favorite bassist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite bassist?

we have discussions over favorite geetarists but what about bassists huh? okay here's my top 3:

1. Alex Webster of cannibal corpse. even if you don't like cannibal corpse you can not deny the awsomeness that is alex webster.

2. flea of RHCP- you can't say enough about him he's just great

3. Ryan Martinie of mudvayne-just like a-web (heh i came up with a new nickname for him) you may not like the band overall but his basslines are spot on. and he's just amazing.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

I really liked Flea. I would also have to mention that guy from Primus(don't know his name).

Comment

I actually have met flea seceral times. But I would have to pick Cliff Burton (original Bassist for METALLICA) as being the BEST!!! But I really like the way Paul Deslisle carries the low end for SMASHMOUTH.
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Krist Novoselic anyone? On top of being a good palyer, I know a kid who looks EXACTLY like him. Or at least exactly like he did back in the early early days, minus about 5 inches.
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Tai Anderson From Third Day
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

flea is definately a great bassist, along with geezer butler from sabbath and John paul Jones of Zeppelin.

And of course you can't forget paul mcartney, what he lacked in bass talent he made up for in influence!

Comment

Originally posted by SeekandDestroy
              flea is definately a great bassist, along with geezer butler from sabbath and John paul Jones of Zeppelin.

And of course you can't forget paul mcartney, what he lacked in bass talent he made up for in influence!
              amen....
              without flea... chillies would suck...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nyx
                I really liked Flea. I would also have to mention that guy from Primus(don't know his name).

Les Claypoole

He is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                  Les Claypoole

He is the best.

all hail the frog brigade!
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Lemmy......
                    "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

ME

1. Chris Wolstenholme (Muse) - awesome bassist he's pretty much my role model. Love his heavy fingerstyle and effects-heavy bass.

2. Timmy Commerford (RATM/Audioslave) - another heavy fingerstyle bassist, great riffs, love that crunchy distorted tone too. Lots of style.

3. Carlos Dengler (Interpol) - the only pick bassist I've ever really admired...really melodic tripletty basslines. Similar style to Peter Hook, just better. Very stylish, very good bassist.

Honourable Mention:

Brian Gibson (Lightning Bolt) - Lightning Bolt. Best example of organised noise...just the drum and the bass (which is tuned up in fifths). Awesome bassist, also has a love of whammy pedals which goes down well with me Great bassist, especially with the tapping.
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Geezer Butler will always be my favorite bassist. He was far, far ahead of his time and his Black Sabbath bass lines are great to listen to 30+ years after they were recorded.

Next in line would be Timi Hansen--Mercyful Fate/King Diamond (my main influence)
                        and Dee Dee Ramone--For his energy and songwriting.

Other favorites (in no particular order):
                        Steve DiGiorgio --Autopsy, Sadus, Iced Earth........ one of the most talented bass players ever, DiGiorgio is pretty much a "hired gun", not sticking with anyone for more than 1 album. The only band he was officially a part of (as far as I know) was his first band, Sadus.

Ron Royce--Coroner. Amazing Talent!!

Martin Ain--Celtic Frost

Cronos--Venom

Alex Webster-- I saw him play a few times in the 90's.... excellent bassist.

Leif Edling--Candlemass. Brilliant songwriter.

Les Claypool--To cool not to put on the list.
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Jaco Pastorius (Weather Report)

Chris Squires (Yes)

Les Claypool (Primus)

Flea (RHCP)

Doug Pinnick (King's X)

Bootsy Collins (P-Funk, James Brown)

Tom Petersson (Cheap Trick - he invented the 12 string bass, although he was not the first to use an ERB)

John Entwhistle
                          Last edited by Jared; 05-30-2006, 06:25 AM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Tom Grey,he used to play with the Seldom Scene..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop

Alex Webster-- I saw him play a few times in the 90's.... excellent bassist.

LUCKY!!! i love cannibal corpse!
                              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
                              X