• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Metallica song

Damn this song is awesome.

http://rapidshare.de/files/22441189/...n_6.6.mp3.html

cp's are accepted
    Go Huskers.

Oh, come on! Not one Metallica fan to pity me?
    Go Huskers.

Comment

I don't see a link on the page.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
        Oh, come on! Not one Metallica fan to pity me?
        oi

stop asking for cp's...

and i dont have any left...

im downloading it now...

and if its good ill owe a cp for tomoz...

sigpic

Comment

well ill give a cp for a good find...
          but the song is not the best thing that i have ever heard...

a little rough on the edges...

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I cannot stand Metallica.

Comment

The sound quality is too poor for me to make a judgement.

Bad bootlegs suck.

I will say this. It sounds more like their old stuff than anything has in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                The sound quality is too poor for me to make a judgement.

Bad bootlegs suck.

I will say this. It sounds more like their old stuff than anything has in 15 years.

That's exactly why I love it.

I'm still tired of the wah solos, though.
                Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
                  Sorry, I cannot stand Metallica.
                  Nor can I. I saw THE REAL METALLICA (Master of Puppets tour) open for Ozzy (Ultimate Sin Tour). Metallica was amazing that night (Jake E Lee killed, too!!).... and I'll always love "Kill 'em All", "Ride The Lightning", "Master of Puppets" and "Garage Days Re-visited"...... but half of "And Justice for All" and every bit of everything they've done since then sickens me.

They are nowhere near Metal and haven't been in ages...... CHANGE THE NAME!!!!

As a rock band, they have a lot of fans. I'm not a rock fan, but I'm OK with that. Change the name and all is forgiven. A Bob Seeger cover........ Cliff Burton is rolling over in his grave.

Sorry, but Metallica sets me off.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                    Nor can I. I saw THE REAL METALLICA (Master of Puppets tour) open for Ozzy (Ultimate Sin Tour). Metallica was amazing that night (Jake E Lee killed, too!!).... and I'll always love "Kill 'em All", "Ride The Lightning", "Master of Puppets" and "Garage Days Re-visited"...... but half of "And Justice for All" and every bit of everything they've done since then sickens me.

As a rock band, they have a lot of fans. I'm not a rock fan, but I'm OK with that. Change the name and all is forgiven. A Bob Seeger cover........ Cliff Burton is rolling over in his grave.

Half of "Justice"?

Interesting.

Which songs do not qualify as metal to you?

Comment

Good post. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        Half of "Justice"?

Interesting.

Which songs do not qualify as metal to you?
                        Half of Justice. Keep in mind that I was a HUGE Metallica fan since Kill 'em All (pure thrash....still love the album). Ride the Lightning was brilliant, and the Creeping Death EP was cool. Master of Puppets was their finest hour. They were amazing on the Master tour.

Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver album ranks along with the best debut albums of all time and Newsted's bass playing was spectacular. Garage Days was cool....whetted my appetite..... and I waited in line before a store opened the day Justice came out.

My first listen to Justice was a disappointment. The album was OK.... no horrible songs (other than 75% of "One"), but something was missing.... there was little aggression to be found. Try to imagine how fast and powerful I expected the followup to Master, with the addition of Newsted to be....... how hard I thought Metallica would push themselves to go BEYOND Master..... they were without question at the top of the Metal world when Master came out. Instead, they went in a different direction..... to be fair, that was their right, but, especially as a member of an extreme Metal band who was very inspired by their early works, I was utterly disappointed in Justice. Throw out their early stuff and it's OK. Otherwise....... Justice is quite underwhelming. Where in the hell is the BASS?? It got completely buried in the mix, though it wouldn't have made much of a difference. The album includes the very good (Dyer's Eve) and the woeful (One). I hated "One" from the first time I heard it..... was caught up in the debates back then.... Metallica said they'd never make a music video...... no big deal now, but it was at the time. They were young when they made the anti-video statements. Everyone else does it, so why not them?? One brought in a huge group of fans that hated early Metallica and left older fans like myself scratching our heads. The guitar on the album is OK.... the drums aren't.

Justice was still a Metal album (as long as it isn't compared to Master) , but it (and it's popularity) paved the way for them to become a Rock band. I knew it at the time, though I hoped they would change course for the better in the future.

The first time I heard "Enter Sandman" validated my thoughts. One of our guitarists brought a recording to practice.... we listened to it.... and laughed. Not a good sign.

As I said, Metallica is a Rock band. More power to them. I honestly have nothing against their success, but I have every right to turn on them for ignoring their original fans.

Judas Priest is my favorite band. The releases of Turbo and Ram It Down left me hating them. Turbo especially was geared for MTV and popularity. I had to be talked into buying their next studio album, Painkiller. From the opening moments of the title track, I was completely blown away by the album..... their heaviest in years.....perhaps their heaviest album ever. That is what I expect from Metal bands, even a band like Judas Priest that started out in the late 1960's.

Kirk Hammet's first band was Exodus. Exodus and Metallica were rival bay area bands in the beginning. Their debut albums were a good match (though I prefer Exodus' Bonded By Blood). Subsequent releases left Metallica pulling away by a large margin..... and Exodus disappearing for a time due to substance abuse issues, etc. Exodus made a comeback a few years ago with a return to their roots. Their new album, Shovelheaded Kill Machine, as the title implies, is not a rock album and, in fact, pushes them far beyond anything but their debut. Their new album is their fastest, though Bonded By Blood will always be their best.

Metallica has their fame and fortune (once again, more power to them, my only issue is the "METAL" in their name). Exodus has unleashed another skullcrushing album. I eat, live and breathe METAL, always have and always will.

I am not a Rock fan and never will be. There is nothing wrong with being a rock fan, it's just not for me.

I do, however, draw a line in the sand between rock and Metal. Metallica crossed that line years ago and there's (unfortunately) no going back.
                        Last edited by keithbishop; 07-01-2006, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Half of Justice. Keep in mind that I was a HUGE Metallica fan since Kill 'em All (pure thrash....still love the album). Ride the Lightning was brilliant, and the Creeping Death EP was cool. Master of Puppets was their finest hour. They were amazing on the Master tour.

Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver album ranks along with the best debut albums of all time and Newsted's bass playing was spectacular. Garage Days was cool....whetted my appetite..... and I waited in line before a store opened the day Justice came out.

My first listen to Justice was a disappointment. The album was OK.... no horrible songs (other than 75% of "One"), but something was missing.... there was little aggression to be found. Try to imagine how fast and powerful I expected the followup to Master, with the addition of Newsted to be....... how hard I thought Metallica would push themselves to go BEYOND Master..... they were without question at the top of the Metal world when Master came out. Instead, they went in a different direction..... to be fair, that was their right, but, especially as a member of an extreme Metal band who was very inspired by their early works, I was utterly disappointed in Justice. Throw out their early stuff and it's OK. Otherwise....... Justice is quite underwhelming. Where in the hell is the BASS?? It got completely buried in the mix, though it wouldn't have made much of a difference. The album includes the very good (Dyer's Eve) and the woeful (One). I hated "One" from the first time I heard it..... was caught up in the debates back then.... Metallica said they'd never make a music video...... no big deal now, but it was at the time. They were young when they made the anti-video statements. Everyone else does it, so why not them?? One brought in a huge group of fans that hated early Metallica and left older fans like myself scratching our heads. The guitar on the album is OK.... the drums aren't.

Justice was still a Metal album (as long as it isn't compared to Master) , but it (and it's popularity) paved the way for them to become a Rock band. I knew it at the time, though I hoped they would change course for the better in the future.

The first time I heard "Enter Sandman" validated my thoughts. One of our guitarists brought a recording to practice.... we listened to it.... and laughed. Not a good sign.

As I said, Metallica is a Rock band. More power to them. I honestly have nothing against their success, but I have every right to turn on them for ignoring their original fans.

Judas Priest is my favorite band. The releases of Turbo and Ram It Down left me hating them. Turbo especially was geared for MTV and popularity. I had to be talked into buying their next studio album, Painkiller. From the opening moments of the title track, I was completely blown away by the album..... their heaviest in years.....perhaps their heaviest album ever. That is what I expect from Metal bands, even a band like Judas Priest that started out in the late 1960's.

Kirk Hammet's first band was Exodus. Exodus and Metallica were rival bay area bands in the beginning. Their debut albums were a good match (though I prefer Exodus' Bonded By Blood). Subsequent releases left Metallica pulling away by a large margin..... and Exodus disappearing for a time due to substance abuse issues, etc. Exodus made a comeback a few years ago with a return to their roots. Their new album, Shovelheaded Kill Machine, as the title implies, is not a rock album and, in fact, pushes them far beyond anything but their debut. Their new album is their fastest, though Bonded By Blood will always be their best.

Metallica has their fame and fortune (once again, more power to them, my only issue is the "METAL" in their name). Exodus has unleashed another skullcrushing album. I eat, live and breathe METAL, always have and always will.

I am not a Rock fan and never will be. There is nothing wrong with being a rock fan, it's just not for me.

I do, however, draw a line in the sand between rock and Metal. Metallica crossed that line years ago and there's (unfortunately) no going back.

Wow. Great Post. I must say METALLICA also pissed me off. But I don't think you mentioned Cliff's passing and I think that was one of the reasons they became Rocktallica. Cliff would have probably punched them if they suggested videos, country songs, cutting hair and make up. I never understood why Zep did not continue after Bonaham passed away. Now it makes perfect sense. Metallica's last abum should have been Master !!! But to be honest I accepted Metallica up until Black Album. From there on it was over. Here's hoping they remember who they were!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco
                            Wow. Great Post. I must say METALLICA also pissed me off. But I don't think you mentioned Cliff's passing and I think that was one of the reasons they became Rocktallica. Cliff would have probably punched them if they suggested videos, country songs, cutting hair and make up. I never understood why Zep did not continue after Bonaham passed away. Now it makes perfect sense. Metallica's last abum should have been Master !!! But to be honest I accepted Metallica up until Black Album. From there on it was over. Here's hoping they remember who they were!!!
                            True. Cliff Burton remains one of my favorite bass players. While he could never truly be replaced, I thought Jason Newsted would bring an edge with him from Flotsam and Jetsam. Instead, he went from being one of the main songwriters in his band to having little or no input in Metallica's songwriting.

Rocktallica...... that has a better ring to it than Rockica, which is what I generally call them.

R.I.P. Cliff Burton and John Bonham.

Cool avatar....think I'll listen to "The Last In Line" now. Those were the days.....

Go to myspace. Under the search for Flotsam and Jetsam, the 2nd link ("Doomsday" album cover) has 4 tracks from their debut and every one of them is incredible.
                            Last edited by keithbishop; 07-01-2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X