Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost-season 2..last episode

Hey guys,well i just missed the very last episode of season 2

and iw as wondering would anybody have either the time,or a resource to show me a detailed recap of it...im afraid the recpas on the lost website are far far too vague!...and my friends tell me some very weird and deep stuff about which id like to no more of...cps on offer
    SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
    Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Hopefully, this is a comprehensive enough review:

The episode begins with the group of funeral-goers being distracted by the appearance of a sailboat moving towards the shore. Jack, Sawyer and Sayid make a mad dash to swim towards it, and then clamber aboard, with guns drawn. Their closer inspection of a closed hatch is met with gunfire, apparently from within the boat itself. Bullets are punching through the wooden structure ending with the clicking of an empty magazine, and a muttered oath from someone inside. They then open the hatch to reveal a drunk and otherwise surly Desmond, obviously upset about seeing Jack again. And upon seeing Jack, Desmond says "You!", the same thing Jack said upon seeing Desmond in the hatch for the first time in the episode Man of Science, Man of Faith.

Later, on the island, it is revealed that Desmond attempted to flee the island on his boat (steering a constant course due West for two weeks) but ended up right back where he started. He describes it as being trapped in a "bloody snowglobe".

The four-toed statue.Sayid comes up with a plan to use Desmond's sailboat for a flanking maneuver on the Others. Sayid, joined by Jin and Sun (since Sayid does not know how to sail) intend to use the boat to reach the Others' camp on the north side of the island, before Michael's party gets there. Sayid will then scout the area and set a signal fire when the coast is clear. Along their journey, they see what appears to be the mysterious remains of a gigantic statue, a giant left foot with, disturbingly, only four toes. Desmond describes Michael's trip to the north side of the island as "off to see the hostiles (are you)".

Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks involving Desmond's past ensues: his release from a military prison complete with dishonorable discharge; a meeting with Charles Widmore, who is the father of Desmond's estranged girlfriend Penelope; Mr. Widmore attempting to bribe Desmond to stay away from Penelope; Desmond ending up in the United States, where he meets a normal Libby in a conservative hairstyle. Desmond laments that he needs a boat, and Libby tells him that her husband David had died a month earlier, leaving her his own boat, which he had named after her, Elizabeth. She offers Desmond her deceased husband's boat so that he can enter a race around the world sponsored by Charles Widmore himself. During another flashback, Desmond stops at a stadium and is met by Penelope (Jack can be seen in the background). When Penelope asks Desmond what he is running from, Desmond says that "he needs to get his honor back", and that is what he is "running to".

In the jungle, Michael's group encounters what looks like a large green bird. The bird swoops down on them, and according to Hurley (and the closed-caption subtitles), squawks his name. Michael tries to shoot it, but finds that his gun is unloaded. Jack lies, saying they must have forgotten to load it, but Michael becomes suspicious.

Midway to the meeting with the Others, Kate spots two people following them. She and Sawyer open fire; Sawyer manages to kill one of them as the other frantically runs off. Jack then reveals that the Others already know that they are coming and that Michael is the reason they know this. He confronts Michael with this revelation before the other survivors, and Michael confesses that he did indeed kill Ana Lucia and Libby (accidentally) as part of his deal with the Others. He says that they promised to return Walt to him in exchange for Jack, Sawyer, Hugo and Kate. The group then turns their anger to Jack when he admits he had chosen to keep knowledge of the ambush to himself in order to evade suspicion from the Others, remarking "We wouldn't be out here if I didn't have a plan." An emotional Hurley attempts to turn back after he questions Michael about Libby's death, but is stopped by Jack.

In another flashback, Desmond's early time on the island is revealed. While sailing through a storm, he gets knocked unconscious. Later, a man in a yellow bio-hazard suit finds him and brings him to The Swan. The man asks Desmond if "he is him" and then asks the snowman riddle. Realizing Desmond is not his replacement, the man introduces himself as Kelvin Inman. At this point, the computer begins beeping. Kelvin types in the numbers and the timer resets. Desmond asks "what was that all about" and Kelvin replies "just saving the world".

Desmond spends time in the Hatch watching the film and is told by Kelvin that Radzinsky (his former partner) made some edits at various points. Kelvin also teaches Desmond how to fake a lockdown, during which Kelvin paints the map seen by Locke in "Lockdown". He then tells Desmond that his partner killed himself one night. When Desmond asks if he can go outside, Kelvin replies "no".
    Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

continued...

Sayid, Sun, and Jin reach the Others' camp before Michael's party. Sayid climbs to the camp, and finds the huts abandoned. Sayid finds the door to the Others' DHARMA station, but finds that it is only a mock door leading to a small cave, about the size of a walk-in closet.

Elsewhere, Locke is fighting with what he thought was the faith that would pull them all through this. After seeing the Pearl station for himself, he cannot believe that the island was ever what he had perceived it as. He meets Desmond and explains his lament to him, along with the conviction that not pushing the button will have no effect on anything. They lock Eko out of the control room. Locke is insistent on not pushing the button.

Desmond then has a flashback about Kelvin Inman under the floor of the control (button) room with a key and keylock marked "CAUTION: SYSTEM TERMINATION". Kelvin was drunk at the time, and he did not have the gumption to turn the key. Kelvin informs Desmond about the purpose of the button, telling him that the unspecified "incident" caused the electromagnetic waves behind the wall to build up every 108 minutes. The button is pushed to temporarily discharge the built-up magnetism. Later, as Kelvin prepares to go outside, Desmond discovers that he is being deceived, and that Kelvin was repairing Desmond's boat under the guise of his environmental suit. Desmond follows him out and becomes enraged and accidentally smashes Kelvin's head against a rock, apparently killing him. He takes the key and sprints back to the hatch where the countdown has reached zero. Alarms are sounding with "SYSTEM FAILURE" and that same phrase is also on the monitor as Desmond desperately struggles to input the number sequence. The entire island begins trembling as though at the center of an earthquake. Some of the metal objects in The Swan's living room fall over and move toward the magnetic wall. He finally enters the full sequence and it stops.

Sawyer looks on as Hurley inspects the pneumatic tube containers.Trekking still further, the meeting party stops when Kate sees a large mound of plastic containers in front of a tube protruding from the ground. Upon closer inspection, we see that they are actually the pneumatic tube containers with the notebooks from The Pearl. Clearly, there are several years' worth of notebooks that have ended up at the end of the tube in the middle of the island. Sawyer finds Locke's copy of the Blast Door map and hands it to Jack. As they are speculating about the pile, they see Sayid's black smoke signal, but it is miles away. Jack yells at Michael for leading them so far from the shore, accusing him of leading them into a trap. Michael replies that it was the "only way". As they talk, Sawyer is shot in the neck with a dart and hits the ground in a convulsive state. Hurley freezes, Michael looks around, and Kate and Jack run for it. Kate is shot with a dart, and then so is Jack. They are taken prisoner by the Others.

Back at the hatch, Eko escapes through the original hatchway that was blasted off. We see the quarantine door lying next to the opening as Eko emerges. He makes his way to the beach and finds Charlie. He asks Charlie how the hatch was opened. Upon explaining about the use of dynamite, Eko insists that Charlie help him get the dynamite so that he can blast through the blast door to get to the button. Meanwhile, Locke gives Desmond the printout from The Pearl and Desmond frantically scrutinizes the logs. He asks Locke when they got to the island and finds out that there was a system failure on that very day, presumably at the very time the plane crashed. He confesses that he believes he brought Flight 815 down with the system failure, the build-up of electromagnetism pulled the plane down out of the sky. Locke is doubtful and still believes that nothing will happen. Outside the blast door, Eko rigs the dynamite he found from one of the backpacks left behind in Exodus; Part II as Charlie pleads with both Locke and Eko. The fuse is lit and it detonates. Desmond becomes frantic as the timer reaches zero. He tries to input the numbers, but Locke smashes the monitor assuring him nothing will happen. He opens the blast doors and runs to the bookshelf.

The captives and the Others walk down a pier. The pier has a "Pala Ferry" sign on the roof. The four captives are made to kneel and their hoods are removed. Kate tells Mr. Friendly she knows his beard is fake and he removes it. Ms. Klugh mistakenly reveals his name as Tom. He reciprocates by revealing her name as Bea. A boat pulls up and "Henry Gale" gets off. He greets them and asks Tom about his beard. Henry appears to have some authority over the Others gathered on the pier, based on Tom's seemingly nervous reply that they already know it is fake. He explains that Michael can leave. Walt is aboard the boat and that Michael should steer a heading of 325 to be rescued. Before Michael leaves, he asks Henry, "Who are you people?" Henry answers, "We're the good guys." Michael and Walt leave. Hurley is untied and told that he must leave and that his job is to tell the survivors of the crash not to travel to this side of the island. Henry then tells the other prisoners that they will be "going home" with the Others.

Desmond has a flashback to opening a book where an envelope falls out. It is from Penelope and was written before he entered prison. It explains that she will always wait for him. He becomes enraged and starts to tear the room apart when suddenly he hears someone pounding on a wall and screaming. He looks up to the where the hatch is and then shines a light up toward it. Locke is seen peering through the porthole into the newly discovered hatch. The flashback ends and Desmond is now frantically looking for the same book right in the middle of a system failure. The Swan is falling apart, with everything metallic in the station being attracted to the magnetic wall. Light objects (such as cutlery) are followed by increasingly heavier devices, such as the washing machine, and the structure itself starts to shake. The Swan's familiar timer, now displaying all hieroglyphs, is crumpled inward by the magnetic pressure.

Desmond turning the key to initialize the system terminationCharlie, his hearing dimmed by the explosion, staggers around trying to help Eko. However, they are separated. Eko finds Locke, and a disturbed Locke says, "I was wrong." Below, Desmond, remembers what Penelope told him in the letter as he repeats it in his mind. "I love you Penny," He murmurs before inserting the key. The sky above the island turns into an eerie, violet-white glow as a loud droning noise makes the islanders cover their ears. Slowly, the noise and brilliant light disappear. As the lostaways regain their senses, the quarantine hatch door falls out of the sky like a missile, embedding itself in the beach just feet away from Claire and Bernard.

Back on the pier, Jack and Kate trade knowing looks, seemingly contemplating resistance or a premeditated plan, and Sawyer watches with an angry expression. But before they can put any immediate plan into action, the Others pull hoods over the heads of the three captives.

At the beach, night begins to fall. Charlie and Claire have a tender moment as he begins to tell her about what happened in the Hatch. "You want to hear the part where I was almost killed by a flying fireball," Charlie jokes, "or the part about the flying fork?" They kiss. The camera pans up towards the night sky as the scene fades to black, as if the episode has ended. But then...

A jolting cut takes us to arctic snow swirling in howling wind. As the camera pulls back we find ourselves looking out a window from a cramped research or monitoring outpost. Two men, bundled against the cold, chide each other in Portuguese while playing chess. One of the men leaps from his seat when he notices a red light has been blinking on one of the computers. The screen displays the number 7418880 (the result of multiplying all of The Numbers together) and a dialog box that reads "electromagnetic anomaly detected."

"We've missed it again!" yells one of the men as the other desperately rummages through their work area. Frantically, they begin dialing a number into a yellow phone.

Somewhere else in the world, a phone sitting on a nightstand beside a bed begins to ring. Next to the phone is a photo of Desmond and Penelope, identical to the photo Desmond had been carrying around on the Island. Penelope answers the phone, and we hear a voice on the other end say in broken English, "Miss Widmore, I think we've found it." Before Penelope can react, the scene cuts to black and the second season comes to an end.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Thanks a bunch dude,i owe you a few...how very confusing....but now we basically know the end right?

Born-1990
        Got ipod- 2004

Comment

It is confusing, even if you're watching. Hopefully you'll be able to see it in reruns before the new season starts.

The second finale did much better than the first season finale in answering questions. It put some things to bed but also asked some more. It was much more fulfilling than the first.

Things picked up pace-wise and I think that's smart. I think the third season is going to be a barn burner. There's lots going on.

One of my great frustrations with the show though is that the 'good guys' can never get a step ahead. I want Jack and the group to go one up once in a while, but so far they are being out thought and out played. Hopefully that will change.

Alan, have you been doing the 'Lost Experience' at all?

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Yea your right there i guess,just now we know why they are there and what the island is...and why they cant get away from it...

No i havent been doing it..,at least i dont think so,what is it?

Born-1990
            Got ipod- 2004

Comment

Originally posted by alan
              No i havent been doing it..,at least i dont think so,what is it?
              It's huge.

Essentially, its a thing the Lost people are doing to tie fans over for the summer. It's an online adventure kind of thing, about the Hanso Corporation and the Dharma Initiative. Through the 'official' Hanso website and numerous others (blogs, activists' pages, etc.) you gain passwords and follow clues to learn more about what the organization is REALLY up to. It's very, very intricate and sophisticated, so much so I lost interest. But, there are sites around that catalogue all the goings-on that I go to to get the new information. I can point you in the right direction, if you're interested.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Dude that would be cool,but did i miss something becuase i also do not recall what the hanso thing was...and oh yea whats your opinion on that arctic monitoring station?

Born-1990
                Got ipod- 2004

Comment

Working...
                X