New Omen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Omen

I just saw it, the first time I was sad that a father did't kill his kid. Its better and a lot is diffent I would rate it a 7/10 how about you guys?

I thought it kicked ass.

I loved the beginning.

9/10
    Go Huskers.

Comment

I want to see it, looks interesting.

btw there is a rate a movie thread

Comment

I loved seeing Mia Farrow (star of cult classic "Rosemary's Baby"....A MUST SEE !!) as the 2nd nanny, but.............

I have a very difficult time rating what is essentially a scene for scene remake of a classic.

Do I rate it in comparison to the original?? If so, I'd give it a 5/10 and the original a 10/10. Do I rate it as if I'd never seen the original ?? I simply can't do that. The original is one of my top-10 all-time favorite horror movies. I've seen the original at least a dozen times.

Quite honestly, I would have preferred a 4th Omen movie (I don't count the cheap, made-for-TV "Omen 4" as part of the series. On top of being pathetic in every aspect, there's no reason the 4th movie couldn't have followed the Omen book series....pretty cool from what I remember), a sequel to " The Final Conflict", to a new version that adds nothing to the original.

1.Liev Schreiber was OK, but isn't half the actor Gregory Peck was.
        2. The Zoo scene wasn't as good as the original version's.
        3. Will "Damien Omen 2" and "The Final Conflict" be remade....or is this $imply another attempt to ca$h in on a cla$$ic??

WATCH THE ORIGINAL!!!!
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

3/10

The kid is just not creepy at all, when he tries to look scary, he just comes out comical. If it another kid, like he one from Godsend, 8/10. It lives up to the original I think if not for the kid.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193
            3/10

The kid is just not creepy at all, when he tries to look scary, he just comes out comical. If it another kid, like he one from Godsend, 8/10. It lives up to the original I think if not for the kid.

Out of curiosity....... while I disagree that it "lives up to the original" (take your pick..... sense of dread, acting, musical score....really, in any manner at all), I'm interested into what others think about the reason for this remake: maybe I missed something, but does the new one add anything to the original?? Was this meant to be a tribute to the original?? I suppose I wouldn't mind that, if it were the case, but I'm extremely skeptical..... the new one feels like a "We have no original ideas left, but know the name will $ell it$elf".

I'm glad I didn't see this in the theater.... I would have felt ripped off. Forgive a disgruntled old man for expecting A HINT OF ORIGINALITY :brick: out of my favorite genre of movies : horror movies. Once again, I would have preferred a sequel to "The Final Conflict". Had that been made, at least the writers could have taken the story in the direction of their choice instead of mimicking the original .

Once again..... WATCH THE ORIGINAL .... it's probably been a while since most of us have seen it...... and watch the 1st 2 sequels-- "Damien: Omen 2" and "The Final Conflict".

--edit-- Watching the movie with the director's commentary (I'm trying to understand the intent behind the remake): the director says "This was the point of the remake, really, was to give it context. This scene was never in the original movie ..... and I think, absent this, there wouldn't be much point to doing it."

This quote came from the scene with the meeting in the Vatican, within the 1st 5 minutes of the movie.

Giving credit where credit is due..... I like the fact that they used Harvey Stevenson, the original Damien, in a cameo as a reporter in the scene following the 1st nanny's suicide. Stevens played one of the reporters as Thorn entered the US embassy.
            Last edited by keithbishop; 10-21-2006, 12:00 PM.
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

it wasnt a bad movie, the preist death part was f***in awsome and the jackle was bad @$$. but as for all around creepyness i give it a 3/10 wasnt really that creepy and i could see what was gona happen before it even happened very predictable. but still one id buy just for the story and the jackle (the thing in the red robe) those things are awsome
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X