Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Woo Brings Metroid To The Big Screen

From Comingsoon:

John Woo has optioned Nintendo's best-selling video game franchise Metroid for the big screen, says The Hollywood Reporter. Woo will produce the sci-fi movie and has the option to direct. Terence Chang and Brad Foxhoven will share production responsibilities. Lion Rock Productions' Suzanne Zizzi also is attached to the project.

The plan is to release the first film before 2006. The movie will center on the origins of the game's female protagonist, sexy bounty hunter Samus Aran, and relate her adventures battling the insidious life-sucking Metroids and their controlling force, Mother Brain.

"We have to assume the mainstream audience is unfamiliar with the property," Foxhoven said. "As for the rest of the film, we will stay true to the game and have Samus battling the Metroids and Mother Brain in a fight for control of the galaxy."

Nintendo will unveil its eighth "Metroid" game, "Metroid Prime 2," at its E3 press conference May 11.

I remember playing the original metroid on the nes system when i was younger, it was pretty cool back then. I think as far as a metroid movie being made, it might work? Though i don't think john woo's style of directing is suitable for that type of film. I hope it doesn't turn out like wing commander! Sheesh!!! Although if woo would cast jennifer connelly for the lead role, then my interest might accelerate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
      I remember playing the original metroid on the nes system when i was younger, it was pretty cool back then. I think as far as a metroid movie being made, it might work? Though i don't think john woo's style of directing is suitable for that type of film. I hope it doesn't turn out like wing commander! Sheesh!!! Although if woo would cast jennifer connelly for the lead role, then my interest might accelerate!
      Indeed

Comment

i'd see it. but i wonder what would be going on in it. i mean, if it is much like the game, samus would just be running around by herself the whole time. no dialog.
        since the movie will definately be less than 3 hours long, and i'm sure she'll win, we should get to see her in a bikini at the end though! yay!*

*you'd have to play the game to know what i'm talking about here
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I hope it doesn't turn out like wing commander! Sheesh!!!
          or super mario bros. shudder
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Wait a second! Metroid? Metroid Prime?! I love that game! It should be an awesome movie!!!

But lets just say Im not jumping ahead of myself here.
            The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

I tell ya what game adaption i think would work on film, contra! Now, the first 2 contra games (contra and Super C.)rocked back in their day. As far as the metroid movie, i hope that woo keeps his trademark doves out of it, they would have no place in the film. That would look silly seeing flying doves in space!

Comment

I tell ya what game adaption i think would work on film, contra! Now, the first 2 contra games (contra and Super C.)rocked back in their day. As far as the metroid movie, i hope that woo keeps his trademark doves out of it, they would have no place in the film. That would look silly seeing flying doves in space!
                True.

Maybe he'll replace them with flying Jellyfish.
                I don't think that will lokk as poetic.

Comment

I hear now, that studios are seeking kristanna loken (TX) to play the lead role! Not a bad choice, I myself had thought jennifer connelly would play the role well, kate beckinsale would do fine also. She was cool in underworld.
                  Last edited by Tony; 06-07-2004, 10:11 AM.

Comment

, kate beckinsale would do fine also. She was cool in underworld.

I think they should have renamed that movie to How I hid half of my face behind my hair for the whole movie by some British chick. But on second thought, that might be too long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      I think they should have renamed that movie to How I hid half of my face behind my hair for the whole movie by some British chick. But on second thought, that might be too long.
                      LOL good one!

Although Kate is a fine woman! She was hot in Underworld and even finer in Van Helsing!

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

Working...
                      X