Guitar gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar gods

On my homepage today there's an item on guitar gods where they have pics of some of the greatest.

Who would you consider to be the greatest guitarist of all time?

Originally posted by Jaws
    On my homepage today there's an item on guitar gods where they have pics of some of the greatest.

Who would you consider to be the greatest guitarist of all time?
    Jimmie Hendrix, Robin Trower, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and his bothers are decent, All of the King Brothers, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker. My list is so long. Love the blues, Classic Rock, Some metal.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

What in the world. They do not have Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott on there. What a disgrace. The greatest of anything is always up for debate, but in my opinion, Dimebag is surely up towards the top.

Comment

--- Jimi Hendrix

--- Eric Clapton

--- Carlos Santana

--- Robin Trower

--- Jeff Healey

--- Brian May

--- BB King

--- Slash

--- Zaak Wylde

--- Jerry Cantrell

--- SRV

--- Duane Allman

--- Kim Thayil

--- David Gilmour

--- Eddie Van Halen

--- Peter Green

--- Joan Jett

--- Jimmy Page

--- Steve Howe

--- Adam Jones

--- Bonnie Raitt

--- Joe Perry

--- George Harrison

--- Tom Morello

--- Kirk Hammett

--- Les Paul

--- Dave Mustaine

--- Nancy Wilson

--- Jeff Beck

---

--- oops, I thought you said guitarist"S" ---

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 04-06-2006, 06:04 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

--- Dime Bag
          -
          -- Carlos Santana

--- Zaak Wylde

--- Jerry Cantrell

--- Dave Mustaine

--- Steve Vai

--- Marc Rizzo
          The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Let me think...
            • Santana
            • Jimmie Hendrix,
            • BB King
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
              --- Jimi Hendrix

--- Joan Jett

WTF? I didn't even know she played guitar...anyways, this is way too broad of a subject, you would have to break it down into subgroups (though it would still be too broad, lol. Technically, the greatest guitarist ever is Yngwie Malmsteen, IMO. Try listening to one of his cds and you will be bored to death! Rustey Cooley is' amazing, too ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVlL...arch=%20Cooley ). Besides that I guess I'm next on the list...
              Last edited by Jared; 04-08-2006, 11:19 PM.
              Go Huskers.

Comment

I see my personal favourite is on there, Queen's Brian May........the guy just has so much musical ability it's unreal, not only as a guitarist, but as a writer, vocalist, and general musician...........if it's got either strings or keys, he can play it............and he's got such a distinctive sound as well..............I went to see Queen & Paul Rodger's play last year, and they perform a few Free & Bad Company tracks, even though the riffs for 'All Right Now' are not Queen, you can hear May's sound.

A couple that I didn't see listed that, IMO, are worth a mention are Extreme's Nuno Bettencort and a guy called Jonas Isacsson who toured with Swedish duo Roxette in the 90's. Don't let Roxette's Europop sound fool you, live they were a proper rock act
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

IMO dimebag darryl is untouchable. dimebag darryl is god the greatest guitarist ever IMO. second is probably hendrix. 3rd might be zakk wylde. wylde's solo's are amazing
                  the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                    WTF? I didn't even know she played guitar...anyways, this is way too broad of a subject, you would have to break it down into subgroups (though it would still be too broad, lol. Technically, the greatest guitarist ever is Yngwie Malmsteen, IMO. Try listening to one of his cds and you will be bored to death! Rustey Cooley is f*ckin' amazing, too ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVlL...arch=%20Cooley ). Besides that I guess I'm next on the list...
                    i love rock 'n roll by joan jett is probably one of the most annoying songs in the world IMO. i shall post it in that thread.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

pop quiz.

There is a guitarist who Jimmy Hendrix once called the best he had ever heard.

This guy is not on any of your lists, nor the Guitar gods on the original post. He is quite well known.

I am wondering if any of you can guess.

Hint: He toured with Hendrix.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------
                      "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

Originally posted by JADJARHD

This guy is not on any of your lists, nor the Guitar gods on the original post. He is quite well known.

I am wondering if any of you can guess.

Hint: He toured with Hendrix.

--- Buddy Guy ?

---

Comment

No.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                          --- Buddy Guy ?

---

In the intrests of brevity I will not say no to every post. When somebody gets it I will tell you. I may post another hint. If this seems to get to drawn out I will just tell you guys.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------
                          "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

Damn, I know this but can't think of it! Lemmy from Motorhead was a roadie for Hendrix for a time and he mentioned the guy in an interview once but it escapes me now.
                            "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                              i love rock 'n roll by joan jett is probably one of the most annoying songs in the world IMO. i shall post it in that thread.
                              --- POST # 885 ---

Comment

Working...
                              X