No announcement yet.

Firelfy goes HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the thread is up, I'll declare myself a Firefly convert! I picked up the series from Amazon, and OMG it is sooooooo good. Darn shame it didn't get promoted well.

Thanks for the recommendation TDK, you were right.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
      While the thread is up, I'll declare myself a Firefly convert! I picked up the series from Amazon, and OMG it is sooooooo good. Darn shame it didn't get promoted well.

Thanks for the recommendation TDK, you were right.

No problem!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        Let me know what you think.

Although every episode is good, it really turns it up a notch at episode 6 (Our Mrs Reynolds) and onward.

Just watched the pilot along with episodes 2 and 3 (disc 1 of the series)

I have to say, it's better than I anticipated. I have already seen the movie but I think the series is a little better... The pilot wasn't great in my opinion and I thought the acting was a little lacking but it got way better with each episode....of course I didn't mind seeing Morena Baccarin either....... :dance:

I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes which should be here in a couple days. One thing I was curious about and maybe it was the disc I had but every so often the characters would speak in chinese with no translation and I was pretty much baffled by this......

"Gorram Reavers...."

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
          Just watched the pilot along with episodes 2 and 3 (disc 1 of the series)

I have to say, it's better than I anticipated. I have already seen the movie but I think the series is a little better... The pilot wasn't great in my opinion and I thought the acting was a little lacking but it got way better with each episode....of course I didn't mind seeing Morena Baccarin either....... :dance:

I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes which should be here in a couple days. One thing I was curious about and maybe it was the disc I had but every so often the characters would speak in chinese with no translation and I was pretty much baffled by this......

"Gorram Reavers...."

It gets better. :thumb:

Yeah, Firefly takes place 500 years in the future where the 2 major world powers (The United States and China) joined to form The Alliance.

Humans had to leave Earth many years ago and they found a "Planet Village". A solar system with dozens of planetary bodies capable of being teraformed.

The inner planets of the system make up "The Core". Where the Alliance and all the rich and "civilized" people live. The outer planets is mostly where the crew of Serenity operates. It is poor with few resources, but away from Alliance control.

The swearing kinda allows the characters to swear without swearing. Even though you don't know what there saying, you can understand what they mean.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the show.

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
          X