far IMO.
            Me and my friend played the demo overnight. It's pretty good, a little unexpected. The customization is very good, the graphics really good, the gameplay is good. Still probably not a first day buy, but I will pick it up.

My friend however is in love with the game, dude said the demo made him wanna wipe his (insert word) with his current games.

I haven't played Skyrim, so that's the only game from Bethesda I have no opinion on.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm about 6 years late to the party but I can't get enough of Oblivion. Now Skyrim is out! I'm a big fan of Bethesdas work, I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                The problem with playing a game like Oblivion late is that you've been hearing about how good it is for a long, long time and anything less than perfection will be a disappointment. It's hard to give an unbiased opinion on a game that's received so much hype if you weren't playing it at the same time as everyone else. Oblivion is (was) a fantastic game, it's a shame you're not enjoying it now.

PS. Epic necrobump.
                Night of the Living Thread.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X