--- Artist ? ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- The island of St. Martin is French --- I was hoping frenchfan might know ---

--- Thanks JAWS !!!

---

I have no clue AZ... :brick:

BTW, St. Martin is not fully french ... It's half french and half netherlands...
    Do you think the status is old ?
    I'll make some reseaches ...
    Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
      Hello AZ.

I finally found one just like yours, I believe...here it is...

figurine

Lalique, René (Jules)

Enamel, glass, and topaz hair ornament and brooch by Lalique, 1900; in the Victoria and Albert … (credit: Courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London)(born April 6, 1860, Ay, Fr.-died May 5, 1945, Paris) French jeweler and glassmaker. Trained in Paris and London, he opened his own firm in Paris in 1885 and soon acquired clients such as Sarah Bernhardt. Reacting against machine-produced jewelry featuring precious gems, he designed elegant and fantastic jewelry with less conventional gemstones (tourmaline, cornelian, etc.) and materials such as horn. His designs contributed significantly to the Art Nouveau movement and later the Art Deco movement. His interest in architectural glass led him to develop the style of molded glass for which he is famous, characterized by iced surfaces, elaborate patterns in relief, and occasionally applied or inlaid colour.
      For more information on Lalique, René (Jules), visit Britannica.com.
      I bet you derserve the CP Wifey... :clap: ...

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

AZ... You should have asked me a question of Britian Pop Rock bands (and one in particulary, I know you'll guess... )

But nevermind... Frenchie's girlies made the job :clap: :dance:

LOL

ps : Wifey wins the CP and a Bisous, doesnt she ?

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

Originally posted by frenchfan
          I have no clue AZ... :brick:

BTW, St. Martin is not fully french ... It's half french and half netherlands...
          Do you think the status is old ?
          I'll make some reseaches ...

--- You are right french fan ---

--- St. Maarten is Dutch and St. Martin is French ---

--- There are 2 countries on the same island ---

--- I bought the Lalique on the French side --- St. Martin ---

--- MAP ---

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom passing, AZ.

Re the Black Forest carving of madonna and child...first all bavarian carvings are made by the Swiss (it's a common misconception). Later on, I'll back up everything I'm relaying here. First, will you look at these next two pictures and let me know if they match your figurine? I'll hold off looking further until you say yeah or neigh. Then that will be my starting point for the history of the artwork.

Ebay Auction, 3rd photo down

Bavarian Store, select wood carvings, 2nd page within that section, 3-5th down.

I believe there is also a figurine called the Black Madonna and Child....but I am not sure that is not South African Artwork...I think it's Bavarian Black Forest art. Easy enough to figure out.

A picture takes me to a whole other place though!

AZ---The Black Forest would also make a good thread! Have you seen that Hi-Jacker, KCLady, around?

--- HW, none of those even remotely resemble the wooden carved sculpture that I have ---

--- Mine is all wood, no paint for one thing ---

--- And I wouldn't expect you to try to identify the artist without a photo !

--- I didn't realize that you would jump on it so soon ---

--- I will post a photo or two when I get home from work today ---

--- Thanks !!!

---

Comment

For someone who doesn't like yellow people, ANTON,

AZ has a point!
              :shake:

IM NOT YELLOW!!!

:hammer:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
                :shake:

IM NOT YELLOW!!!

:hammer:

--- HE'S GREEN !!! ---

--- anton ---

Comment

--- HE'S GREEN !!! ---

--- anton ---

EXACTLY!!!

but jodes doesnt get it...

sigpic

Comment

EXACTLY!!!

but jodes doesnt get it...

I get it, Anton.
                    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by frenchfan

ps : Wifey wins the CP and a Bisous, doesnt she ?

--- I'll give HW the CP and you give her the bisses !!!

---

Comment

--- I'll give HW the CP and you give her the bisses !!!

---

keep it in your pants you sly dog you....

sigpic

Comment

--- OK, now that HW has identified the artist of the crystal sculpture as Lalique ---

--- Let's see if anyone can ID the artist of this wooden sculpture !!!

--- HW already has a head start and hasn't even seen it yet !!! ---

--- I bought this one in Germany --- I always thought Bavaria was a state in Germany until HW brought to our attention that Bavarian carvings are Swiss ???

Re the Black Forest carving of madonna and child...first all bavarian carvings are made by the Swiss (it's a common misconception).
                          --- So, we may be looking for a Swiss artist !

--- I know for sure that I bought it in Germany !!! ---

--- Years ago, a few of us had a little time to kill so we jumped in a jeep and went on some back roads from Miesenbach and wound up in Nürnberg ---

--- All the way there, and back to the base, we stopped at many resturants and shops in many different little hamlets ---

--- I remember that it was on the way back, outside of Nürnberg, when I purchased this sculpture ---

--- The shop was full of carvings, and all of them were all wood, no paint ---

--- This one that I have is about 18" high and the base is about 4" across ---

--- It is carved from a single piece of wood ---

--- I do not know what kind of wood it is carved from ---

--- View 1 --- View 2 --- View 3 ---

--- While I was taking these photos, I was looking for a signature on the bottom of the pedestal and I found a mark carved between the folds of the robe on the back side of the sculpture ---

--- The symbol is about 7" above the bottom of the base and is about 2 1/2 " long

--- It is vertical, carved inside the folds of the robe !

--- It looks like a sword piercing 2 deltas --- Maybe this is a CLUE !!!

--- I sketched the symbol because it is hidden so well on the sculpture ---

--- This has to be the artist's signature !!!

--- Again, CP to anyone who can ID the artist !!!

--- I hope we have as much fun as the last one !!!

---

Comment

--- OK, now that HW has identified the artist of the crystal sculpture as Lalique ---

--- Let's see if anyone can ID the artist of this wooden sculpture !!!

--- HW already has a head start and hasn't even seen it yet !!! ---

--- I bought this one in Germany --- I always thought Bavaria was a state in Germany until HW brought to our attention that Bavarian carvings are Swiss ???

--- So, we may be looking for a Swiss artist !

--- I know for sure that I bought it in Germany !!! ---

--- Years ago, a few of us had a little time to kill so we jumped in a jeep and went on some back roads from Miesenbach and wound up in Nürnberg ---

--- All the way there, and back to the base, we stopped at many resturants and shops in many different little hamlets ---

--- I remember that it was on the way back, outside of Nürnberg, when I purchased this sculpture ---

--- The shop was full of carvings, and all of them were all wood, no paint ---

--- This one that I have is about 18" high and the base is about 4" across ---

--- It is carved from a single piece of wood ---

--- I do not know what kind of wood it is carved from ---

--- View 1 --- View 2 --- View 3 ---

--- While I was taking these photos, I was looking for a signature on the bottom of the pedestal and I found a mark carved between the folds of the robe on the back side of the sculpture ---

--- The symbol is about 7" above the bottom of the base and is about 2 1/2 " long

--- It is vertical, carved inside the folds of the robe !

--- It looks like a sword piercing 2 deltas --- Maybe this is a CLUE !!!

--- I sketched the symbol because it is hidden so well on the sculpture ---

--- This has to be the artist's signature !!!

--- Again, CP to anyone who can ID the artist !!!

--- I hope we have as much fun as the last one !!!

---

az...that is beautiful....I don't have the time or energy to do all that research..
                            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

keep it in your pants you sly dog you....

are you talking about az... :nono:
                              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

--- No tricks on this one --- I know that it is French crystal ---

--- Here is a different view---

---

Well, it's perfectly erect.....

...so it wasn't made in Italy......
                                Last edited by rcsodak; 10-05-2006, 09:08 PM.
                                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X