star trek 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Rumors abound!

Damon, Brody and Sinese may play the big three.

Wow! Big stars indeed.

We already heard speculation about Damon.

Brody is a pretty big name, Oscar winning actor.

Sinese as McCoy would be great.

and Daniel Dae Kim as Sulu?

I'm really stoked for this cast.

I don't think they'll be able to get all these guys though.

If they do, this could be huge!

Comment

I think it will require a powerful cast to pull this one off. As a trekky, I was disappointed when they went to the "Enterprise" series after "Voyager". Going back in time rather than move forward.

I really don't like the idea of a prequel for Star Trek XI unless they really come up with a great story line. I'll watch it either way but I think this may flop at the box office.

I would much rather see TNG cast return and pull in some of the old Voyager cast and use a story line from the adventures of Voyager. Perhaps they have to go back over there for some reason or face one of the new species they encountered. Something new, fresh and exciting.

Too me, going back to Kirk and the gang as youngsters sounds boring from the get go.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I am not too thrilled with this either.

At this point, I would prefer they start an entire new line. A new ship, and new crew, and a new direction.

Perhaps a story about Captain Calhoun and the Excalibur, with just a cameo by Patrick Stewart as Picard. A little tie in......

Enough going backward. That didnt work out. Time to switch direction and look to the future again.

Matt Damon as James T. Kirk?

They already killed him..............

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn

At this point, I would prefer they start an entire new line. A new ship, and new crew, and a new direction.

Perhaps a story about Captain Calhoun and the Excalibur, with just a cameo by Patrick Stewart as Picard. A little tie in......

Enough going backward. That didnt work out. Time to switch direction and look to the future again.

Now I like that idea :thumb:

But I think Gary Sinese could actually work quite well as Bones.

Overall though, the thought of a prequel leaves me feeling a little underwelmed, and smacks more than a little of desperation
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn

I agree they should have done something other than prequel but it's almost too late now.

This is already in the works for release on December 2008.

So as long as they are going to do it,

I think Matt Damon would be an excellent Kirk.
            :thumb:

Comment

Yeah, as long as they are gonna do it, I'm not gonna complain. I'll see it, buy the DVD, read the book, go thru all I usually go thru, lol.

Too late to jump ship now.

I just dont know, I have a hard time thinking of ANYONE to fill those shoes of Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley. No name you throw at me is going to satisfy me probably.

Although I am not a particular fan of Damon, he just doesnt seem the right person to me for the role. See below.....

Gary Sinese now. I really liked him in both the space flicks he's done. Him shooting off from Mars is one of the best endings in Sci Fi in my opinion. And I wish his role and been bigger in Apollo 13. He could have been the lead there. I dont watch his CSI show, but he's great in movies. Yeah, he could be a good McCoy, but as hard as it might be to fill Shatner's shoes, it's gonne be just as tough, for me, to fill Kelley's.

But filling Nimoy's shoes will probably be the hardest of all. ALL of those who have played Vulcan's have mentioned how hard it was to follow him, except for Mark Lenard. (Spock's dad)

As tough as it was to do all new roles was for Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew, and all the others, it's gonna be harder to impress Trek fans playing these three roles. Even a new Sulu or Uhura will be scrutinized like crazy by them.

These fans are even more fanatical than football fans, and they can be very possesive. Some of them wont be happy no matter who they fill those three roles with.

I'll give em a chance though. Not like I can call Rick Berman and force him to put a stop to it, lol.

But a prequel? Desperation might be exactly right. Trying one more time to hit the old well. It might work though. Who knows? Are these ready to assume the roles for several years, and do multiple movies? I doubt it really. Damon doesnt seem to be the guy to assume that kind of role, nor does Sinese really. Those two can demand a LOT of $$$ for movies! The guy from KK though, maybe. So far, all of the actors and actresses have had to become these people for quite a long time. Ya know?

However, being a prequel, maybe only one or two movies will be in order here. Something from the acadamy, and a mission.

They better not do a RED SQUAD feature, lol.

Maybe we'll get Calhoun in STXII or XIII, 21-19. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                I'm not much of a star trek fan but i figure there's probably a few star trek fans on here! star trek 11
                That kinda sucks I was hoping they would continue with the Picard crew!! Now that they are making that prequel, I cant see them going back to the "Next Generation" Films. I hear they are making a Justice League film.
                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

i've said it once and i'll say it again.
                  This will suck. The current star trek writers are aweful just look at what happend to enterprise. Then add in the fact prequels suck, I really do think even the biggest trek fan will struggle to see this movie more than once.
                  "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                    This will suck. The current star trek writers are aweful just look at what happend to enterprise. Then add in the fact prequels suck, I really do think even the biggest trek fan will struggle to see this movie more than once.
                    I highly doubt that! (No I am not a "trekkie")
                    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
                      Well, it's a good thing these guys have nothing to do with Enterprise then!

The scribes of this film (Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci) have done some limited work but promising. I haven't seen Mission Impossible III, but I have seen The Island, and I thought that was reasonably well written.

I'm kinda looking for a fresh take on the franchise. The old shows were kind of getting trapped by their own canon and they just became repetetious.

Since Berman and Braga are no longer in the picture, this will be more removed from Rodenberry than any Trek we've seen.

It should be at least interesting.

If you want an old take, we have 720 episodes and 10 movies to go to.
                      :thumb:

Comment

i ws never really a fan of star trek. i ws more into shows like space above and beyond and babylon 5. star wars is what i would watch in theaters.
                        GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Working...
                        X