Finally Saw Avenged Sevenfold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Saw Avenged Sevenfold

So I finally got to see Avenged Sevenfold the other night. I was supposed to go to their last show, but thanks to a tail gating disaster, I ended up taking a $60 cab ride home while my friend was in De-tox (that's another story for another day).

A7X kicked a$$. The only drawback was that it was an 'Off-Ozzfest' date, and they were opening for Disturbed so their set was only about 45 minutes. However, they were all I expected them to be and more.

They brought the house down with an awesome cover of Walk by Pantera. Here's them playing Walk @ a different show, but it was pretty much the same in Denver. Any doubts I had about their live presence are gone. The Rev (their drummer) is frieking awesome-- he rocks the double bass, and is constantly spinning his sticks. Sinister on guitar is a throwback with lots of great solos...

Long story short, the show was awesome and M. Shadows (The lead singer) said they were gonna do another headlining trek in October so I'm lookin fwd to that

So did they play more of there old stuff or new? I pretty much hate city of evil but i like there older stuff from Sounding the 7th trumpet and waking the fallen though. so were there a bunch of like poser peoples that the only A7X song they know is bat country?

oh yeah I have the mp3 of that pantera cover. if you want it just add me on AIM and i'll send it to you.
    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
      So did they play more of there old stuff or new? I pretty much hate city of evil but i like there older stuff from Sounding the 7th trumpet and waking the fallen though. so were there a bunch of like poser peoples that the only A7X song they know is bat country?

oh yeah I have the mp3 of that pantera cover. if you want it just add me on AIM and i'll send it to you.
      See, although I could have done without the overplay of Bat Country & now Beast & the Harlot, City of Evil is still a great album IMO. Strength of the World is probably my favorite A7x song ever.

Anyway...

Since their set was so short they didn't get to play many songs at all... They opened with The Beast and the Harlot and closed with Bat Country, they also played Burn it Down & Seize the Day that I remember off of CoE. They did slip in Unholy Confessions which was awesome, plus Walk as I mentioned before...

I didn't really notice the crowd during A7x because I was so into the show, but I was surprised how many Disturbed fans there are still. Intersting mix, plus is was a KBPI sponsored show and you could get $10 tickets so there was all types- Posers, Bikers, Burnouts etc.

Comment

i cant believe i missed it, what a great day for the car to be in the shop

but if theres one in October im there

Comment

I'm jealous looking at the title, haha.

Just curious, did anyone get into A7X because of Madden 2004?

As for the Walk cover, I thought the vocals were really good, but the guitars were pretty weak and the bass was too loud.

Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7

As for the Walk cover, I thought the vocals were really good, but the guitars were pretty weak and the bass was too loud.

they were on Madden 06 as well

and no hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7

I can't tell if you were mocking my thumbs up or A7X... But either way you should be jealous

I got into them about the same time as Madden '04, my roommate bought the album because of Chapter 4.

As far as the Walk cover goes, I would have to agree with you about the bass & guitars being kinda weak-- It sounded better when I was in Denver, but then again I had been drinking a little bit (alot) so who knows how it really sounded. It's funny though because normally the Vocals are the weak link in A7x, but M. Shadows sounds alot like Phil Anselmo so that song works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                I can't tell if you were mocking my thumbs up or A7X... But either way you should be jealous

I got into them about the same time as Madden '04, my roommate bought the album because of Chapter 4.

As far as the Walk cover goes, I would have to agree with you about the bass & guitars being kinda weak-- It sounded better when I was in Denver, but then again I had been drinking a little bit (alot) so who knows how it really sounded. It's funny though because normally the Vocals are the weak link in A7x, but M. Shadows sounds alot like Phil Anselmo so that song works well.
                I wasn't making fun of you, I would KILL to see them.

I also bought the CD cuz of Chapter 4.

I definitely agree about the vocals on ''walk''
                Go Huskers.

Comment

IMO it's blasphemy to compare M. Shadows to phil. but to each his own. and i would of rather of been there for disturbed rather then A7X.
                  the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                    IMO it's blasphemy to compare M. Shadows to phil. but to each his own. and i would of rather of been there for disturbed rather then A7X.

Haha, you really have some sort of vendetta against Avenged don't you? That was my 2nd time seeing Disturbed, and while I like David & some of their stuff, I think Avenged was the better band there.

And I would agree that Phil is better than M. Shadows, but there styles aren't that different-- Phil has the better body of work, and had the best guitarist of all time on his side-- But they're both good screamers & have deep voices... Plus some of his later shows Phil would get so F'd up that his vocals would suffer.

Comment

Their new music blows. They sold out BIG time. Waking the Fallen is their best CD by far and away. The singing in their new "music" sounds like a whiney titty baby to me.
                      Originally posted by Soldier96B
                      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Haha, you really have some sort of vendetta against Avenged don't you? That was my 2nd time seeing Disturbed, and while I like David & some of their stuff, I think Avenged was the better band there.

And I would agree that Phil is better than M. Shadows, but there styles aren't that different-- Phil has the better body of work, and had the best guitarist of all time on his side-- But they're both good screamers & have deep voices... Plus some of his later shows Phil would get so F'd up that his vocals would suffer.
                        I don't really have a vendetta i just don't like them that much.
                        the space that is mine

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                          Their new music blows. They sold out BIG time. Waking the Fallen is their best CD by far and away. The singing in their new "music" sounds like a whiney titty baby to me.

Well you're certainly entitled to your own opinion... However, I think that they finally found some range to their music and wanted to emerge from the whole screaming metal genre which is somewhat limiting... I like Waking the Fallen, but I think City of Evil really established them as a band with versatility.

Comment

The main reason, they aren't screaming is cuz M. Shadows blew out his voice.
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

Working...
                            X