Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hot Chili Peppers Accused Of Plagiarism

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17507

Next you are gonna tell me Milli Vanilli and and Ashley Simpson don't really sing
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien

I don't hear any similraities at all.

Now, STP ripped off KISS's "War Machine" for "Sex Type Thing". No question.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

makes me miss orignal artists like Vanilla Ice
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

reminds me of when they said papa roach ripped off a riff from an iron maiden song.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
            makes me miss orignal artists like Vanilla Ice
            YEAH!!!!!!! Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

I actually would think that they would sue themselves for plagiarism, because most of their songs sound alike anyways.
              sigpic
              HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae
                I actually would think that they would sue themselves for plagiarism, because most of their songs sound alike anyways.
                Damn, you beat me to it I was listening to Stadium Arcadium and I kept getting deja vu.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                  reminds me of when they said papa roach ripped off a riff from an iron maiden song.

They say ''Las Resort'' by Papa Roach is the same as ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' by Iron Maiden (also covered by Cradle of Filth).
                  Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                    They say ''Las Resort'' by Papa Roach is the same as ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' by Iron Maiden (also covered by Cradle of Filth).
                    I know and it sounds nothing alike. some people say it's also ghenghis kahn. but neither really sound anything alike
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I know and it sounds nothing alike. some people say it's also ghenghis kahn. but neither really sound anything alike

It vaguely sounds like the melody at the end of Ghengis Khan. The one guitar is riffing the power chords in sync with the bass and drums, and the other guitar is doing those arrpeggios.

That part MAYBE sounds like Last Resort.

More homage than ripoff. Not even in the same key, I think.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Man, that sucks.

Tom Petty is awesome and I also like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that song right there the beat was very similar to "Mary Jane's Last Dance". Tom Petty should do something about it. But, knowing him he probably won't.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Exactly. THe only song where I thought I heard the last resort riff was in the violin part of a Whitesnake song. I can't quite place the name right now.
                          Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                            It vaguely sounds like the melody at the end of Ghengis Khan. The one guitar is riffing the power chords in sync with the bass and drums, and the other guitar is doing those arrpeggios.

That part MAYBE sounds like Last Resort.

More homage than ripoff. Not even in the same key, I think.
                            I'm listening to "Hallowed be Thy Name"...... I agree that the riff in "Last Resort" is more homage than ripoff..... doesn't sound a bit like "Hallowed".

Iron Maiden has been borrowed from....... just like any worthwhile Metal band has been borrowed from. How many songs have had a riff that is similar to one written by Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc??

In some way, Iron Maiden served as an inspiration to a Papa Roach guitarist.... there's nothing wrong with that.

Give me Maiden, anyways .
                            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Working...
                            X