What is your Favorite Tool song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Favorite Tool song?

I'm on a roll with these threads, so if you don't like Tool or if you don't like these threads-- Please just move along and post your thoughts in another thread...

If you are a Tool fan (And there seem to be more than ever if record sales indicate anything), I'm interested to see what everyone's favorite song is...

Mine is probably Lateralus or Eulogy, but it's hard to pick one. Lateralus is what they closed with on that tour and the way that song kicks in at around 6:00 minutes into it is awesome, they build up so perfectly... Then they just rock, and Maynard gets his foot stomping-- Epic stuff.

Hopefully this doesn't die right away.
    Sober
    14.29%
    Aenema
    0.00%
    46 & 2
    0.00%
    Schism
    35.71%
    Lateralus
    7.14%
    Stinkfist
    0.00%
    Eulogy
    0.00%
    Parabola
    0.00%
    Prison Sex
    28.57%
    Other (Specify)
    14.29%

Its hard to pick one. Tool kicks butt.

Comment

I really don't know any Tool song by title, but the one that I like the best is pretty old. It was used on Beavis & Butthead...They got the words confused with Your Mather's a Slot
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

My favorite Tool song is H.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Prison Sex. Love the beginning of it, and plus, the video is awesome.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

What is your Favorite Tool song?
            It's a close tie between "Can you fix it?" and "Right tool for the job" off this album

I'm told some of the guys here are very keen on "Blonde Haired Girl In A Hardhat" too

Comment

--- Schism

--- Sober

--- Sweat

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                "Right tool for the job"

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Schism is the best

"I know the pieces fit ..."
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                    My favorite Tool song is H.

I actually had H. as the last choice, but decided to replace it with Prison Sex because I figured that was the more popular choice... Interesting choice with all the different possible songs to choose from-- I like H, but not my fav.

Comment

Favorite tool song: Peter, Paul & Mary, "If I Had A Hammer." Great song about a tool.

Comment

i was torn between prison sex (opening riff makes me happy) and sober. I chose sober.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                          I actually had H. as the last choice, but decided to replace it with Prison Sex because I figured that was the more popular choice... Interesting choice with all the different possible songs to choose from-- I like H, but not my fav.
                          There are a few things about that song that make it my favorite.

First of all, the guitar riff during the verses is beautiful. The way it lazily goes up and down the scale creates a haze in your mind, and Maynard's half-sung/half-spoken lyrics are a great complement. The build to the climax of the song, where Maynard sing, "And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes..." is masterfully executed. The build is powerful and well executed.

I love pretty much everything tool has done (although I'm not a big fan of Lateralus on the whole), but this gets my vote for favorite.
                          HEAR ME ROAR!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Working...
                          X