Family Guy VS South Park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    Overall, I would definitely say South Park. But the past couple of seasons haven't been up to par, IMO. A couple good shows with a number of not so good shows.

I enjoy family guy, but I don't anticipate it week to week like I used to do with South Park. And South Park is a lot deeper, in general, despite the fart jokes.
    Season 10 is turning out to be the best one they've had in a while. they've even made fun of themselves in the "cartoon wars" episode. (can't remember if it was part 1 or 2) but they mentioned how a lot of people thought they were becoming really topical and preachy about it. but they've sort of ditched that whole thing in season 10 and have really gone back to the way they were before that.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

South park by a mile.

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
      R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

Family Guy is funny. South Park is clever while being funny.

Family Guy can make me spit out milk from my nose. They are indeed a riot. I mean laugh out loud riot. They really can get some laughs... like the time I whipped out my dingaling at my Grandmother's church...

*flashback that has nothing to do with the actual storyline*

Back to reality.

That's basically all that Family Guy is. They do, however, have a plethora of hilarious characters. Giggidy. In fact their least interesting character, Meg, is made fun of because so.

As for South Park, they are shrewd. So shrewd that they work around their controversial content to actually make a point. Remember He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Remember in the end, He-Man would teach a lesson about the episode, like if he rescued some kid with an enormously large head, he would have a closing monologue saying that Big Head Itis is a serious condition or whatever. South Park does the same thing, but in such a funny and clever way that, when they're running the closing credits, you come out saying, "Did I just learn something?" They can get political. They take shots at the controversies on the world (life support, scientology) and turn it into a laugh out loud episode. They do go over the top, but all good controversial shows do.

Not only that, I bet if Family Guy took a shot at South Park, it wouldn't be as near as biting or funny as when South Park did their episode about Family Guy and their staff of manatee writers. And I don't care what Stewie does, nothing beats making your enemy eat his parents in a bowl of chili as you wipe the tears from his sobbing face.

I love them both and they're equally as funny but South Park, IMO, is the better show.

Comment

I said Family Guy because I havent really seen South Park...
          sigpic

Comment

Family Guy
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn

Not only that, I bet if Family Guy took a shot at South Park, it wouldn't be as near as biting or funny as when South Park did their episode about Family Guy and their staff of manatee writers. And I don't care what Stewie does, nothing beats making your enemy eat his parents in a bowl of chili as you wipe the tears from his sobbing face.

I love them both and they're equally as funny but South Park, IMO, is the better show.
              he didn't just wipe his tears off his face he licked them off and then said "mm your tears taste so good". how f'd up is that
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

close...
                cos both r very, very funny...

but ill take family guy....

with gold like this...

u cant go wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BP5g3fuyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNgCko-ndgo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                  As far as overall writing goes, South Park is head and shoulders above Family Guy... There are actually salient meanings and messages behind the writing of South Park, whereas Family Guy is sort of more toilet, mindless humor....

Don't get me wrong, I love Family Guy--Watch is almost every night-- but if I were to make an analogy I would say that Family Guy is like the McDonalds of writing-- Not real quality, but it satisfies me.

I say Family Guy is better. And whoever thinks Family Guy is mindless toilet humor forgot about Mr. Hanky.

I still like both shows. I like the pop culture references in Family Guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X