The Smack Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    I have a fantastic idea for a thread for ABF, and it's radio show related. You may just get to hear me call into a show soon enough.

Do you get JT the Brick late at night?
    Hmmm... not on the radio late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
      Hmmm... not on the radio late at night.
      Look into it. I like Brick better than Rome.

I still wish I could listen to Rome right now, though. I may just buy the podcast for this episode.
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

After how the Brick stabbed Van Smack in the back I don't care what he has to say
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
          After how the Brick stabbed Van Smack in the back I don't care what he has to say
          What are you talking about? I've never heard anything about that before.

How about Casey in Vegas! I didn't think his call was that great, but he smacked the Broncos for drafting Cutler and then ripped Cutler saying he looks like Lloyd on Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete
            What are you talking about? I've never heard anything about that before.

How about Casey in Vegas! I didn't think his call was that great, but he smacked the Broncos for drafting Cutler and then ripped Cutler saying he looks like Lloyd on Dumb and Dumber.
            J.T. the Brick won the first Smack-Off, and was offered a radio position from a competing radio network; Although Rome continues to invite J.T. each year, he otherwise ignores the Brick, since he resents the younger host's defecting to a competing network (though both currently work for Premiere Radio Networks; J.T. for the Fox Sports Radio division).

Doc Mike and Jeffrey Di Tolla both competed strong, with Jeffrey (also known as Esquire) winning Smack-Off II. Doc Mike was a heavy favorite to win the first competition, but was beaten out by the now-famous J.T. the Brick.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smack-Off

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
              J.T. the Brick won the first Smack-Off, and was offered a radio position from a competing radio network; Although Rome continues to invite J.T. each year, he otherwise ignores the Brick, since he resents the younger host's defecting to a competing network (though both currently work for Premiere Radio Networks; J.T. for the Fox Sports Radio division).

Doc Mike and Jeffrey Di Tolla both competed strong, with Jeffrey (also known as Esquire) winning Smack-Off II. Doc Mike was a heavy favorite to win the first competition, but was beaten out by the now-famous J.T. the Brick.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smack-Off
              Hey, the man gots to get paid.

I think Brick's got a great show. Him and Tom Looney are a great team. Looney's one of the best score announcers ever. I freaking love the Brickhouse.

Man, I can't wait to get out at 2 to catch the last hour of the smackoff! I'm sorry I missed Oren in Denver... that guy's awesome.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Jeff in Richmond *
                Randy in Houston **
                Oran in Denver **** (run)
                Greg in Vegas *****
                Terrance in Sierra Madre **** 1/2
                Jeff in Pheonix ***
                Casey in Vegas **** 1/2 (An extra star for ripping the Broncos drafting Cutler)
                Joe in O.C. *** 1/2
                Cablinasian ****
                Stevie Carbone ****
                Justin ** 1/2

My top 4 in order so far
                Greg
                Terrance
                Cablinasian
                Stevie Carbone

Comment

Oh my god! Bill in Knoxville killed it and gets screwed again. 7th? 7th!

Here's the final standings:

10. Jeff in Richmond
                  9. Jeff in Phoenix
                  8. Stevie Carbone
                  7. Bill in Knoxville
                  6. Terrance in Sierra Madre
                  5. Randy in Houston
                  4. Iafrate
                  3. Joe in the O.C.
                  2. Greg in Vegas
                  1. Cablinasian

Comment

Way to go The Cablinasian, As far as JT goes, you are right Whodey, a man does have to get paid, however, there is a right way to go about it, and I think that he did it poorly.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X