No announcement yet.

Napolean Dynamite:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there were a lot of funny parts like when he dances and when he feeds tina (that fat lard). and his brother being on the web with hot babes all day (wants to be a pro wrestler) funny

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      You could say that about all movies, though.

One you know how it ends, it's just not as fun.
      well the thing is to Napolean Dynamite, theres no real plotline lol

But say, look at Inside Man, ive seen that 3 times already, i thought it was a great movie, ive seen Firewall twice, and The Replacements many times, Napolean just did'nt have that same affect

Comment

It is a good movie, but not as great as everyone says, IMO.

If you're in a group of friends, this movie has a 98.9% chance of coming up in a conversation, sometimes out of nowhere. 3 out of every 5 people have seen it, the 4th person is someone like yourself asking if it's worth it, and the fifth person is over 40 and could care less.

It's funny, but you won't be grabbing your stomach or slapping your knee. It's interesting, but nothing to cloud the chatrooms. What I like about it is the way it's presented, It's different, especially Napoleon and my favorite character, Hector. It's not groundbreaking since it hasn't set a trend. Character development as a whole is missing. But in a word, it's fun.

See it just to say that you did. You won't be sorry, but you won't be wiser, either. I think the discussion about the movie with friends is more fun than actually watching the movie itself, if that makes sense.

Afterwards, pop in a classic sleeper like Memento to balance out your universe.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn

Afterwards, pop in a classic sleeper like Memento to balance out your universe.

I thought Memento was fantastic, personally.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
            Yes it is. "Hey Tina, Come Get Some Ham!"
            Well.... watched it, and this bit made me laugh my ass off...

That and the steak in the face.... (instant flashbacks to the "Vince Young's Throwing Motion" sig.... )

Glad I rented it, it was pretty good.

Thanks everyone for their input!!!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Didn't want to watch it, but had to see what the "hype" was about.
              The wedding was hilarious. It's after the credits, which a lot of people who I've talked to didn't realize there was more.

I just didn't get what time period it's in. There's internet access, but the music played is mostly 80's (except for the dance song and the NSync song that the other candidate does her sign language song to). Plus, the way everyone dresses or looks, totally 80's except uncle Rico, who looks like he's still in the 70's. And the fact that Napolean wears moon boots. But it is Idaho, and that explains a lot (Plummer is from Idaho isn't he?).........
              sigpic
              HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                I thought Memento was fantastic, personally.
                me to. i had to watch it a couple of times but it's an awsome movie.
                the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I started it, but ocul not finish it, HORIABLE Movie
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                    On a side note if you'd like to hear a DJ mix using quote's from the movie, check out...

Napolean Dynamite vs. DJ Wicked at...

http://www.myspace.com/dj_wicked

It's funny as hell.

PEACE!!!

BUMP

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                      Is this movie worth watching?

(PS - CP's awarded to respondees.)
                      I did not see it untill a while after it was out.. and could not find anything at hollywood. So I rented it and thought it was funny and very watchable that is unique in its own way.

I though it was a well done movie.. and well written for a corny movie.

I would rate it about 5/10.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                        I did not see it untill a while after it was out.. and could not find anything at hollywood. So I rented it and thought it was funny and very watchable that is unique in its own way.

I though it was a well done movie.. and well written for a corny movie.

I would rate it about 5/10.
                        Yeah, I would agree.

I had given teh web-site a good "look-over", and figured it could be a movie that easily went either way, that's why I asked what everyone thought.

Not the best thing ever, but definitely not the worst... If I were any more on the fence I'd have a post sticking out of my ...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae
                          I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Didn't want to watch it, but had to see what the "hype" was about.
                          The wedding was hilarious. It's after the credits, which a lot of people who I've talked to didn't realize there was more.

I just didn't get what time period it's in. There's internet access, but the music played is mostly 80's (except for the dance song and the NSync song that the other candidate does her sign language song to). Plus, the way everyone dresses or looks, totally 80's except uncle Rico, who looks like he's still in the 70's. And the fact that Napolean wears moon boots. But it is Idaho, and that explains a lot (Plummer is from Idaho isn't he?).........
                          No it was in modern time it just seemed like that because Napolean's family or anyone else in the matter was rich and Uncle Rico always stated that he wanted to go back to the 80's (time travel machine) to play in the big state championship game.

Comment

I was in alaska with my dad hunting wolverines!!

That movie is FUNNY. Its dumb, but funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                              Is this movie worth watching?

(PS - CP's awarded to respondees.)
                              Yes it is. "Fix yourself a dang quesa dilla"
                              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Yes, funnist line in the movie.

I'm rasing money to go to college says the girl. In the background a guy says Your mom goes to college. Girl runs off crying. Freakin Halarious.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X