Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Fans Unite: Favorite Star Trek Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Fans Unite: Favorite Star Trek Captain?

Who is your favorite Star Trek Captain?

My favorite was Jean Luc Picard.

-------
    Captain James T. Kirk 1966-1969 Original Series

Captain Jean-Luc Picard 1987-1994 Next Generation

Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko 1993-1999 Deep Space Nine

Captain Kathryn Janeway 1995-2001 Voyager

Captain Jonathan Archer 2001-2005 Enterprise
    Captain James T. Kirk
    20.00%
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    63.33%
    Captain Benjamin Sisko
    13.33%
    Captain Kathryn Janeway
    3.33%
    Captain Johnathon Archer
    0.00%
    Last edited by Emancipator; 08-30-2006, 04:11 PM.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

For those Trekkies.

What did the "T" in James T. Kirk stand for?
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
      For those Trekkies.

What did the "T" in James T. Kirk stand for?
      Tiberius !!!
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Now to answer the question...

In the Original Series, I'm afraid that a lot of the episodes seemed like they were trying really hard to make a comedy and just left me scratching my head. Though, there were some episodes which I'll never forget (Space Seed has always been my favorite episode). Now, the Kirk from the Films was not included. So, out of the Star Trek series that were on Television (that I watched) I would have to go with Picard.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Benjamin Sisko was my favorite Captain and Deep Space Nine was my favorite series of the Treks.

The Next Generation used to be my favorite but after buying all the series on DVD and watching them, I discovered I liked Deep Space Nine quite a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
            Tiberius !!!
            Correct you are.
            Strong name that Tiberius is. :thumb:
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

I used to stay up and watch Star Trek TNG every night after the news when I was in highschool with my uncle. We then would watch Monty Python and stay up playing chess until I didn't get to bed until 3AM.

Anyway, Picard is who I like the best.

I kind of grew up with TNG, so it's my favourite.

I like DS9, too. It was interesting because it was always political, but Sisko just wasn't as good a captain as Picard.

Kirk was an interesting character, but I really just don't like the original series as much as the newer ones.

I never liked Janeway. She just doesn't seem to be a pleasant woman. She seemed adequate as a captain, but that wasn't one of my favourite Star Trek shows.

I actually like Archer as a character, but I can't get over the thought that I keep expecting him to leap into a Chimps body or something. And, I have only watched a few of the episodes from that series unlike the others. I don't like what they did with that vulcan woman who is too emotional and falls in love with that first officer or something.

They needed a sexy person to play the part of the Diana Troy or the Dax's or 7 or 9. Really though, a vulcan was just a poor choice for that role.

I've been meaning to download that show to really watch it and judge it from scratch.
              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

my grandma is a fan,not me

Comment

Worf, captain of the Defiant!!

Okay, okay. Picard. Hands down.
                  Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisturbedBronco
                    my grandma is a fan,not me
                    Your grandma must totally rock.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I liked TNG, but I loved the 'darker' flavour of DS9 and the long story arcs that it ran, which probably has a bearing on Sisko being my favourite commander, if only for the moment where he decked Q

Trivia: How many officers have actually been seen on screen as Captain of the Enterprise?
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                        Trivia: How many officers have actually been seen on screen as Captain of the Enterprise?
                        I have no idea, but beware of the trick question. I mean Bougamel from Beverly Hills Cop was Captain there for a while, for heaven's sake.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
                          I have no idea, but beware of the trick question. I mean Bougamel from Beverly Hills Cop was Captain there for a while, for heaven's sake.
                          No trick, just officers that have officially commanded the Enterprise as Captain. No tricks with time travel.

Ronny Cox played Captain Edward Jellico in the 2-part episode Chain Of Command, which was one of my favourite TNG episodes
                          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                            No trick, just officers that have officially commanded the Enterprise as Captain. No tricks with time travel.
                            What about acting captains? That would include Riker, Data, and even the little co-captain kids.

Ronny Cox played Captain Edward Jellico in the 2-part episode Chain Of Command, which was one of my favourite TNG episodes
                            That was one of my least favorites, for some reason.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

One thing was certain about all Star Trek episodes; it wasn't good to be the ensign going with the away team or going on the missions in the Runabouts.

If you were an ensign (other than Crusher) you knew you were going to be killed in the episodes.
                              Emancipate your mind!
                              The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                              X