Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares and Dreamscapes

A new Horror anthology show begins tonight (Channel: TNT 8 PM -10 PM Central Time). I've watched seemingly every Horror anthology for the past several years and I hope this one will be entertaining. "Nightmares...." will show 2 1- hour long episodes on Wednesday nights over the next 4 weeks.

I've read that the 1st episode has no dialogue . Tonight's episodes are to have limited commercial interruption.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 07-12-2006, 04:40 AM.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Originally posted by keithbishop
    A new Horror anthology show begins tonight (Channel: TNT 8 PM -10 PM Central Time). I've watched seemingly every Horror anthology for the past several years and I hope this one will be entertaining. "Nightmares...." will show 2 1- hour long episodes over the next 4 weeks.

Sounds interesting.

I'll try and check it out.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it, and I like that limited commercials idea.

Comment

I remember reading some of the short storeis in Nightmares and Dreamscapes-- But that's een lik 10 years ago and I don't remember much.. I'll have to tune in and refresh my memory.

Comment

http://alt.tnt.tv/nightmares/nightmares.shtml

it looks pretty interesting

Comment

I might watch it because Mudvaynes fall into sleep is like the main theme song thing. and it's like my 3rd favorite song off of lost and found.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

I loved the first 2 episodes. Richard Matheson, who wrote the novel "I Am Legend" (A MUST READ!!!!) and the screenplays for "Trilogy of Terror" and about a million other movies wrote the teleplay for the 1st episode.

Nothing earthshattering, but it brought to mind some of the older anthologies. There was a great "cameo". For those who remember the made-for-TV "Trilogy of Terror" (with Karen Black) (I can't forget it.... the cameo "star" scared the hell out of me as a little boy), the doll from the best part of "Trilogy...", "He Who Kills" (from the Richard Matheson short story "Prey" ) was sitting on a shelf in the hit man's apartment. The doll got blown up last night, but I was delighted to see the cameo.

I enjoyed both episodes and am looking forward to the next 6.

No, this show isn't on par with Rod Serling's stuff, but it was pretty good entertainment, IMO. The little kid in me liked it.

Comment

I thought the episodes were ok. If you ever read Stephen Kings' short stories from "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" you'll see how he envisioned these ideas. Both of the episodes from last night showed a different point of view from the stories. To be honest, the second episode last night strayed so far from the short story that I barely recognized it.
                "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman
                  I thought the episodes were ok. If you ever read Stephen Kings' short stories from "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" you'll see how he envisioned these ideas. Both of the episodes from last night showed a different point of view from the stories. To be honest, the second episode last night strayed so far from the short story that I barely recognized it.

I haven't read "Nightmares and Dreamscapes", which is probably for the best in watching the episodes. I liked what I saw last night, but hopefully the upcoming episodes will be better. It's on basic cable, which thwarts accurate comparisons to HBO series, but I really miss "Tales From The Crypt" and "The Hitchhiker" .

Comment

I flipped it on like half way through after my baseball practice, I saw some guy just goin nuts on these army men lol.

I would have been freaked out.

I didn't watch the other episode though.
                    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X