The WORST movie you've ever seen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm onviously not going to tell you two what should be in your list of favorite or least favorite movies. Especially without knowing what all you've seen.

I'm just curious what y'all thought was so bad about it?

I just have a hard time believing after many of the movies listed in this thread that Transformers 2 falls into that same category of awe fullness for you.

Although if you have the common sense to avoid most of those movies based on trailers that look awful then you would easily avoid most of the worst movies ever made.

I myself have not been successful about avoiding some complete disasters. So a movie like Transformers wouldn't even hit my top 100 worst of all time.

But again that's just me and I don't have a clue what you guys tastes are or what all you have seen.

Just a surprise to me to see it mentioned is all.
    I've seen most of the movies that have been mentioned in this thread. To me, there's a difference between a movie that's annoying to where it's unwatchable, and a movie that's so bad and cheesy it's hilarious/fun to watch.

Something like Alone in the Dark, Troll 2, or even Batman & Robin fits that category for me. They're obviously bad movies but the thing is they were meant to be bad.

I'm just curious what y'all thought was so bad about it?
    Baaically everything that's well documented. The characters, unnecessary scenes, dialogue, runtime, and the huge plot holes. Again, I liked the first one, but the 2nd and 3rd are embarrassing.

Just my :2cents:...

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      I've seen most of the movies that have been mentioned in this thread. To me, there's a difference between a movie that's annoying to where it's unwatchable, and a movie that's so bad and cheesy it's hilarious/fun to watch.

Something like Alone in the Dark, Troll 2, or even Batman & Robin fits that category for me. They're obviously bad movies but the thing is they were meant to be bad.

Baaically everything that's well documented. The characters, unnecessary scenes, dialogue, runtime, and the huge plot holes. Again, I liked the first one, but the 2nd and 3rd are embarrassing.

Just my :2cents:...
      This plus, unnecessary explosions, overdriven CGI, female eye candy, mind numbing plot, and random unnecessary lens flares.

There just isn't anything about the series that I like. It's attempts at humor are really poor, hell my favorite part in the entire series in terms of humor, was when Optimus introduced Jazz. I'm not a fan of teen humor and overly immature things, ala Robot with testicles.

I don't include Avatar as one of the worst movies ever, but whenever I can't sleep. I'd put in Avatar or a Transformers movie because they always put me to sleep.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Saw Pacific Rim the other day.

I would qualify it as one of the top ten worst movies I've ever seen. The cliches....endless. Movies built on CGI always fall short when they can't back it up with good 'ol fashioned story telling.

Hollywood seems to produce movies now with a formula based on demographics and studies. Movies like Pacific Rim give the viewer the impression that the movie was designed to produce a titillating trailer, and that's about it.

I've noticed the trend in recent years to merge the "guy movies" with "chick flicks". Violence, unrealistic over the top stunts and action. Now add a tough 105 sexy woman with an attitude and the apparent strength of ten men, show a relationship blossoming and you have the demographics covered.

They don't make many big budget niche movies anymore. Everything has been homogenized to bring broad appeal, maximizing profits. People have asked in recent years why Hollywood can't come up with original ideas.

Well, it's not that simple. You see, most movies don't make their money via the box office. International DvD sales are the main money maker for studios. Due to language barriers, internationally recognizable titles/imagery are key to grabbing these dollars in foreign markets.

The guy in Beijing will grab the DvD case with Batman on it, and ignore the imagery he doesn't recognize.
        sigpic
        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          I suppose I could say... Apollo 13.
          I'm curious about this one...
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

The 51st State. I think it's because I'm from Liverpool and know this city like the back of my hand, but it was really easy for me to pick up on the continuity errors (geographical especially), also the actors who aren't from Liverpool (Rhys Ifans springs to mind) mimicked scouse accents to the point where I was almost offended! The only redeeming quality was seeing my city on a big screen, but I see most famous Liverpool landmarks in person every day, so that soon wore thin.
            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
            X