Dune Mini Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune Mini Series

I was just wondering if anyone on the board has seen the Dune miniseries that aired a few years back? I'm a big fan of the book and of the original movie, and I wanted to know if the miniseries was worth buying on DVD. I thought TDK or some of you other guys may have seen it and I just wanted an opinion
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Originally posted by Nightwing
    I was just wondering if anyone on the board has seen the Dune miniseries that aired a few years back? I'm a big fan of the book and of the original movie, and I wanted to know if the miniseries was worth buying on DVD. I thought TDK or some of you other guys may have seen it and I just wanted an opinion
    I'm kind of fuzzy on it because it was a while back, but I recall it being pretty good.

Awesome book, by the way.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      I'm kind of fuzzy on it because it was a while back, but I recall it being pretty good.

Awesome book, by the way.
      Thanks, I owe you a CP when I can give them out again. I thought I was one of the only people that enjoyed the book and movie.

Side Note: DAMN YOU TITO ORTIZ!!

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Thanks, I owe you a CP when I can give them out again. I thought I was one of the only people that enjoyed the book and movie.

Side Note: DAMN YOU TITO ORTIZ!!
        HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry man, but Ortiz is my dude. I can't root for Shamrock, even in retirement.

I really was touched by the aftermath of the fight, though. I thought that Ortiz conducted himself well when Shamrock came back for the handshake. Shamrock was classy, too. I loved what Shamrock said to Tito:

"We made a lot of money together, man. It was always business."

Great way to look at it.

Now, who wants to start a poll on how long it'll take for Shamrock to put 20 lbs back on and get back to pro wrestling?
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
          HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry man, but Ortiz is my dude. I can't root for Shamrock, even in retirement.

I really was touched by the aftermath of the fight, though. I thought that Ortiz conducted himself well when Shamrock came back for the handshake. Shamrock was classy, too. I loved what Shamrock said to Tito:

"We made a lot of money together, man. It was always business."

Great way to look at it.

Now, who wants to start a poll on how long it'll take for Shamrock to put 20 lbs back on and get back to pro wrestling?
          I figured that Ortiz was going to win, he was just too strong for Shamrock to handle. I'd like to see a rematch between Frank Shamrock and Tito, but Frank is working for a different promotion so I'm not sure that it's ever going to happen.

I was kind of surprised by the ending as well, but I never felt that Shamrock and Ortiz truly hated each other. I think they did dislike each other, but I believe that some of it was just done for the cameras, which is still cool.

Well, Ken has already been to TNA once, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return

Comment

I figured that Ortiz was going to win, he was just too strong for Shamrock to handle. I'd like to see a rematch between Frank Shamrock and Tito, but Frank is working for a different promotion so I'm not sure that it's ever going to happen.

I was kind of surprised by the ending as well, but I never felt that Shamrock and Ortiz truly hated each other. I think they did dislike each other, but I believe that some of it was just done for the cameras, which is still cool.

Well, Ken has already been to TNA once, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return
            True... and with TNA, he wouldn't have to travel a lot. They don't tour much, from what I can tell.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X