Bonnaroo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnaroo

Just got back from Bonnaroo in Manchester TN. 4 days of camping out in a field and listening to amazing music. Sure the first thing i did when i got home was spend an hour in the shower (something i couldnt do for 4 days), but it was the best time of my life. Saw a lot of great bands. Radiohead, Death Cab, Buddy Guy, Tom Petty and the Heartbrakers, Phil Lesh (of Grateful Dead) and Friends, My Morning Jacket, Beck, Blues Traveler, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Bright Eyes, Mike Doughty, moe., and SO many more great bands. I also saw some talented bands i had never heard of before, especially this british guy David Ford who really really impressed me. Ahh, the greatest weekend of my life. Its happened every year since 02, and so will surely happen next year, so try to make it. the $200 pricetag may seem a bit much, but consider that good tickets to 2 of these shows would probably cost that much. Or hell even tickets to go see comedians Patten Oswalt and Lewis Black (who were there) would cost that much.

So, any other bonneroovians out there in broncomania?
    Last edited by chickennob2; 06-19-2006, 02:41 PM.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

I only had to go through the traffic on Friday afternoon. Wasn't that bad.
    They had about 25 state trooper vehicles within about 3 miles.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

my cousins went out there and said it was a blast!

How was Beck?
      Blet

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
        my cousins went out there and said it was a blast!

How was Beck?

Actually i was thoroughly dissappointed by Beck. A very uninspired performance, and with the heat the crowd couldnt make up for it with their own enthusiasm. On quite a few instances he would start playing and stop after about 30 seconds and say "that wasnt going anywhere" and start something else. All in all it was about the worst performance at bonnaroo

One funny thing that he did do was rather than showing the band on the giant screens next to the stage they would show puppets playing the music, and he did a parody of Radiohead's "creep" with the puppets,

And E, you are lucky you missed the Thursday traffic. 4 exits closed on East-bound I-24. Traffic backed up for more than 2 miles leading up to exit 111. It was pretty nasty.
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Nob-

I would have liked to see Radiohead, but the rest of the bill didn't excite me that much...

What are your thoughts on the festival growing from a niche hippy fest to nowadays with a variety of music styles and crowds?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
            Nob-

I would have liked to see Radiohead, but the rest of the bill didn't excite me that much...

What are your thoughts on the festival growing from a niche hippy fest to nowadays with a variety of music styles and crowds?

The whole jamband scene has faded some, but don't think that the hippy atmosphere is gone. No showers, old deadheads everywhere you look, tie dye all over hte place, and the smell of a certain plant permeating everything... the hippy scene is still in full force. Personally I am extatic about the change. The hippy crowd can still go and see phil lesh, superjam, oysterhead, and other Dead-esque bands. Yet the infusion of new styles with Radiohead and Death Cab to Buddy Guy and Bonnie Rait has really opened up the festival and made it much mroe appealing.

Comment

Working...
            X