Favorite new series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite new series

There seem to be a lot of intriguing TV shows making an entrance into the ratings gridiron...what is your favorite, or looks most promising to you?

I'm a total nerd so I dig sci-fi and comic-y (minus the cheesy one liners) type stuff and wouldn't you know it, Heroes seemed like series that has some potential to be good, I just hope they don't go too formulaic with it and turn it into some sort of cheap Marvel knock off....

..I also caught every episode of the new Blade series...

Blade is definitely interesting!!! Battlestar Galactica is pretty cool BUT Starbuck really gets on my nerves, she acts soooooooo damn annoying
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I like Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

I tuned out to Blade after the third episode, I wasn't feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        I like Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

I tuned out to Blade after the third episode, I wasn't feeling it.
        Yeah I kinda know what you mean in regards to Blade, it took off rather slow. It is much better now, or perhaps I am biased towards the show being that Geoff Johns is a consultant to the Show (I have met him a few times). I am a big fan of his work of the NEW Green Lantern Comic Book.
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I am going to continue to watch Hero till it turns out to be crap

Comment

Battlestar Galactica rocks, though it's hard to call it a new show, starting it's 4th season I agree 100% on Starbuck, annoying. The characters are not flat like the original series though, I'll say that.

Supernatural is very cool also

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
              Yeah I kinda know what you mean in regards to Blade, it took off rather slow. It is much better now, or perhaps I am biased towards the show being that Geoff Johns is a consultant to the Show (I have met him a few times). I am a big fan of his work of the NEW Green Lantern Comic Book.
              Sweet! A GL fan! I didn't think that anymore existed!
              All my pals thought I was weird for liking him, but he was one of my favorite DC characters.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
                Battlestar Galactica rocks, though it's hard to call it a new show, starting it's 4th season I agree 100% on Starbuck, annoying. The characters are not flat like the original series though, I'll say that.

Actually it's only starting it's 3rd season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynx13
                  Sweet! A GL fan! I didn't think that anymore existed!
                  All my pals thought I was weird for liking him, but he was one of my favorite DC characters.

I'm a fan of Green Lantern also. But I think for other reasons. When I was about 16, my ex worked at a sports card/comic book store. And for our 1 month anniversary (yea dating for a month ) he gave me a Green Lantern replica ring. LMBO!! I still have it packed away somewhere.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Not a new show, but it IS a new season. HBO's "The Wire" is by far my favorite. I tend to give all of their shows a shot simply because I dont have a DVR and I hate getting bombarded with commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      Actually it's only starting it's 3rd season.
                      Now, that's what I thought at first, but then I got confused thinking about season "finale" episodes.

What am I missing?

1: ended with Adama getting shot
                      2: ended with Galactica and Pegasus fighters squaring off
                      3: ended with Cylons coming to New Caprica

I'm confused, but that should make this season 4 shouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
                        Now, that's what I thought at first, but then I got confused thinking about season "finale" episodes.

What am I missing?

1: ended with Adama getting shot
                        2: ended with Galactica and Pegasus fighters squaring off
                        3: ended with Cylons coming to New Caprica

I'm confused, but that should make this season 4 shouldn't it?

2 and 3 are the same season, they just took a long break.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Season 3 premiers October 6th

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                          I'm a fan of Green Lantern also. But I think for other reasons. When I was about 16, my ex worked at a sports card/comic book store. And for our 1 month anniversary (yea dating for a month ) he gave me a Green Lantern replica ring. LMBO!! I still have it packed away somewhere.
                          I hope it was of decent quality and not just comparable to a crackerjack toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynx13
                            I hope it was of decent quality and not just comparable to a crackerjack toy.

It was total crackerjack toy. Was a total joke, but held onto it.
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I've been OD'ing on Veronica Mars(bad idea cos 3rd season has only just started)

Have also got Grey's Anatomy to watch, and have just bought Supernatural.

Love the new Galatica, the Cylons are awesome!
                              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                              I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
                              X