Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightwing
    Has anyone ever read '300'?

I'm doing a history project over the Battle of Thermopylae. I know that the graphic novel isn't that accurate (obviously), but I would just like a few opinions on it from the people who have read it
    No I havent but the movie looks tight!!! I am a big fan of Gerard Butler, he plays the Spartan King.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
      No I havent but the movie looks tight!!! I am a big fan of Gerard Butler, he plays the Spartan King.

yeah he's pretty cool. plus we have the same last name haha.

and from the trailers, it looks like they adapted it frighteningly closely to the novel. Gerard Butler looks identical to the comic version of Leonidus. They did an amazing job with the movie I think. I can't wait to see it. Especially since it's an actual historical event. That makes it even better, even though Miller's is exaggerated of course.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Yeah, I had a bit of a blone moment, there....

I've only looked a few times, but I haven't been able to find ''300.''

I just started reading ''V for Vendetta.''
        Go Huskers.

Comment

I've read 300. It's awesome. Go get it if you haven't already.

From what I've seen of the previews for the movie, I can't wait. The scene where the Spartans shove the Persian diplomat into the pit and say "Welcome to Sparta" is dead-on identical to the way it was drawn in the book.

If that's any indication, I'm gonna love the movie.

And Sin City 2? I'm all over it.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
            I've read 300. It's awesome. Go get it if you haven't already.

From what I've seen of the previews for the movie, I can't wait. The scene where the Spartans shove the Persian diplomat into the pit and say "Welcome to Sparta" is dead-on identical to the way it was drawn in the book.

If that's any indication, I'm gonna love the movie.

And Sin City 2? I'm all over it.

Yeah, and there are plenty of identicals. Like the king's resemblance to Gerard Butler. And When they push all those Persians over the cliff. And the beginning where the king when he was young fights the wolf and the scene with all the Persian ships being throttled by waves in the sea and King Xerxes and his little moble throne. It's going to be an awesome freaking movie.

As is Sin City 2....
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
            X