COMIC BOOK thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    That sounds about right. I preordered it and started the download when I got home from work and proceeded to read it before I had to take my son to school.

Will probably give all the rebirths a shot before deciding which ones I want to give a chance and continue reading.
    I'm a couple chapters in. Seems decent so far, I'm excited to see what happens going forward. I rarely follow comics episode by episode, but I might be getting to a point now where I'm excited to do that again.
    sigpic

Comment

• So, that was totally dr Manhattan from Alan Moore's watchmen talking at the end as well as the comedians pin. Looks like they are tying rebirth to watchmen
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        So, that was totally dr Manhattan from Alan Moore's watchmen talking at the end as well as the comedians pin. Looks like they are tying rebirth to watchmen
        It was confirmed that Dr Manhatten is the one behind it which is interesting. But of coarse my favorite is wally being back.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

It was confirmed that Dr Manhatten is the one behind it which is interesting. But of coarse my favorite is wally being back.
          Sucks that none of the one shots or #1's will start to hit until next month...I would like to see what the new universe is going to be like.
          sigpic

Comment

Sucks that none of the one shots or #1's will start to hit until next month...I would like to see what the new universe is going to be like.
            Yeah and it is only a few. Some I'm interested in reading won't hit till the summer is almost over or at least half way through. Like nightwing the outlaws teen Titans and Titans itself since wally will be in that one.

Plus I wonder what name he will go by in his new cosine since kid flash and flash will be taken.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Well 4 of the one shots hit today. Green arrow, superman, green lantern, and batman. Just finished reading all 4 of them.

Looks like we will get flash and aquaman next week along with detective and action comics.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Well 4 of the one shots hit today. Green arrow, superman, green lantern, and batman. Just finished reading all 4 of them.

Looks like we will get flash and aquaman next week along with detective and action comics.
                Thanks for the reminder. I'm a big fan of 3/4 of those...

I suppose I'll also give Superman a chance.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I'm a big fan of 3/4 of those...

I suppose I'll also give Superman a chance.
                  Forgot Wonderwoman is on for next week also.

But out of those 4 I will say green lantern was probably my favorite. Superman wasn't bad. Batman shows potential but seemed to be jumping all over the place but I also had to go online to figure somethings out since it seemed to continue from the new 52.

And finally green arrow. I thought the story was okay and was enjoyable there is potential there and I will probably give it some more time but the artwork just didn't seem to hit for me. But I will keep an pen mind because the story was solid enough for me to try the next issue.

Overall I enjoyed all 4 and looking forward to the next issues but soon I will have to start trimming them because getting them all will not fit in my budget lol. Maybe see which ones my dad goes with and read them when he gets them in graphic novel form.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• Well finished those 5 comics and I enjoyed action and detective comics and the flash. Aquaman and wonder woman might be ones I end up cutting. Might attempt to get another issue or 2 but I will need to start making cuts soon.

Also started reading the injustice comics got the first 2 yearsand using the marvel unlimited app to read the inhuman comics.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Well finished those 5 comics and I enjoyed action and detective comics and the flash. Aquaman and wonder woman might be ones I end up cutting. Might attempt to get another issue or 2 but I will need to start making cuts soon.

Also started reading the injustice comics got the first 2 yearsand using the marvel unlimited app to read the inhuman comics.
                      The injustice comics are solid. I'm up to current on those.
                      sigpic

Comment

The injustice comics are solid. I'm up to current on those.
                        Well add this

https://youtu.be/J8_smIADkDw

And hopefully the comics will continue past this year. I already hope they will continue and cover the first game but more to the story will always be good.

Do far through the first two years have been good and the number of deaths have been staggering, but looks like the video was able to add another character to the game in super girl so will be interesting where the story goes.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• So Titans entered into the rotation of the rebirth comics. I'm thinking I'm going to try to limit myself to 5 comics a week so I'm almost to the point where I will have to cut one to add some of the new ones.

Thinking green arrow will be the one to get cut from this group of 5. It isn't that i think it is bad I just like the other ones more.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• Phase 2 of dc rebirth is starting in February which will include JLA, Batwoman and Super sons. Been impressed with quite a bit of the rebirth titles. Superman and detective comics might be my favorite two at the moment but there still have been quite a few solid runs going.

And just accepted using plasma donation to pay for comics because trying to limit myself failed. Feel behind in my reading for a bit with the holidays going on but catching back up and will probably start another series on marvel unlimited since I finished the inhuman run.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

Working...
                            X