Frank Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Miller

I've gotten pretty into his graphic novels lately. Especially the Sin City series.

Anyone else read his stuff?
    Go Huskers.

Originally posted by Nick7
    I've gotten pretty into his graphic novels lately. Especially the Sin City series.

Anyone else read his stuff?
    I'm a big Frank Miller fan. I especially like the work that he's done on the Batman series. Batman Year One was incredible. I highly recommend that. The Sin City stuff was great, too. I wish he was still working on the Batman project, because the writers who did Hush Returns and War Crimes should be dragged out into the street and publicly beaten for ruining the series. Highly recommend to avoid those two titles (although the original Hush trades were really good).
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I also really enjoy Frank Miller's work. I agree with Whodey, his work on batman was flawless. Check out the work he did with Daredevil as well, he really did save the comic and make it ten times better
      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Yeah, I have all the Batman stuff and a couple of the Sin City books.

I started reading All Star Batman and Robin but I stopped buying comic books awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          Yeah, I have all the Batman stuff and a couple of the Sin City books.

I started reading All Star Batman and Robin but I stopped buying comic books awhile back.

I'll probably end up getting the trades though.

Comment

Has anyone ever read '300'?

I'm doing a history project over the Battle of Thermopylae. I know that the graphic novel isn't that accurate (obviously), but I would just like a few opinions on it from the people who have read it

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Carr
              Has anyone ever read '300'?

I'm doing a history project over the Battle of Thermopylae. I know that the graphic novel isn't that accurate (obviously), but I would just like a few opinions on it from the people who have read it
              Haven't read it, who's it by?
              Go Huskers.

Comment

I liked his work on Batman, but I liked his early writings on Daredevil a little better, I believe it was on the Born Again arc around # 227. Some good writing.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I loved Sin City when I was younger and when the movie came out I went and bought the books again. Considering that the others were trashed. I always loved Frank Millers books and am anxiously awaiting Sin City 2 (based off 'A Dame To Kill For').
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Frank Miller made it a couple of years back

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                      I loved Sin City when I was younger and when the movie came out I went and bought the books again. Considering that the others were trashed. I always loved Frank Millers books and am anxiously awaiting Sin City 2 (based off 'A Dame To Kill For').

THat's awesome, I didn't know they would base it off of ''A Dame...'' THey should probably be able to crank out 2 more movies (as in a 2nd and 3rd) with all the material. For the life of me, I can't find a copy of "yellow bastard'' anywhere...
                      Go Huskers.

Comment

THat's awesome, I didn't know they would base it off of ''A Dame...'' THey should probably be able to crank out 2 more movies (as in a 2nd and 3rd) with all the material. For the life of me, I can't find a copy of "yellow bastard'' anywhere...
                        Try Ebay and other places. I saw a copy of it on sell there once. I myself bought That Yellow Bastard, Booze Broads & Bullets, and The Hard Goodbye at a local bookstore
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

The Hard goodbye is ****ing unbelievable.
                          Go Huskers.

Comment

The second movie is supposed to be "A Dame to Kill for" plus two newly written stories. One is a Hartigan prequel, and the other is a Nancy Callahan story that takes place after Hartigan dies.
                            I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Bumping. 300

So I was going to post a new thread about it but just decided to search because I could've sworn we talked about Frank Miller before.

Now that "300" the feature film is coming out March 9th, which I am excited enough about that I went out and bought "300" the graphic novel.

Now, I wish it was cheaper but the story is awesome and Frank Miller is awesome! I really wish Hollywood would have given him and Aronofsky the okay to do the Batman films.

Anyway. "300" is pretty sweet and I was wondering how many of you have heard of it or read it especially now that the film hype is escalating a bit more.?

And I noticed the starter of this thread was Nick7 and he said he liked Frank Miller and then didn't know who wrote "300" lol. <--sorry, I just found that amusing. Don't worry Nick.

So: what does everyone who has heard about or read it think?
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X