Do you download music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you download music?

Do you download music off the internet for your ipod, cd, etc?

If so, what site do you use? Napster, Ares, Limewire, etc?

I'm asking this because we got a new faster computer, and I can download things pretty fast now... and I was wondering what was safe, if there were any free sites, etc...

Please help..

Cp's will be given for well thought out help.

I use Limewire.

It works perfectly, occasionally you get bad files, but nothing major. It's simple for music. Double Click on the song you want and wait. Haven't gotten any viruses or anything via it yet.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
      I use Limewire.

It works perfectly, occasionally you get bad files, but nothing major. It's simple for music. Double Click on the song you want and wait. Haven't gotten any viruses or anything via it yet.

Good luck with it.
      Is it free? Could you get introuble from the govt. for downloading it?

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
        Is it free? Could you get introuble from the govt. for downloading it?
        You can download it for free, nobody that I know has gotten in trouble for using it, though there's a chance you could.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
          Do you download music off the internet for your ipod, cd, etc?

If so, what site do you use? Napster, Ares, Limewire, etc?

I'm asking this because we got a new faster computer, and I can download things pretty fast now... and I was wondering what was safe, if there were any free sites, etc...

Please help..

Cp's will be given for well thought out help.
          I used to use Bearshare ( www.bearshare.com ) but found out my computer had Limewire on it so I took Bearshare off.

Bearshare is free if your wondering. There are usually alot of pop-ups though

EDIT: all of my friends download music too and no one I know has gotten in trouble for it
          sigpic

Comment

I use Limewire as well and would recommend it. I used to use a program called Ares too which worked very well, but it stopped working on mt comp so I just use Limewire now.
            You have a chance of getting in trouble with pretty much any file sharing program. Not from jsut having it, but from downloading music. Although the chance of getting caught is very small and Ive never known anybody that has been caught.
            sigpic

Comment

They say it's free but load your comp up with spyware and pop ups. As long as you have a good virus program you should be fine.

Comment

I use bittorrent & mp3sh its.com.

all one word on the latter...

Comment

I use limewire too...I love it. It's really easy to use. I tried bearshare, and I didn't like it, I don't know why it was just weird.

About the getting caught thing, I've never known anyone who has been caught, and there truly is a slim chance due to the large number of people downloading, you can't arrest the whole country!
                  ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

I use Limewire as well, I used Bearshare for a while but all the pop ups were making me angry.

I don't know anyone who has been caught.
                    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                      I use Limewire as well, I used Bearshare for a while but all the pop ups were making me angry.

I don't know anyone who has been caught.
                      Same, i use Limewire, Bearshare cause comp problems, and half of the files were stolen anyway
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

This is just a guess, but I would say if they are targeting people it would be for down loading a grand or more worth of music.
                        Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

I use limewire.
                          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
                            This is just a guess, but I would say if they are targeting people it would be for down loading a grand or more worth of music.
                            Those who are targeted are usually the ones who share TONS of files, since they are trying to take down the supply - which never works.

That is why Bit Torrent is the safest filesharing program/network out there, it operates on the principle of safety in numbers - while you are downloading a file, you also share with someone downloading the portion you have already downloaded, so everyone is sharing and uploading there are no standout targets for the gov't to go after...and since everyone isnt trying to DL from one person, its also quicker.
                            Last edited by Comrade; 06-04-2006, 06:01 PM. Reason: i'm a tard

Comment

Limewire is the only way to go, there is no way of getting caught, and you can use it for more than music if you know what I mean!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X