Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Star Wars?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite Star Wars?

    Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace: I personally thought this one sucked. It was so boring I fell asleep. 4/10

    Star Wars - Episode II, Attack of the Clones: Was better than Episode I. I'd give it a 6.5/10

    Star Wars, Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: This is one of my two favorites. It ties everything together nicely. Also, the Obi-Wan/Anakin(Vader) lightsaber fight was the best(besides the Luke/Vader one in Episode VI). 9/10

    Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope: 8/10

    Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back: 8.8/10

    Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi: My other favorite. The Luke/Vader lightsaber battle was one of the best and the ending of the movie is one of the best endings ever. (I personally thought that if Padme was standing alongside Anakin when Luke saw Anakin,Obi-Wan,and Yoda would have made even better...but thats not possible because Padme wasnt a Jedi.) 9/10


    EDIT: I made the poll so you could pick more than one for you people(like me) who have more than one favorite.
    25
    Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace
    4.00%
    1
    Star Wars - Episode II, Attack of the Clones
    0.00%
    0
    Star Wars, Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    24.00%
    6
    Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope
    4.00%
    1
    Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    48.00%
    12
    Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    20.00%
    5
    Last edited by Skywalker; 07-06-2006, 11:39 AM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    The Empire Strikes Back is easily the best one of the bunch.

    It's superior to others in almost every conceivable way.

    The acting, the effects, directing and dialog were top notch here.

    They took a huge risk with a movie ending with a cliffhanger and it probably had the best reveal in movie history.

    Comment


    • #3
      Snowspeeder battle was incredible.

      But then again the space battle around the second Death Star was great too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - not very good at all. The best part about this movie was Darth Maul. But he was in this movie for like what? 10 minutes tops?

        Star Wars - Episode II: Attack Of The Clones - better than Episode I, but it still wasn't the "Star Wars" everyone loved. It looked too computer generated. I mean.. watch the other movies.. and watch the new ones. You'll think the prequels happened in an entire different galaxy far, far away from the originals.

        Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: - solid but not great. I thought the change to Darth Vader was way too fast. It was hard to believe Anakin was calling General Grievous a monster a few minutes earlier, then killing younglins a few minutes after.

        Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope: awesome movie. I thought the bar scene when Obi-Wan and Luke go looking for a pilot was one of the coolest scenes in any movie. Han rocks. I also loved the whole scene around the Death Star.

        Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back amazing movie. My favorite in the entire trilogy. Everything was better. I liked the Yoda and Luke scenes. They were done nicely.

        Star Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi: I thought this one lagged off a bit compared to the first two. But it was still a great movie. The final battle between Vader and Luke was nice, plus the whole celebration at the end was nice to see.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spyder
          Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - not very good at all. The best part about this movie was Darth Maul. But he was in this movie for like what? 10 minutes tops?

          Star Wars - Episode II: Attack Of The Clones - better than Episode I, but it still wasn't the "Star Wars" everyone loved. It looked too computer generated. I mean.. watch the other movies.. and watch the new ones. You'll think the prequels happened in an entire different galaxy far, far away from the originals.

          Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - solid but not great. I thought the change to Darth Vader was way too fast. It was hard to believe Anakin was calling General Grievous a monster a few minutes earlier, then killing younglins a few minutes after.

          Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope: awesome movie. I thought the bar scene when Obi-Wan and Luke go looking for a pilot was one of the coolest scenes in any movie. Han rocks. I also loved the whole scene around the Death Star.

          Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back amazing movie. My favorite in the entire trilogy. Everything was better. I liked the Yoda and Luke scenes. They were done nicely.

          Star Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi: I thought this one lagged off a bit compared to the first two. But it was still a great movie. The final battle between Vader and Luke was nice, plus the whole celebration at the end was nice to see.

          I agree with you on Episode III about Anakin turning way too fast....but what could they do? I mean he just helped kill Mace Windu...and they cant make the movie 4-5 hours long...
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TDforTatum26
            I agree with you on Episode III about Anakin turning way too fast....but what could they do? I mean he just helped kill Mace Windu...and they cant make the movie 4-5 hours long...
            Yeah, I understand that matter. It kind of made up for the quick turn by him looking like he was mad at the world to begin with.

            He always had an attitude and flirted with the Dark Side.

            I just think something should have been added to show more as to why he was ready to turn so fast.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spyder
              Yeah, I understand that matter. It kind of made up for the quick turn by him looking like he was mad at the world to begin with.

              He always had an attitude and flirted with the Dark Side.

              I just think something should have been added to show more as to why he was ready to turn so fast.

              I thought the Force connection between Padme and Anakin when he decided to keep Sidious alive was done nicely but yes I agree....there should have been something else.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with TDK, Empire strikes back was the best of all of them. I mean, when you have a movie that was made in the 80's comparable to the newer ones, that's saying something.

                I also think the enemy vehicles were superior in that one as well. Imperial walkers kicked ass!! I loved everything about that movie, the acting, the one-liners, characters, battles.....awesome!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Empire's my favorite, but as far as lightsaber battles go, darth maul's lightsaber battles with obi-wan and qui-gon were probably the most bada$$ and intense out of all lightsaber battles. Maybe even more so than obi-wan and anakin's? Some may make a debate that yoda's and dooku's were the best of all though??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, yikes. A thread where I could very easily exceed the character count if I got on a roll. I have to consider whether or not to break out my thoughts per movie as others have done.

                    One thing I'd like to add though, about RotS and the speed of Anakin's turning. The book does such a BETTER job at this, so much better. The book really is superlative in most respects to the movie. The other aspect it really excels is the beginning, where the author speaks of the heroism and legendary status of Obi-Wan and Anakin. That is utterly skipped over in the movie, and that is too bad because it really is an important concept in the GFFA.

                    Back to the original point, the book really shows his fall much better, even if it's fast for most people in there too. You'd just think such a thing would take longer. In some respects it does, and you could see the beginnings of that in AotC. Ultimately though, he falls for love, so read into that what you want.
                    Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.



                    Thanks, Snk16!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ESB the best by far, introduction of Yoda, Lukes training, Lando opening the door on BEspin and revealing Vader behind it at the table.... Luke vs Vader Sabre battle... it had action, intrigue, romance, great dialougue... and the AT ATs rules., plus you got to see the back of Vaders head inthe meditation chamber.

                      1 & 2 were just set up points for 3, 4 was good on it's own, but will loose something when viewed it the linear format of the trilogy, and 6 did a pretty fair job (albeit) quickly of tying up the loose ends...
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Eldritch
                        Oh, yikes. A thread where I could very easily exceed the character count if I got on a roll. I have to consider whether or not to break out my thoughts per movie as others have done.

                        One thing I'd like to add though, about RotS and the speed of Anakin's turning. The book does such a BETTER job at this, so much better. The book really is superlative in most respects to the movie. The other aspect it really excels is the beginning, where the author speaks of the heroism and legendary status of Obi-Wan and Anakin. That is utterly skipped over in the movie, and that is too bad because it really is an important concept in the GFFA.

                        Back to the original point, the book really shows his fall much better, even if it's fast for most people in there too. You'd just think such a thing would take longer. In some respects it does, and you could see the beginnings of that in AotC. Ultimately though, he falls for love, so read into that what you want.
                        Oh, yeah.

                        I've heard the book was alot better than the movie. I heard it really explained alot of things and put them more into concept.

                        Being the Star Wars geek that I am, I'll have to pick this book up.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Spyder
                          Oh, yeah.

                          I've heard the book was alot better than the movie. I heard it really explained alot of things and put them more into concept.

                          Being the Star Wars geek that I am, I'll have to pick this book up.

                          which book?




                          I bought one with Episode I,II,and III all in one book....its taken from George Lucas' script but yeah it has alittle more info.


                          lol there are so many books I get confused
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The official novelization of Revenge of the Sith.

                            The author employs many different writing styles. Normally, this is a no-no but somehow he makes it work.

                            Another aspect of the book that was far superior and comprehensive was the re-emergence of Qui-Gon. It was an afterthought at the end of the movie, but in the book it is the basis for a good deal of the rest of Obi-Wan's life.
                            Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.



                            Thanks, Snk16!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              The Empire Strikes Back is easily the best one of the bunch.

                              It's superior to others in almost every conceivable way.

                              The acting, the effects, directing and dialog were top notch here.

                              They took a huge risk with a movie ending with a cliffhanger and it probably had the best reveal in movie history.
                              You said it. Empire is the best. It improved on the original Star Wars thanks to a much bigger budget. But Lucas had not yet become obsessed with appealing to children.

                              It seemed to me that Empire was for adults and hopefully kids would enjoy it, too. From Jedi on it almost seemed as if Lucas was more concerned with making sure there were lots of fun characters for the kiddies than making a quality film that would still be mostly for adults. But that's just my take on the situation.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X