Silent Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill

Who has seen it and what did you think of it?
    Glen Haven Fire

Originally posted by armedequation
    Who has seen it and what did you think of it?
    I saw it last night, and there were some things I liked and some things that I didn't like. Let's start with the bad:

The story was poorly developed, and had as many holes as a block of swiss. It wasn't really that scary - there were only a few scenes that made me even take pause. I normally can be pretty jumpy during a good scarefest - this wasn't it. There was some really terrible acting in parts, and I didn't really care for the ending that much either. That being said, I've never played the video game - it might have some more appeal for people who have.

On the good side, the visuals were really cool, and some of the special effects were pretty impressive. I especially liked the look of Silent Hill during the day - the ash gently floating down was well done and did the movie a lot of good.

That and the girl who played the cop was RIDICULOUSLY HOT. She was A++++++++++ would buy from again great ebayer.

All in all I give it 4.5/10.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      I saw it last night, and there were some things I liked and some things that I didn't like. Let's start with the bad:

The story was poorly developed, and had as many holes as a block of swiss. It wasn't really that scary - there were only a few scenes that made me even take pause. I normally can be pretty jumpy during a good scarefest - this wasn't it. There was some really terrible acting in parts, and I didn't really care for the ending that much either. That being said, I've never played the video game - it might have some more appeal for people who have.

On the good side, the visuals were really cool, and some of the special effects were pretty impressive. I especially liked the look of Silent Hill during the day - the ash gently floating down was well done and did the movie a lot of good.

That and the girl who played the cop was RIDICULOUSLY HOT. She was A++++++++++ would buy from again great ebayer.

All in all I give it 4.5/10.

i have yet to see it. The video games were pretty freaky but had alot of holes that get filled in later on in the series.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

It was filmed in my hometown Hamilton, Ontario!

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
          It was filmed in my hometown Hamilton, Ontario!
          that explains why the special effects budget was $0.00. hey ho, i'll be here all week folks!

it is a great series of games.
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I hope to see it soon. I loved the games and know that I will love the movie.

BTW WhoDey the cop was played by Kim Coates... thought it was Anne Heche from the trailer though ... LOL!!
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Good job Dawg.

Originally posted by Dawgfan
              I hope to see it soon. I loved the games and know that I will love the movie.

BTW WhoDey the cop was played by Kim Coates... thought it was Anne Heche from the trailer though ... LOL!!

Kim Coates is a guy. He played the male cop that spent the whole movie with the dad. The motorcycle cop was the chick from X-files and the Majestic (The Jim Carrey movie.)

Now, can somebody explain the end of the movie to me?
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

I haven't seen it, but I looked up the credits.

Deborah Kara Unger or Tanya Allen?

Unger IS hot.

No idea who Allen is.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Neither

Originally posted by Jared
                  I haven't seen it, but I looked up the credits.

Deborah Kara Unger or Tanya Allen?

Unger IS hot.

No idea who Allen is.
                  I looked it up. Her name is Laurie Holden.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390229/

She is hot, but I thought she looked ridiculous in that motorcycle cop outfit.
                  "…our brothers are silent, for they dare not speak the thoughts of their minds. For all must agree with all, and they cannot know if their thoughts are the thoughts of all, and so they fear to speak."

Anthem

Comment

Originally posted by JADJARHD
                    Kim Coates is a guy. He played the male cop that spent the whole movie with the dad. The motorcycle cop was the chick from X-files and the Majestic (The Jim Carrey movie.)

Now, can somebody explain the end of the movie to me?
                    Oh wow ... I didn't do an internet search of Kim Coates. A guy named Kim?! Wow....

I bet he was teased a lot as a kid.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Maybe.

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                      Oh wow ... I didn't do an internet search of Kim Coates. A guy named Kim?! Wow....

I bet he was teased a lot as a kid.

I bet he learned to be tough really quick. The only reason I knew who he was is that he played the Delta Force guy that got blown in half in Blackhawk Down.

Anthem

Comment

Working...
                      X