• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDforTatum26
    replied
    Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...n_3/large.html

I am soo geeked out about this. VENOM! VENOM! VENOM!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I wish it was May 2007

this movie looks so awsome! I loved the first two movies and I'm going to try and see this the day it comes out...

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    If there's a 4th spidey film, I wanna see electro and kraven the hunter! Mysterio would probably be lame? Vulture might be meh? And then there's rhino??

Leave a comment:

• AZOmae
    replied
    I wish I was there for once...

First Look at Spider-Man 3 for fans

Comic-Con fans get first look at 'Spider-Man 3'

Sandy Cohen
    AP Entertainment Writer
    Jul. 26, 2006 12:00 AM

SAN DIEGO (AP) - "Spider-Man 3" isn't due until next summer, but about 5,000 fans got an early look at the film Saturday at Comic-Con, the country's largest comic book convention.

Director Sam Raimi, producer Laura Ziskin and key members of the cast - Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard and Thomas Haden Church - came to the San Diego Convention Center to answer fan questions and unveil never-before-seen, unfinished footage of the much-anticipated movie.

So is this the final installment of the franchise?

"There will be some conclusions, though I wouldn't say it's necessarily the end," said Maguire, whose words were nearly drowned out by thunderous applause. "We're going to leave it open-ended. If there are stories worth telling, then we'll tell them."

The brief teaser footage blended live-action scenes with animation and computer graphics. It showed Sandman, a new villain played by Church, and offered a quick glimpse of Venom (Grace), Peter Parker's spider-like nemesis.

"He's more of a doppelganger to Peter," Grace told the crowd. "It's kind of a case study in if someone very similar to Peter got the same powers but didn't have a good upbringing."

Raimi also revealed that Harry Osborn (James Franco) would become a third villain, taking on some of the powers of his father, the Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe), who was killed in the first "Spider-Man" film.

Actor Bruce Campbell, a Raimi-film regular, also makes an appearance in "Spider-Man 3," the director said. He'll play a new character, who fans believe will be the villain Mysterio.

As the director of all three "Spider-Man" films, Raimi has been immersed in Spidey's world for more than six years. A longtime fan of the comic books, Raimi said it's been a "super-dream" to make the movies, but also a "great responsibility to tell the story of this character that kids look up to as this great hero."

"Certainly you don't want to make anything that isn't worthy of their admiration," he said.

Based on early reaction at Comic-Con, Raimi has nothing to worry about. He delivered what fans wanted: Venom.

"It was way better than I expected because you got to see Venom. He looked awesome," said John McCracken, 22.

"He made the entire world happy by putting Venom in it," said Nora McGuirk, 26, manager of Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim, Calif. "Sam Raimi hasn't disappointed us yet."

Chastity Vicencio, 20, said it was even more exciting to see Spider-Man face his own demons.

"Superheroes are cool and all, but when they hit a dark side, that's really great," she said.

Spider-Man creator Stan Lee has his own ideas of what makes the movie a winner.

"I have a cameo in it, and I think it's my best cameo," said the 83-year-old Marvel Comics master. "That's probably the high point of the movie. After that, you know, it's all a letdown.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by tpryce93
    I just watch it for Mary Jane. Kirsten Dunst is freakin hot with red hair.
    i f-ing agree with that. i was stoked to find out she was playing mary jane. i was already excited about spiderman movies...and then that just made everything better.

on a side-note, my girlfriend looks hot with red hair too.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    That is hot...

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    New Spider-Man poster

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fe...ws.php?id=4496

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    I definately will be going to see this with my nephew!

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    Originally posted by NASurfer
    Yeah it looks to me like its Hobgoblin and Sandman in this film.

I put money down that they are setting up for Venom in the next film.

Looks like Gwen Stacy will be introduced in this film. I wonder what the plans are for her?
    Well according to imdb, topher grace is venom. James franco is hobgoblin, and gwen stacy should've been in the first spiderman, which leads me to believe that gwen may die in this one?? I could be wrong though, but it would make some sense for gwen to die at the hands of hobgoblin. Although in the comics, green goblin caused her death. I expect harry to be pissed and bent on rage against peter even more in this one.

Leave a comment:

• DouglasFir
    replied
    What an awesome trailer! It really did get me excited about this movie!

I do have a quick question... why does everyone assume Venom is gonna be in this movie? Okay we have Spidey in the black costume that we know turns out to be an alien symbiote but there is nothing to indicate that we'll see Eddie Brock merge with the symbiote to become Venom in this movie... for all we know they could be saving that for Spidey 4 and just setting up the whole thing with this movie? I'm not saying Venom won't appear, I want him in this movie as much as hte next fanboy, I'm just saying that until I see a picture of Venom I'm not going to get too excited about seeing him on the big screen just yet!

Leave a comment:

• Orange_Crush21
    replied
    Man, I can't wait for this movie to come out! I really enjoyed the first two.

Leave a comment:

• AZOmae
    replied
    I thought Electro was in this one. Oh well.

Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman......I thought Sandman would be someone bigger in size, like say, Vin Diesel or something.

And was that Topher Grace that I saw?

I'm going to research right away!!

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    I loved both of the Spiderman movies. Although they did the black suit wrong, it's forgiveable if the story's as good as the first two.

I'm nervous about Sandman, though.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Sam Raimi is a good director.

I began following him with his 'Evil Dead' series. Then onto Darkman and such.. He has done a very good job with these films and honestly I think this 3rd Spiderman will be very good. I very much enjoyed the Spiderman comics that had Venom and Carnage in it.

Leave a comment:

• SouthernBronco
    replied
    Looks Good. I want to see more of Venom.

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    I just watch it for Mary Jane. Kirsten Dunst is freakin hot with red hair.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X