Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do--They should be mailing them out to us on Monday or Tuesday since we returned the last batch yesterday...Which means I'll get it Tuesday or Wednesday (God I love Netflix...I haven't even been to a movie rental place in over a year!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
      Will do--They should be mailing them out to us on Monday or Tuesday since we returned the last batch yesterday...Which means I'll get it Tuesday or Wednesday (God I love Netflix...I haven't even been to a movie rental place in over a year!!!)
      Yeah, Netflix is pretty awesome. We actually got sick of watching movies because the turnaround was so fast for us. We found ourselves watching 3 - 5 movies a week until we burned out. We cancelled a few months ago and are just now getting the urge to start up Netflix again.

I saw Firefly from the start in the screwed up order that FOX aired them but I was still hooked after the first aired episode, 'Train Job.' FOX felt the pilot, 'Serenity,' didn't have enough action and was too slow due to the introduction of the characters. While I agree that the pacing is a bit slower than most of the episodes, I still wish I'd seen the pilot first.

I really hope you like it, BlueDamsel. Judging from your witty nature on this board, I feel fairly confident you will.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Witty Nature? Me? huh?

Robb's going to be shocked to see that I ordered a sci-fi thing without any prodding from him!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          The word 'worst' has a negative connotation to it and, in my opinion, there wasn't a single bad episode. Perhaps it should be phrased as the "least wonderful" or "not quite as fantastic as the others but still pretty damned great."
          LOL. I see you working, Jav. For me, I think the least wonderful episode was "Heart of Gold." Don't get me wrong, it had its moments but it seemed too cliche and predictable.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from "Serenity" (avert your eyes, Blue Damsel):

Zoe: "If they (reavers) take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Sure it's a bit morbid, but I found it pretty funny.
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Working...
          X