The Departed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Departed

This movie was pretty good. It had a lot of funny moments and a lot of violence, but the main ingredient that stands out to me is the tension. With two guys (DeCaprio and Damon) working on opposite sides, the way they get into and out of trouble during the movie is really something to watch. Jack Nicholson plays a perfect sleazebag. Mark Wahlberg has a lot of good one liners too.

When I think of a movie that has a lot of star power (such as this one), they either turn out to be really average or really, really good. Like I said before, this movie falls into the latter category, IMO.

Overall, this was a well acted, well written film. I haven't watched many movies this year, but this was the best movie that I have seen so far this year. Highly recommended. :2cents:
    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

as ohio is wont to do, he speaks the truth. great plot. great writing. great action. its got everything. it is vulgar and violent though, for those who don't like that sort of thing.

i recommend checking out the original as well: infernal affairs. it is also very good. and it's always fun to compare an original with its remake from another country (another great example is seven samuri and the magnificent seven).
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

the best movie ive seen in a long long time. Dicaprio really comes into his own in this flick. Everyone was great. The dark humor in this movie really cracked me up to, how boston people are so mean to their closest friends.
      Blet

Comment

Have you seen this movie yet?

If not... then what the hell are you still doing here reading this crap?!

GO! GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!

IT'S INCREDIBLE!

I'm dead serious. Go now!
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

It's easily the best movie of the year and if it doesn't win any Oscars, I will be very surprised. I won't be surprised if Scorsese doesn't win best director, because he's never won, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't get nominated for best picture, best screenplay, best actor, best supporting actor, and possibly a whole slew of others.

As soon as the credits rolled, I placed it in my top five...which is very elite to me.

It was nice getting to watch it before anyone else and not having to deal with the public. The eight of us were able to comment and laugh and clap as much as we wanted, and we did. Because at least four of us that watched it are huge mob and irish film fans. I'd say it's up there with The Boondock Saints, I haven't decided if I can say it's better than that, but it's close.

And if you have any sort of drop of Irish blood in you, you will love this movie. Not to mention understand it a lot more.

Anyway, go see the movie that has my Oscar nod for Best Picture.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Yeah isn't amazing how a remake of a chinese movie would actually be better than the orginal. Both are great movies. Leo does it again by giving an excellent proformance in that movie, heck all of the actors did a great job. A must see movie for this year.

Comment

Working...
            X