Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D12's Proof Shot And Killed At Detroit Club

Wow, I just saw this at Mtv.com

Proof, a member of the Eminem-fronted Detroit-based hip-hop sextet D12, was killed early Tuesday morning outside a Detroit nightclub in a shooting that left another man in critical condition.

According to NBC News affiliate WDIV, Proof (real name: DeShaun Holton) suffered a gunshot wound to the head at the CCC Club on East Eight Mile Road, near Gratiot Avenue. By the time police arrived at the scene just after 5 a.m., the club — which was operating illegally, after hours — had been cleared out, but several witnesses have come forward to discuss the incident with investigators. A spokesperson for the Detroit Police Department said only that "an altercation occurred [inside the club], and shots rang out," but would not discuss the shooting further, as the 30-year-old rapper's next of kin have not yet been notified of his murder.

Both victims (the other man's name has not been released) were transported to area hospitals; Proof was rushed to St. John Holy Cross Hospital, while the second victim, who is 35 and also sustained a gunshot to the head, was taken to St. John Hospital, where he's listed as being in critical condition. Proof was pronounced dead on arrival.

Proof, Eminem's longtime friend, appeared in the film "8 Mile" as Lil' Tic; he also served as Eminem's best man when the rapper remarried his wife Kim Mathers in January (see "Eminem Remarries Ex-Wife Kim Mathers"). Eminem filed for divorce last week.

Police are searching for the suspected gunman; a description has not been made available. Detectives have asked that anyone with any information on the shooting come forward.

MTV News will have more on this developing story throughout the day.

— Chris Harris

Comment

These young folks. Will they learn? The Entertainment business is becoming more violent.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Wow.

This was quite a shocker considering he was about to go on tour this summer.

Sigh. It always seems like the rappers.
        sigpic

Comment

They say the good die young......

Damn, this sucks. If anyone doubts Proof's ability just download "just rhyming with Proof, drunk freestyle". Some good stuff with him and Eminem. I actually met him a couple years ago at a meet & greet when they were in concert in the area. I got a t-shirt with all of D-12's autographs that's still hangin' in my room.

I haven't heard if they caught who did it, but hopefully they do. Just what hip-hop needs, another unsolved death. It's just crazy that people got to kill each other over something so pety.

R.I.P.
          Proof

Comment

Very sad. Do they know who did it yet?

Comment

RIP.

what is this the wild west, with gun duels and showdowns now?

Why cant people just straight up duke it out. Now it seems they all got guns or will only fight if they out number the other side.

should be just 1 on 1, if your boy is getting worked then u pull him out. thats it. i dont know why people have to die. just stupid
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Summerz

No, all of the publications I've read so far said they don't even have any suspects yet... But I'd be very shocked if they didn't solve this one, the shooting happened in the middle of a crowded club as I understand it.

Then again, Tupac was gunned down on a crowded Vegas street and no one in the world has come forward with any info on that.

Comment

R.I.P Proof

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                    RIP.

what is this the wild west, with gun duels and showdowns now?

Why cant people just straight up duke it out. Now it seems they all got guns or will only fight if they out number the other side.

should be just 1 on 1, if your boy is getting worked then u pull him out. thats it. i dont know why people have to die. just stupid

It's because they're cowards and afraid that they might accidentally take an ass whooping.

Comment

RIP Proof...truely a great rapper
                      sigpic
                      DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Wow, I am in shock. I have D12's album. I liked it a lot. This is awful news.... he was a good rapper.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                          It's because they're cowards and afraid that they might accidentally take an ass whooping.
                          Yeah...Those Gangstas.

RIP, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerz

very sad indeed RIP proof.

and well they probly wont ever catch the murder they never do seem to care the least about rappers.

but alot of other rap groups didnt like D12 in the area and i hear that a few weeks before this happend that they got into a little fight argument whatever with suge knight.

Comment

I can't believe Proof of all people would be the one killed. He was my favorite out of D12 and had some awesome tracks with Em. R.I.P Proof
                              Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                              X